“clean and simple” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #36 of 49 Hotels in Arlington
New York City, New York
“clean and simple”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

Simple, affordable motel in an area that generally fills up very quickly and doesn't have many options in this range. When I was got in, I was informed that my reservation price was higher than the actual rate for those days, and my price was re-adjusted downwards, all without any prompting. Clean, comfortable rooms, and in general a pleasant stay. Soundproofing could be a little bit better, but this was a very good experience.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Kevin T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

I stayed at this property for 2 nights. The room was clean, comfortable and affordable. However, one lady at the front desk was a bit rude and unprofessional I believe her name was Sheryl.

I chose this motel because I needed to stay near the Pentagon Memorial for an affordable price. There were food options within walking distance as well as a few bars. We were able to catch the train which was within walking distance from the Motel.

This Motel is a bit old, however, the rooms are sufficient. Overall I enjoyed my stay! If the rude lady in the front gets a better attitude I would recommend this property.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
Highland Heights, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

Clean, comfortable, conveniently located, quiet, reasonably priced (for D.C. area), free parking. It is an older motor inn that has been remodeled. Nice comfortable beds, really nice bathroom. My family turned up noses when we pulled in, but they were won over during the stay. Easy walk to the metro at Virginia Square (3 blocks) or Ballston (with mall area and restaurants about 6 blocks). Both are short rides into the D.C. monuments on the orange line. Short drive (or metro) to Arlington Cemetery and Iwo Jima monument. Breakfast was bagels, donuts, yogurt, fresh fruit!, croissants, coffee and OJ. This is not the Hilton or Hyatt, but it is also half the price. I couldn't be happier; we'll be staying here on our next visit to the area.

Room Tip: Ballston Common mall is located close to the Ballston metro station, a short walk up Wilson Blvd. Th...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank OrgChemDr
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

My son and I were on a field trip to DC. Out of habit I was looking for a Residence Inn or similar. All of those options were booked and so after some very diligent research my wife found this gem. The price was right and it was within an easy walk (3 blocks) of a Metro (Virginia Square/GMU).

I usually struggle a lot with hotel beds but these were great and I slept better than I usually do when I travel. The room was clean and it was really nice to go into a place where there was not a price tag on everything. As others have noted there is a nice sized refrigerator in the room and a 7-11 within a block so we could get milk, water etc and keep it cold.

The staff was very friendly. On our last day I asked if they could keep our one suitcase while we were at the museums and they were very helpful.

They do have breads (bagels etc) and fruit for breakfast but we took advantage of a Starbucks right next to the Metro.

It can be noisy at night but it is a city.

If you are flying in and out of Dulles - take bus 5A and get off at the Roslyn stop which is just outside the Roslyn Metro station and take the Orange line to Virginia Square/GMU. Very inexpensive (6.00/person for the bus ride and just a couple of bucks for the Metro).

There are a number of nice restaurants in the area. I would be careful of the Mario's Pizza place next door - it was inexpensive and that was reflected in the quality of the pizza. One really nice place for families is a BBQ place called Rocklands about 6 blocks away from the hotel - it was a nice walk.

Between the hotel and the Metro is a community art building that had some interesting sculptures outside.

If you are not careful and look at the hotel on Google Maps it might look like an uncomfortable area for a family. That is not the case at all. The hotel has houses behind it and some very expensive townhomes/condos around it.

Oh yeah we packed light - the hotel does not have a guest laundry but there is a full service cleaners right next door that is open 7-7 and they will do your laundry at a pretty reasonable price.

I have a bad feeling that with all of the significant development in the area this place will disappear in the next five years which would be too bad.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank ACCTProfessor
Charlottesville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Appearance is nothing to rave about, but rooms are actually fairly well-appointed.
Bath is modern. TV and internet work well. Desk clerk was helpful. Room was pretty quiet.
Seemed pricey to me at $125 with taxes, but for the Ballston area it's at the low end.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Stephen W
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

Excellent location and brilliant service! This is not my first visit to Washington and I must say that I have stayed in quite a number of hotels which did not meet my expectation! I have finally found a "home" in Arlington!!! I loved the spacious and spotless rooms... But most importantly the great customer service! The metro station at Virginia squire was the icing on the cake. I loved everything ...and will definitely come back again and again and again! For keeps

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Lightness S
Avon, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

Clean warm modestly updated room with a better bed than more expensive places I've stayed. Friendly helpful staff that aided me with my touring plans, and the location was great with many places to eat within a few blocks. Easy Metro ride from the airport and to all of the sights. 5 nights under $500 with taxes. I would stay again for sure!

Room Tip: First floor would be best if available. No elevator with outside walk up.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo