“If you're on a budget, you can't do better than this!”
Review of Inn of Rosslyn

Inn of Rosslyn
Ranked #41 of 52 Hotels in Arlington
Reviewed July 3, 2010

Family of 4, stayed June 27 - July 2

You really can not beat the value. If you are in the area for sightseeing, are on a budget, and just need a clean, air-conditioned room to come back to every day, this is the place for you. Free parking helps, too! It's mind-boggling to me that hotels that were just up the street charge $150-250 a night (or more) AND charge for parking. Ridiculous, in my opinion.

I've stayed in much more expensive hotels where the rooms were not as clean as this one. Elvia, the housekeeper, is top-notch and will even do your laundry, if needed - for a price, of course, but it was worth it after three days of record-breaking heat! The hotel does have laundry facilities for guests to use, as well.

Paul, the maintenance man/shuttle driver is extremely friendly and full of helpful hints.

The office staff were all very friendly and helpful, as well.

The back side of the property is adjacent to an older apartment complex, and at first, I was concerned. However, we were never bothered by noise or any activity from that property.

As others have stated, the metro is a short walk from the hotel. Here's a hint - don't go up Pierce St, which seems the obvious way to go, because it is just to the side of the hotel. But, it is a very steep hill. Go down Fairfax to Ft. Meyer. Much easier walk. Paul can drive you in the morning, but their shuttle service ends at 2:00 p.m.

Only two complaints: One, which really can not be fixed without a major overhaul of the hotel, is the size of the bathroom - it is tiny, with absolutely no counter space. With a family of four it's difficult to live out of bags for a week, and we basically had to spread everything out on the tops of the dressers. Luckily, there is plenty of space there, and while we're talking dressers - I was pleased with the drawer space.

The second complaint is breakfast - not what was served, but the time. Breakfast was suppose to be available at 6:00 a.m. I don't think there was one day when it was available before 6:30, and once it was later than that. That may not be a big deal for some, but we are early risers, and I have to have my coffee! :-) There is a coffee pot in the room, but I have never been a fan of making coffee with water from the bathroom sink - it's just a "thing" for me. Breakfast is just donuts, bagels, juice and coffee, but it's enough.

Yes, this hotel is old - I believe it was built in 1953. But, again, it is clean and we all slept well. Take advantage of this great value while you can, because my gut tells me that, somewhere down the line, they will either sell the property or will be forced to do a major overhaul, which is going to jack up the cost.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed June 30, 2010

We wanted something near the Washington subway and the Inn fit our needs. The 6 block walk to the Metro and restaurants would have been easy if it had not been 99° and 98° while we were there. The Inn does have a free shuttle during morning hours only so it didn't fit into our schedule. A short walk to the U.S. Marines Monument, also. This is a basic 50's motel down to the pink tile in the bathroom, but was well maintained, clean and comfortable. Our AC fan masked any noise from the very busy Arlington Blvd. Continental breakfast is provided but the room is small so needed to pick up and take back to room.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LarrySTexas
Reviewed June 28, 2010

the Inn was very simple but it's loction is perfect. It needs some upgrading such as beds and furniture as well as tv's, but with the amount of time we spent in the room it didn't really matter. The rooms need new AC's but we weren't there in the daytime anyways. The walk to the metro station (subway) is about five or six blocks, the morning shuttle can take you there but you'll have to walk back in the evening. I saw no crime in the area and felt safe walking around day or night. The breakfast is very simple just bagles, doughnuts and coffee and OJ. not all rooms have a microwave so be sure to ask if you need one.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank cavemandan
Reviewed June 7, 2010

Paul Cochran, an employee at the Inn Of Rosslyn has consistently been friendly, helpful and gives excellent customer service on all my visits to The Inn Of Rosslyn. He makes me feel welcomed and if I need any help or a ride to the Metro, Paul is there. One time I needed Paul at 2:00 A.M. After talking to Paul on the telephone, Paul was at my room and fixed my problem within 10 minutes.
Thanks Paul,
Mike Trochan

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank trochan
Reviewed May 26, 2010

The room was good and to my expectations. The rooms were kept clean every day and the clean bed sheets and towels were provided every day. The people at the reception were helpful when assistance was requested. The man who drives the vehicle was also helpful and a cheerful man. The bathroom was okay with hot water.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank Muberwa
Reviewed April 28, 2010

My husband and I stayed five nights from 4/21/10 through 4/26/10--location is great--a short walk or the 5 mins trip by hotel shuttle to the Rosslyn Metro. (leave your car in their free parking area and take the Metro!) Cannot say enough about the staff --Eden, Judy and Paul were great --- personable, extremely helpful, informative and accomodating--always seeking to please. Our room was immaculate and comfortable. Even the Continental breakfast was great --If you need modern luxury with all the frills, this is not for you but if you want a clean, comfortable room which is strategically located and is staffed by knowledgable, friendly people, this is it!! Thanks guys for everything!!!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank joyalex
Reviewed April 23, 2010

When we arrived to the Virginia area our hotel was over booked, and they sent us to the Inn. When we first drove in the parking lot I first thought I do not want to stay here, but my husband said we would try it. I'm so glad we did because when we walked into the Inn the desk clerk Judy welcomed us with open arms, we never had anyone have us feel like at home even the higher priced hotels. The rooms were very nice and clean, and our room had a microwave and small fridge. The Inn has donuts and bagels with coffee and juice for breakfast, and it starts at 6:30 am, they will accomadate you if you have to leave out early in the mornings. We took a tour that was suggested by Judy, and after we were given the breakfast times she had us coffee and breakfast ready before we had to go. They have a shuttle that runs early in the morning but we didn't use that service but it is free, and the shuttle guy is always on the go. Nice walk to metro, not far at all, and the area couldn't be more safer. Alot of restaurant's within walking distance, and a grocery store up the hill. We got more out of this stay than we would ever had expected and we would definiately stay at the Inn the next time we are in the area.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple