Once a year, I spend a couple of nights at the Highlander while I am at NSF HQ. I don't need fancy places. I'm on my own, I need to get work done, I need a quiet, comfortable, non-smoking room, strong wifi connectivity, a spacious desk, a hot shower, some food outlets in proximity (El Pollo Rico -- yum!; 7-11, a hamburger place literally outside), and I need a budget price. I get all that and more at Highlander. Oh, and there's a huge screen in the room (I guess it's a TV, but I never switch it on). And there's a continental breakfast with OJ, coffee, fresh fruit, and a selection of fresh pastries. All this, at a convenient walking distance from Metro (Virginia Sq. on the Orange Line) and from NSF (but bring gloves for winter). And always a smile at Reception. I'll go back there next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Highlander Motel is an affordable motel in Arlington VA close to the FDIC, NSF, and George Mason University. We offer free parking, free wireless internet access and HD television. We are located 2 blocks from the Virginia Square Metro station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Orbitz so you can book your Highlander Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Highlander Hotel Arlington
- Highlander Motel Arlington