I stayed at the Highlander a numerous times when, post 911, I had to do a lot of military reserve duty in Arlington. They were always good to me and it sure was nice to have a place to stay which was within walking distance of my duty station. I returned to the Highlander last week for the funeral of an old friend at Arlington National Cemetery, one of the many DC area landmarks easily reached from the Highlander. If your destination is beyond walking distance, and like me you prefer not to drive up there, the Highlander IS withing walking distance of two Metro stations. The Highlander's rooms are clean and spacious. I can't speak to the quietness of the streetside rooms, but my rooms on the back side have always been quiet. There are flat screen TVs and refridgerators in the rooms. They offer a basic continental breakfast. If you find that insufficient, there are a number of good restaurants, cafes, etc. close by. Weeknight rates are good by DC standards. Weekend rates are even better. Parking is free.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Highlander Motel is an affordable motel in Arlington VA close to the FDIC, NSF, and George Mason University. We offer free parking, free wireless internet access and HD television. We are located 2 blocks from the Virginia Square Metro station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Highlander Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Highlander Hotel Arlington
- Highlander Motel Arlington