Americana Hotel
WhyHotel(Arlington)
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
1,454 results
All reviewsdonutsfree parkingcrystal citypink tilefree continental breakfastdeluxe rooman older hotelmetro stationdc areabudget hotelshuttle serviceclean roomsmini fridgejefferson davis highwayreagan airportwould stay here againsafe area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 4, 2006

My flight out of National got cancelled during the huge storms that flooded the DC area ... and I had my choice of 1) Sleeping on the floor in the terminal 2) Hyatt Regency Crystal City for $375 or ... 3) Americana ... at $99 for the night. A delightful no-frills throwback. Front Desk staff was pleasant. I was surprised to get a metal key, not an access card, for my room. Room was basic and clean. Bathroom was very 1960s ... with a real mirrored medicine cabinet and tiled walls! Air conditioning worked poorly, but I didn't care ... I'd had a long day and was thankful for the clean room. Neighbors got rowdy around 3am, and before I could call, someone from the hotel was knocking on their door asking them to quiet down. Walkable to Metro via the Crystal City Underground ... a fine place to catch a few Z's while stranded.

Stayed: June 2006
5  Thank Sean H
Reviewed July 14, 2006

We were quite happy with the value of this Motel. As per other reviewers, we thought the location, quiet and comfort made up for the exterior older style appearance.

We had just flown in from Australia and arrived pretty late, but the night clerk, Larry, made us welcome and checked us in quickly.

Breakfasts were a little spartan, but OK. Room and bed was very comfortable, although the A/C a little noisy during the night.

But, at a nightly rate of $99 we can not complain and will gladly stay there again. We used their shuttle a couple of times and both drivers were efficient and friendly.

• Stayed: May 2006
5  Thank L&M_from_Oz
Reviewed June 23, 2006

I could say that the Americana is an unbeatable value, which it is, but it is so much more! If you are tired of spending $200-plus for a generic, forgettable room in a Big Box chain hotel and paying for countless amenities that you never use, then the Americana is the place for you. Are you old enough to remember road-tripping with your parents back in the 50's, roaring down the highway in a car with fins, windows open, eyes peeled for that elusive neon "Vacancy" sign? If you were lucky, you would have spent the night in a hotel much like Crystal City's Americana, bravely and touchingly holding its turquoise-and-neon own in a forest of towering mega-chains. We had a large, quiet room with a Queen bed, crisp sheets, blackout drapes, a mini-fridge, hair dryer, ironing station, T.V., and thick, fluffy white towels in the bath. All this, and a Continental breakfast to boot, for $89! Not to mention the peerless location, with all of D. C. right at your door. The staff was helpful, too.

This cheeky holdout gets my undying admiration and two thumbs up. I'll let the overpriced competition have the rest of my fingers.

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled on business
11  Thank CarolAthens
Reviewed June 22, 2006

This hotel is a small five-story, family owned hotel in the midst of many high-rise hotels, condos, etc. At first glance, I was a little nervous about my decision to stay here. However, when we checked in, I was immediately impressed with the cleanliness of the lobby. I don't think I've ever stayed at a hotel where the rooms were so clean and fresh smelling. The beds were comfortable, and the air conditioner kept the room comfortably cool without being noisy. Even though our room faced the freeway, it was one of the quietest hotel rooms we've ever stayed at. Never heard people in other rooms--even showering, walking in the halls, etc. Free continental breakfast each morning - large selection of donuts, bagels, croissants, pastries, orange juice and coffee. Within easy walking distance of the Metro (blue/yellow lines) and two shopping areas with food courts. Only paid $79 per night for a double which included free parking--$90 cheaper than one of the least expensive chain hotels in the same general area. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed: June 2006