“Convenient to Downtown DC”

Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport
Ranked #20 of 52 Hotels in Arlington
Reviewed June 25, 2010

Smaller full service Marriott in Crystal City, super convenient to the Metro if headed to tourist parts of Washington DC. Lot of convenient restaurants in Crystal City -low to high end.
Hotel is typical Marriott - very friendly and helpful front desk and restaurant staff. Has on site parking. Clean, well maintained, comfortable beds - all to Marriott standards
Except - very noisy AC units in the room. That is the one complaint - ended up cooling the room down and then turning it off at night
That is why the average rating.
Value is rated low - price is high per night, but DC is high in general.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 24, 2010

Better than typical Marriott. 10 minutes by airport shuttle to DCA and there are plenty of taxis available. Shuttle runs every 15 minutes. Gym was better than usual; swimming pool is rather large. Breakfast menu in the restaurant looked good. TV menu was good. Location a block from metro is very good. On this block you have the Marriott, Hyatt and Sheraton from what I could see; the Marriott got good reviews on TripAdivsor and that's why I stayed here. It was perfectly fine although I also feel I paid quite a bit in comparison to other properties; I paid $309 for a night based on the Marriott.com price.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 23, 2010

I go to DC every other year for a weekend vacation-and always stay in a different hotel. I found this one for $99 a night---unheard of in DC--and was very pleased. Super staff, free shuttle to airport, great room, etc. 1 short block to the blue/yellow line of metro. My only complaints---don't plan on eating or shopping at the Crystal City mall below the hotel. Everything was closed by 5:00!!!! Crystal city is deserted over the weekend-a ghost town.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 2, 2010

When I booked this hotel, I wanted one that was comfortable, reliable and close to the Metro. This hotel did not disappoint in any area. The staff were very friendly and courteous and always happy to help. The choice of food available for breakfast was good - something for everyone. However I wasn't so impresed with the choice available ont the evening I decided to eat in the hotel. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed May 17, 2010

Nice bathroom, standard room, can hear conversations through adjacent room, care more about conferences than providing value for individual guests, just hope other tower is newer and nicer; unless someone else is paying stay elsewhere

1  Thank 9,653
Reviewed May 3, 2010

My last experience at a Marriott was horrible, but I had a great time at the Crystal City Marriott. The location was fantastic. Close to some restaurants and to the Metro. The room was recently updated and was very comfortable. It had one of the most comfortable beds I've ever experienced in a hotel. It had a nice flat screen TV with some actual HD channels. It was easy to connect my portable DVD player to the TV. The a/c worked well. It had a nice shower head. It was very quiet. They also gave me a 2:00 pm checkout without blinking an eye. (Their normal checkout is 1:00 pm) Everything was great except for the fact that everyone in my group, except for me, got a turn down service and chocolate on their pillow.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank erewards
Reviewed April 25, 2010

We stayed here for our mini-vacation and it was GREAT! Luckily I had a change of hearts about staying in the center of Washington due the cherry blossom festival crowd with metro and the rates over there. We booked this hotel a month before our trip and still managed to get a decent rate with our AAA member card. We loved the hotel because it had direct access to the underground Crystal City Mall on which connects with WMATA trains.The staff was also very nice and helpful. The bed was super comfortable but then again, we spent everyday in museums and walking all through Washington DC so we were beat and at that point I must say anything is comfortable. Around the hotel there are quite a few choices s to eat therefore that was not a problem. We totally recommend Ted's Montana Grill and The Corner Bakery cafe and if you are in Washington please do try Rosa Mexicano it's outstanding! Oh! and one more thing you have free wi-fi at lobby only. Have a nice one, hope you enjoy your trip as much as us.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple