“Good location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 49 Hotels in Arlington
Atlanta
“Good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

Stayed here for two nights attending a conference. The facilities were good. The service was excellent! The location was very convenient for both the airport, shops, the Metro, and getting to attractions in DC.
Ruth in the bar was very helpful.
Would probably earn an excellent rating overall if free wi-fi was available in the rooms.

1 Thank frauduck
JT M, Manager at Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, September 1, 2014
Hello frauduck,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay at our hotel. And while at this point, we only offer complimentary in-room wifi for our Marriott Elite gold and platinum guests, I am glad to read that you liked the hotel. Reading that the facilities and location were good, service was excellent and Ruth was so helpful was great and I will make sure your comments are shared.

I really appreciate that you were with us and I hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in the D.C. area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

Perfect location! Everything was within walking distance. Metro was convenient. Can't say enough about the staff. Everyone I spoke with was pleasant and very helpful. I wish I had gotten their names as I would give each of them a shout out!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you so much thelms73 for being with us and for sharing your feedback. Reading that you enjoyed our hotel, our location and our staff's service was wonderful as that is exactly what we strive for with all of our guests.

Thank you again and I hope we will see you with us in the future.
Richmond
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

Very disappointing stay this time. Reservation wrong, room dirty. Never got the roll-a-way bed we needed. I had to sleep in a chair. No apologies from staff. Starbucks clerk was rude. So upsetting. Not staying at Marriott again. Hyatt will get my business.

Green Features: Never staying again. Attitude of all employees needs an entire overhaul.
    • 1 of 5 stars
JT M, Manager at Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
Hello Catherine M,

I am so sorry to have read your recent review as what you described is certainly not how this hotel operates. If you would like, please contact me directly at jt.magee@marriott.com as I would certainly like to get more specifics so we may properly address those that let you down and we can work to keep your business.

Again, I am very sorry we failed you.
Huntington, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

We stay in the DC area at least three times a year and this is the only place we want to stay. The service attitude of the staff is top notch. Malik Robertson is the most customer service oriented manager I have EVER met in rather extensive travels. The rest of the staff is very dedicated to giving the customer a great experience. The room was spotless, the location is on the Crystal City underground very near the Metro and many good restaurants. I would recommend the breakfast rate as the buffet was great with a large selection of good foods. Satay gives great service and Arua makes a killer omelet. Whenever we go to DC we will stay here--and you should also.

Room Tip: I would get the room with the breakfast rate
1 Thank Charlie A
Good morning Charlie A,

Thank you so much for staying with us at the Crystal City Marriott and for sharing your wonderful comments about our hotel. It was so nice to read how you enjoyed our hotel, your room, our breakfast buffet and our location. But what was best was reading your comments about Malik, Aura and the service level you experienced.

Please know they will be recognized for the differences they made in your stay and again, thank you and I hope your return stay with us is even better.
Woodstock, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

Very convenient to Metro - you have access to the Metro right from the hotel elevator. That makes it a great location for getting anywhere in DC and is only one stop from Reagan Airport. The Gym is of good size and is well maintained. The rooms are very dated. The wall coverings are 20+ years old and the room I was in had a noticeable stain on the rug and a wet hand cloth left behind the shower curtain. In addition the garbage was not removed the next day. I would choose the JW Marriott downtown if available and in your price range. I have stayed at both and it is nicer, feels new, and more expensive. The Crystal City Marriott does have easy access to the Mt Vernon running and biking trail only a 3 minute run away for access. Staff was very helpful and attentive at Crystal City Marriott.

• 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank David M
JT M, Manager at Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Good afternoon David M,

I want to not only thank you for having stayed with us recently as I know you have many choices when you travel, but I also want to sincerely apologize to you for the clear housekeeping problem you experienced. What you described is not how we operate and I have already shared your comments with all of the operational leaders of our hotel so that everyone may see how this impacted your stay.

Please know that we not only read all of the feedback we receive but we also act on everything we can as our goal is to continually improve our product and our service for all of our guests. So for taking the time to let us know about your experience, I thank you.

Again, I am very sorry that we did not meet the expectation you and I both have and I hope you will consider returning to give us another opportunity in the future.
Falls Church, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

We used to have 2 or 3 martinis for lunch when we worked in Crystal City. They were under $2 each. I don't know if that tradition lives on there but it was god while it did. It was available in the lobby bar.

Room Tip: Martinis for lunch.
Green Features: Who knows? After 3 martinis, I was ready to be recycled.
Hello ktfeeney,

The classic martini lunch indeed. Unfortunately the prices have changed but the classic drink has not. Stop by some time and let us know if the drink is still just as good as you remembered.
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

We just got back from staying at crystal city marriott, we stayed aug12-15.....We stayed here and to go and visit the sites in DC.....the location is great since right below there is a mall and the metro.....the people at the hotel are super friendly ....the only disappointed I stayed on the concierge floor......would not recommend ......pricey for what you are getting.......the breakfast was ok....not too many options........since the mall is down below and there are plenty of places to eat , would highly recommend worth the stay here but do not book the concierge floor......by the time you check out with all the taxes plus parking you are paying over $300.....not worth it.........Highly recomend taking the metro easy to get around and if you are staying more than two days , pick the pass dont buy as you go for the metro .......

• 2 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
JT M, Manager at Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Hello candi23,

I want to thank you for being with us recently and also apologize that you did not enjoy the Concierge floor and access to the lounge. We certainly want to provide as much as we can for those guests and I am sorry it did not live up to your expectation.

I also want to thank you for sharing your feedback about our location and our service. We certainly value our location and work very hard on our service so I was pleased to see you enjoyed those aspects of your stay. As for your comment about the METRO pass vs paying as you go, I could not agree more as that is certainly the way to do things if you are going to use the system to really explore D.C.

Thank you again and I do hope you will return to stay with us in the future.