Lock in the lowest price from these sites
FindHotel
eDreams
StayForLong
All reviews bagels room was clean minute walk pink tile metro station the iwo jima memorial first floor white house mini fridge washington dc national mall motel retro hairdryer safeway desk virginia
Selected filters
Reviewed April 24, 2017

Location is everything when in DC. This was within walking distance from the Rosslyn metro station. Room and furniture are very dated, although I kind of liked the 50's style bathroom. Yes it's dated but it was clean, free wifi, free parking, had friendly staff and it's about $100 cheaper per night than other rooms I looked at. I think the only thing that annoyed me was the non-HD TV. Great for someone going to DC on a tight budget.

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank 743kerip
Reviewed April 20, 2017

Yes, it's basically a 50's old fashioned motel like ones I have stayed in on Route 66 30-50 years ago. I got an excellent price, was treated well by the staff and the room was clean and comfortable. The Metro is about a 10 minute walk and there are plenty of great places to eat in walking distance as well.
If you're looking for a place to sleep and be the starting and ending place for days of exploring Washington, it's a great place!

Room tip: I had the East end, second floor. Got early morning light.
Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed April 3, 2017

I don't know why there are so many bogus reviews of this hotel out there. I was shocked when I actually saw it. It is like a 1950s roadside motel, which would be OK for $50 a night, but I paid $130 (based on the numerous 5 star reviews). It is relatively spartan, the bathroom has no counters, so I had to use the toilet as a counter, which was a problem when the toilet kept running and I had to take the lid off to fix it. There is coffee in the morning, but I wouldn't call it breakfast. It is within walking distance of the Rosslyn metro station, but not very close to it. It is a bit of a hike. I wouldn't have such a problem with the place if the reviews weren't so obviously inflated or if the price were reasonable.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank ZiftD
Reviewed March 24, 2017

Why are reviewers giving this place more than 1 star? Because when you check in they ask you to rate it 5 stars on Tripadvisor! Come on people! Don't bring families here. Breakfast is a joke. This place should rent for $50 per night - it is a very good stop for truckers. Plastic mattress covers - come on!

Room tip: Avoid this place - I am annoyed that I listened to other reviewers. This may actually be welfare housing.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
3  Thank Jack L
Reviewed March 10, 2017

close to airport. across from everything easy to get to in safe environment. not far from metro or groceries. no need to spend ton of money to get DC experience. just across the river easy for uber to locate. north of Arlington cemetery within walking distance

• Trip type: Traveled solo