Clean, comfortable, conveniently located, quiet, reasonably priced (for D.C. area), free parking. It is an older motor inn that has been remodeled. Nice comfortable beds, really nice bathroom. My family turned up noses when we pulled in, but they were won over during the stay. Easy walk to the metro at Virginia Square (3 blocks) or Ballston (with mall area and restaurants about 6 blocks). Both are short rides into the D.C. monuments on the orange line. Short drive (or metro) to Arlington Cemetery and Iwo Jima monument. Breakfast was bagels, donuts, yogurt, fresh fruit!, croissants, coffee and OJ. This is not the Hilton or Hyatt, but it is also half the price. I couldn't be happier; we'll be staying here on our next visit to the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Highlander Motel is an affordable motel in Arlington VA close to the FDIC, NSF, and George Mason University. We offer free parking, free wireless internet access and HD television. We are located 2 blocks from the Virginia Square Metro station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Highlander Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Highlander Hotel Arlington
- Highlander Motel Arlington