“Nice place, good location”
Review of Americana Hotel

Americana Hotel
Ranked #21 of 51 Hotels in Arlington
“Nice place, good location”
Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

The people were very accommodating when my original booked room was not available. They got me in a new room, newly renovated, very clean, and a new flat screen tv.
Location within walking distance from the train station.

• Stayed May 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (239)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Colonia, NJ
Reviewed June 1, 2014

The price was right for this hotel and although dated, it was very clean. The group I traveled with had no issues with their room. It was just me.

I checked in at 3:45 PM and got a key. I requested a deluxe room on the first floor. When I got to the room, I had to wait outside as they were just starting to clean it. Check in time is 3:30 PM so it should have been finished and they also shouldn't check people in to a room that isn't cleaned yet.

The Deluxe room is supposedly a renovated room. Probably just the sheets since the rest of the room was pretty dated. The refrigerator in the room didn't work. They came to make sure it was plugged in, which it was, and there was nothing they could do about it on a Saturday night. Then I went to shower. The water was ice cold and wouldn't get hot no matter what I did. Finally took a cold shower since I was meeting friends. Maintenance came and he had no issue getting it hot. The next morning I discovered what the issue was since it was scalding hot and it wouldn't cool down. Seems the hot and cold water control was loose. The only way to adjust the temp was to turn it off, move the control to where you thought it would be at a good temperature and then turn it back on. This worked. I realized that it worked for maintenance since he had turned it off and was moving it back and forth before turning it back on.

I will say the maintenance man was extremely pleasant and nice. And the hotel was responsive in sending maintenance. The other odd thing was that my friends asked me why I didn't get some ice to help get my bottled water cold and it was then I learned that they all had ice buckets except me.

Overall it's a good deal for the money and the included breakfast was a real plus. I just didn't like paying for a deluxe room that had so many issues.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Somerset, New Jersey
Reviewed May 30, 2014

It's the second time we went to D.C and it's the second time we spend the night in the Americana hotel. We really enjoyed our stay here. The hotel is in Arlington but very close by to the subway station. In 10 minutes you can get to downtown traveling in very clean subways.
The hotel in itself is very clean and quiet, with a very decent breakfast and very helpful people at the front desk. In addition it has parking for free, which make you save some bucks.
To sum up, the hotel has all you need when you go to D.C and all for a very affordable price.
We strongly recommend this hotel.

manila
Reviewed May 27, 2014

our flight out of washington was delayed so we had to find a nearby hotel to spend the night. we searched the web and found americana which was reasonably priced compared to other hotels in the area. the free shuttle was really beneficial to us. the rooms a bit ran down and though clean, you cant help but feel itchy or sneezy once inside. the free breakfast was mostly bread, muffins, donuts and cereals. there is a vending machine that sells water, coke, etc. it is also a few blocks away from pentagon city mall so we bought our dinner there.

Amarillo, Texas
Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

I really enjoyed my stay here. The price was very reasonable; the room was neat and clean; the staff was very friendly and helpful; and the breakfast was quite good. Three different kinds of fruit were provided, as well as four kinds of dry cereal plus oatmeal. They also had two kinds of juice, bagels, toast, and very good pastries.

It was also just a five minute walk one direction from the Metro, and a five minute walk the other direction to the conference hotels like the Doubletree. For those who do not want to walk, they also provide shuttle van service to the area.

Travelers hints: If you need more than one electrical outlet at either the table or at bedside, be sure to bring a short extension cord. There is one outlet available both places, but if you need more than one, you'll need an extension cord with a multiple outlet.

Also, shampoo, hand lotion, tissues, and a hair dryer were provided, there was no clock or clock radio.

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Stan A
Cali, Colombia
Reviewed May 22, 2014

This is the second time I stay at Americana Hotel. The first time I was really happy. Clean, well located, nice people and a good price hotel. But to be honest with you, I am a little bit dissapointed about this new experience. I arrived at 1 p.m., my room wasn´t ready and according to the man at the reception desk, I will have to wait till 3:00 p.m. (this delay has never happened to me before, anywhere) Besides that, He was not nice when I asked him where could I leave my bags. The attitude was like "put them over there" without looking at me and without signalling the place I was suposse to leave them, or without even seeing what I was doing. I guess I caught him in a very busy situation despite there was only another person at the reception, and you know that when you arrived at a place after a long trip you want someone nice and hepful at the reception. This guy was anything but that.
There was less furniture in my room compared to the one I was in my first visit. They removed the desk and the wardrobe, hopefully its a part of a remodeling process.
Despite this, the bed was really comfortable, I still love how clean the hotel is and how big the rooms are, The rest of the days I stayed there, another guy was at the reception (an African-American) and he was really nice, just as the guy from the shuttle. It is still a good place to stay in D.C.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Luisa B
Muskogee, Oklahoma
Reviewed May 22, 2014

The room was clean with good paint and fresh linens. Great neighborhood, 3 minute walk to the metrorail, shuttle to the airport and all of Crystal City, pretty good food selection within 10 min walk, and helpful staff. If you are looking for a pool, anchor restuarant/bar, and a $300 to $600 price tag, this isn't your place. If you need a great place to sleep and a base of operations for touring the Capitol, try Americana. I have been to DC alot and I am going to use this hotel again.

1 Thank you3o8