All reviews bagels within walking distance room was clean free parking arlington cemetery inexpensive hotel minute walk coffee and juice cream cheese helpful with directions metro station counter space safe neighborhood white house dc area national mall rosslyn
Reviewed November 12, 2017

This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. Damp walls caused by a leaky roof that has been leaking for years. Airconditioning that only blows. windows that need replacing and poor breakfast. watch out they hold onto your money for at least two weeks after you have left.

Room Tip: don't stay here, there are cheaper better hotels a short distance away.
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RAY S
Reviewed November 11, 2017 via mobile

Cheapness: that's the main feature of this place. Head a few miles over the river to DC and you'll pay much more for equivalent accommodation. However, you'll need to use a taxi or the metro to get to the city as it's not particularly near. This place is old and in real need of some renovation and redecoration, but as it is, it's perfectly acceptable. It's well cleaned and represents good value, but just don't expect the ambiance to cheer your spirits or inspire any creative flair.

Stayed: November 2017
Reviewed October 23, 2017 via mobile

We stayed here 10/16-10/21. The price was great. Location was great. Very safe area to walk to metro and restaurants. BUT you have to walk uphill two blocks and then three more blocks downhill to the metro. You should know this if your touring plans involve using the metro. You will get a workout! Some would call this place retro. I call it old. It could use some updating but then the price would be higher. Staff we friendly and helpful. Housekeeping was great. We wanted more at breakfast than the very basic that was offered. There is a Starbucks in the Courtyard Marriott on the way to the Metro that had full egg breakfasts. It was very quiet all but the last night when a nearby room played loud music at midnight. It served our purpose as a comfortable and safe and economical place to tour DC.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
3  Thank nancynana9950
Reviewed October 3, 2017

Two years ago, I'd booked the Inn on short notice at the height of cherry blossoms. This time, it was a cheap last minute air fare to get out of Florida for a hurricane. The Inn remains a reasonable walk from the Rosslyn Metro station and the Target store and District Tacos near it. Construction has finished on a huge apartment building back of the motel, so things are quiet, although my room didn't have much of a view. The room was genuinely quiet at night.

Accommodations remain firmly retro, maybe 1960s, in excellent condition. The door has a rather clever automatic deadbolt. The front office is helpful, though not open 24 hours (this came up when I expected to have to be at the airport at 4:30 am).

For those going to Arlington National Cemetery, the pedestrian route via the Marine Corps Memorial remains open; there is a security point at the entrance nearest the Memorial (which is being refurbished right now). The Cemetery now security checks all visitors, which was not the case in 2015.

The Rosslyn neighborhood is quite nice in an expensive, bland sort of way. The motel has parking, something I did not check out, being a pedestrian.

Room Tip: Second floor would provide a bit more light and air.
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled solo
1  Thank David M
Reviewed September 25, 2017

I am a frequent visitor at the Inn of Rosslyn as I spend time in DC every week for my employment and need a room for a night during my visit. The staff is always very friendly, greets me by name and extends a pleasant smile upon my arrival and departure. Their night manager, Victor is extremely professional and a pleasure to work with. I have observed him interacting with other customers and he takes extra care to share information about the local restaurants, and how to navigate the metro. If I'll be arriving late, he even calls my cell to double check my arrival time in the evening. Evelyn is also very pleasant to deal with upon my check-outs in the morning and helps ensure my reservations synchronize with my sometimes hectic travel schedule. The Inn of Rosslyn should consider itself fortunate to have employees of this caliber in their employ.The price if very affordable and the rooms clean. This is a good value for the money.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business