“Food was just OK--some of it was cold. Patio seating was nice.”
Review of Cucina Vivace - CLOSED

Cucina Vivace
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: S Eads
Transit: Crystal City Metro
Kansas City, Missouri
“Food was just OK--some of it was cold. Patio seating was nice.”
Reviewed October 11, 2011

Although some folks rave about the food, I thought it was mediocre. My dish was cold and gooey, but my husband's was better. The front patio has nice seating.

• Visited September 2011

NZ
“We came here for dinner one night not knowing what to expect, and left out amazed!”
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Normally I stay away from Italian restaurants for fear of yet another bowl of pasta drowned in marinara with a Parmesan overkill to top it off.

I was so pleasantly surprised to find quite the opposite.

Purely delectable food, with the perfect amount of flavors and simplicity that made my mouth water for more.

We tried the (to die for pesto), insalatta cesare, ravioli con salsa di granchi, piatto mediterraneo di granchio, and my personal favorite Spaghetti All'Arrabbiiata.

Truly memorable real Italian cuisine. Don't come here if you expect the same old generic Italian American meals.

If you want to be amazed at what a real Italian experience is, come by and be prepared to be blown away. I know I was.

• Visited December 2010
Michigan
“A very enjoyable splurge dinner”
Reviewed June 27, 2011

My husband and I enjoyed a meal at Cucina Vivace on a vacation to the area in May. I found this restaurant on a popular discount certificate site, and I must say, we were not disappointed. The interior is nicely done with pristine white tablecloths and lots of candles. We started with the Calamari Fritti and the Casseruola di Granchi (creamy baked crab dip served with bread). The calamari was very good--tender with crisp breading. The accompanying spicy marinara was good, but the freshly made Lemon Aioli made the dish! We also enjoyed the crab dip, but the bread could have been fresher. I ordered the lamb sirloin and my husband the crab-stuffed flounder, (both specials). Both were tasty and cooked perfectly. We splurged a bit on dessert--we shared both the Torta con Nutella and the Tiramisu. the Tiramisu was good, but the nutella-topped brownie was fudgy and decadent and the perfect way to top off dinner! Our server was pleasant and helpful but seemed to be new--he had to go back to the kitchen more than once to answer questions we had. I do agree with a previous reviewer who mentioned the inflated prices on the wine list. In fact, the prices of everything we had seemed a little higher than we would have expected for a small restaurant in a suburban area. We had meals at some restaurants in downtown Washington, DC owned by well-known chefs that had comparable menu pricing. All in all, we enjoyed the meal and would definitely return if in the area. (Though we would definitely search out another discount certificate.)

• Visited May 2011
McLean, Virginia
“Precious place, wonderful food”
Reviewed June 10, 2011

My husband and I have become regulars at this lovely restaurant over the past 6 months. We loved it right away because it has wonderful atmosphere and feels very cozy and romantic. The food has never disappointed. They have very good, handmade pasta, and we always make a point of getting some. But they have fantastic main dishes and specials as well, and we have always been pleased with the quality of the food, as well as the portions. We have had the quail, the ribeye, the pork chops, and the lamb special, and loved them all. Crystal City is a great place with a big entertainment and bar scene, but if you want atmosphere and cuisine Cucina Vivace stands out from the crowd.

• Visited June 2011
Park City, Utah
“3rd time visitor-now the review”
Reviewed May 1, 2011

I've eaten here three times. Each time there has been a lack of servers but fortunately each time I've been I wasn't in a hurry or during a peak time. But since all three times it's been just one waiter for the whole restaurant I think it's a problem.
The food is a bit overvalued. I don't mind paying for great unique food. But there isn't necessarily anything unique on the menu but I do believe it's all fresh and done in house. I love the white bean soup. But it too is pricey. Afterall, it's beans not lobster.
We had a promotional coupon so our meal was a good value after applying the discount.
It's a friendly quiet place to eat. My food has always been good. The bread is also a solid plus. I'd like to see some infused oils for dipping though.