“excellent service and hotel”
Review of Inn of Rosslyn

Inn of Rosslyn
Ranked #41 of 52 Hotels in Arlington
Reviewed July 22, 2010

I arrived at the hotel without a reservation and judy checked me in without a problem and gave me discount. The service here is great and eden also helped me. they are friendly and very helpful. my room had 2 beds and the room was clean and nice. if you need a place to stay without reservation come here and they will accommadate you.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank oxxr

Reviewed July 6, 2010

We have been staying in hotels and motels for a month now - travelling across and up and down America. I have stayed in five star hotels and have not received any where near close to the warm, intelligent hospitality that we received here. Judy at the front desk was amazing. She welcomed us, made our reservation and checked us in, all while finding out how she could make our stay at the Inn and America just that little bit better. We were having trouble hiring a car and she sorted this out with one phone call. The car rental place, Enterprise, was just up the road, however, she arranged a staff member to come and pick us up and take us up there. She was so nice and friendly we went out and bought her flowers. Judy also then gave us directions to the beach and showed us where we should be staying out there.
'Judy, thank you for all your help'
I strongly recommend this property. Rooms are clean and spacey with all the amenities that a traveller would want

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank mmmmmmmBailey
Reviewed July 5, 2010

Scary neighborhood, really thin walls and windows, desperately in need of renovation. Staff was adequate but not professional. The fridge was so noisy, I had to unplug it in order to sleep. Not very convenient to airport or public transportation. In short, this place is a dump. There are many better places to stay in DC than here.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 3, 2010

Family of 4, stayed June 27 - July 2

You really can not beat the value. If you are in the area for sightseeing, are on a budget, and just need a clean, air-conditioned room to come back to every day, this is the place for you. Free parking helps, too! It's mind-boggling to me that hotels that were just up the street charge $150-250 a night (or more) AND charge for parking. Ridiculous, in my opinion.

I've stayed in much more expensive hotels where the rooms were not as clean as this one. Elvia, the housekeeper, is top-notch and will even do your laundry, if needed - for a price, of course, but it was worth it after three days of record-breaking heat! The hotel does have laundry facilities for guests to use, as well.

Paul, the maintenance man/shuttle driver is extremely friendly and full of helpful hints.

The office staff were all very friendly and helpful, as well.

The back side of the property is adjacent to an older apartment complex, and at first, I was concerned. However, we were never bothered by noise or any activity from that property.

As others have stated, the metro is a short walk from the hotel. Here's a hint - don't go up Pierce St, which seems the obvious way to go, because it is just to the side of the hotel. But, it is a very steep hill. Go down Fairfax to Ft. Meyer. Much easier walk. Paul can drive you in the morning, but their shuttle service ends at 2:00 p.m.

Only two complaints: One, which really can not be fixed without a major overhaul of the hotel, is the size of the bathroom - it is tiny, with absolutely no counter space. With a family of four it's difficult to live out of bags for a week, and we basically had to spread everything out on the tops of the dressers. Luckily, there is plenty of space there, and while we're talking dressers - I was pleased with the drawer space.

The second complaint is breakfast - not what was served, but the time. Breakfast was suppose to be available at 6:00 a.m. I don't think there was one day when it was available before 6:30, and once it was later than that. That may not be a big deal for some, but we are early risers, and I have to have my coffee! :-) There is a coffee pot in the room, but I have never been a fan of making coffee with water from the bathroom sink - it's just a "thing" for me. Breakfast is just donuts, bagels, juice and coffee, but it's enough.

Yes, this hotel is old - I believe it was built in 1953. But, again, it is clean and we all slept well. Take advantage of this great value while you can, because my gut tells me that, somewhere down the line, they will either sell the property or will be forced to do a major overhaul, which is going to jack up the cost.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 30, 2010

We wanted something near the Washington subway and the Inn fit our needs. The 6 block walk to the Metro and restaurants would have been easy if it had not been 99° and 98° while we were there. The Inn does have a free shuttle during morning hours only so it didn't fit into our schedule. A short walk to the U.S. Marines Monument, also. This is a basic 50's motel down to the pink tile in the bathroom, but was well maintained, clean and comfortable. Our AC fan masked any noise from the very busy Arlington Blvd. Continental breakfast is provided but the room is small so needed to pick up and take back to room.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LarrySTexas
Reviewed June 28, 2010

the Inn was very simple but it's loction is perfect. It needs some upgrading such as beds and furniture as well as tv's, but with the amount of time we spent in the room it didn't really matter. The rooms need new AC's but we weren't there in the daytime anyways. The walk to the metro station (subway) is about five or six blocks, the morning shuttle can take you there but you'll have to walk back in the evening. I saw no crime in the area and felt safe walking around day or night. The breakfast is very simple just bagles, doughnuts and coffee and OJ. not all rooms have a microwave so be sure to ask if you need one.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank cavemandan
Reviewed June 7, 2010

Paul Cochran, an employee at the Inn Of Rosslyn has consistently been friendly, helpful and gives excellent customer service on all my visits to The Inn Of Rosslyn. He makes me feel welcomed and if I need any help or a ride to the Metro, Paul is there. One time I needed Paul at 2:00 A.M. After talking to Paul on the telephone, Paul was at my room and fixed my problem within 10 minutes.
Thanks Paul,