“At a Metro Stop but not Near Tourist Attractions” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport

Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport
Ranked #21 of 51 Hotels in Arlington
Central Arizona, Arizona
“At a Metro Stop but not Near Tourist Attractions”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014

Went there for a business trip but not overly impressed. Free shuttle was full (twice) and ended up taking a Metro to the hotel. The Metro stop is directly attached to the hotel which would be a plus in inclement weather. There is a coffee shop in spacious lobby. Rooms were clean but nothing to rave about. Staff was not overly friendly or helpful. For a tourist there is nothing to see within walking distance so you'd have to take a Metro to get to the typical stops. The hotel's food is pricey but in the Metro stop there are other more affordable choices but they mainly shut down after the office workers leave for the day. There are also other nearby restaurants. Will be staying there again in June so we'll see if anything has changed.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Mark b
JT M, Manager at Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
As one of the members of the hotel's leadership that has read your review, I am sorry things did not go better. We cerainly work hard to provide a wonderful experience through our location, our product and our service for our guests and it sounds like we missed the mark.

I am glad that you are returning to stay with us in June and hope that you will find that visit to be more of the level we work towards. And in fact, if there is anything I can do to be of assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at jt.magee@marriott.com.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014

I haven't even gotten there yet but I wanted to say just booking my room and getting my payment straight has been excellent .I'm sure im not spelling this right but Lakeisha has been wonderful and so helpful just doing this part. If my stay is anything like the planning part I expect everything to be excellent . Will review again after my stay. Again she has been wonderful in assisting me. Thank you so much

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JT M, Manager at Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Good afternoon and thank you so much for this incredible review. In fact, it was so special that not only has Lakeysha seen it, but it has been shared all through our hotel. Thank you so very much for taking the time to share your feedback and I hope your stay was just as good as the planning stage.
Northern NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2014

A friend of ours suggested the Crystal City Marriott and it was a great choice. The people there were wonderful and the location is perfect for commuting into DC.

We were welcomed to the hotel by Malik at the front desk and he was wonderful - very friendly and welcoming. We had booked a concierge room. When I checked in, I requested a Executive Suite and Malik was kind enough to find one for us. This worked out well as my wife and I had a room to ourselves while the kids slept on the couch. The room was nicely setup with the extra touches (vases, centerpieces, 2 TV's, lots of seating) that you would expect in a suite.

While at the hotel, we thoroughly enjoyed the Concierge Lounge. They had scrambled eggs, bacon, bagels, bread, cereal, fruit, and yogurt for breakfast. In the evening, we had appetizers like chicken wings, nachos, beef wellington, cheese & crackers, and fruit, along with a reasonably priced honor bar. And the staff was friendly and helpful. For us, the concierge lounge took care of 1 1/2 meals every day, so the difference in cost was a wash. The one thing about the Concierge Lounge is that it is not open on Saturday so they give you coupons to eat breakfast in the regular restaurant on Saturday and Sunday. We had great service from Reuben for breakfast on Sunday.

As for the Bell20, the regular restaurant, we ate there Saturday night and had a wonderful meal. My kids split a wonderful Filet Mignon and my wife had the crabs cakes which were good also. They, also, brought out warm pretzel sticks as bread which were great.

Also, we spent every night in the pool which was a good way to wind down and the kids had a lot of fun. The only thing to be aware of is that the pool is only open from 6-9 AM and 5-11 PM.

The location of the Crystal City is ideal. It is about a 5 minute walk (underground) to the Metro station. We had picked up SmartTrip cards and all of trips over the 4 days worked well. The Metro system is well laid out and made it easy for us to visit all parts of the city.

Also, the Crystal City Marriott is located at Crystal City, which is a large mall complex, so you have lots of shops and restaurants to visit.

All in all, we had a wonderful trip to DC and the Crystal City Marriott really made it extra special.

Room Tip: The Concierge Lounge is excellent Try to get an executive suite. The pool was a lot of fun, but it...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Beercrazed
JT M, Manager at Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Thank you, thank you and thank you again for this fantastic review of our hotel. As you know, many people work very hard to provide the experience you described and I am so happy you had a wonderful time. Your comments about our service, the room, the location, the restaurant and the concierge lounge were great to read and I am so thankful you were with us.

Please know that I will make sure Malik and Reuben both hear about your experience and how they positively impacted your stay.

Thank you again and I sincerely hope you will stay with us again in the future.
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2014

This was my third visit to dc and have stayed at 4 different hotels, in different areas, including Chinatown, Dupont Circle, and Pentagon City. This was my favorite location so far. The metro station is attached to the hotel, and there is a whole underground shopping center. It was so convenient to get around on the yellow line! Also, the staff was very very good. Not only nice, but professional and efficient. They really did help me out a couple of times and seemed happy to do it. For instance: one lady at the front desk came and helped my print out my boarding pass when she saw I was having some problems, and did it with a smile. Also, when I went to claim my bags, the bellhop automatically said, "Do you need a taxi, or shuttle?" I didn't even have to ask! i know that might sound minor, but after all the places I have been, including a lot of 4/5 star hotels, that type of thing rarely happens now and is really appreciated. I would stay there on my next trip back for that reason alone.

Negatives: room is very sparse, really needs a table or something. Also, wi fi should be free. Period.

Food: I had a burger and fries one night at the restaurant, kind of late and it was good. The breakfast buffet was not good and over priced.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank pambr0
I want to thank you not only for having stayed with us, but also for taking the time to leave such a complete review. It was wonderful to read about our staff and their service, especially how your interaction with our Bellman made such an impact. I am sorry though for your cons and will make sure that the culinary and restaurant teams see your comments so that they too can learn how your stay was impacted by their work.

Thank you again and I certainly hope you will return in the future.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2014

When they say that check-in is 4pm, they mean AFTER 4pm. We had to wait for quite some time to get into our room, and the justification was that they offered a late check-out of 1pm. The sheet would not stay on the bed throughout the night which was very annoying for both of us. We expected more from a hotel that bears the Marriott name. It is attached to the metro so that is nice in cold or rainy weather. However, the metro is still quite a long walk from the hotel itself. Room was clean. Area seemed safe.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jcbishop
JT M, Manager at Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, April 12, 2014
I want to apologize to you for what sounds like a less then fantastic stay. I will be following up with our Front Desk and Housekeeping teams so that they too may hear your comments to identify and address the issues you described.

We certainly strive to provide a top notch stay, and as difficult as it is to hear when a guest was unhappy, it helps us identify where to focus our efforts. But again, I am sorry things did not go as smoothly as we certainly work towards.

I also want to thank you for having chosen to stay with us and I sincerely hope you will give us another opportunity to show you our true level of service in the future.
Mssachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

The hotel was perfectly nice. However, it was very frustrating that after waiting for a while at the hotel shuttle stand at the airport and having a marriott shuttle pass us by, I called and was told they don't pick up at the JetBlue terminal. How could I have known that? One of the reasons I picked the hotel was for the shuttle convenience. We ended up taking a taxi because we were in a hurry.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Laura G
Good morning and thank you for your feedback about your recent stay. I was happy to hear that your experience at our hotel was good but certainly disappointed to hear about your shuttle challenges and I am very sorry. I will be following up with the shuttle team as well as the hosts that answer our phones as the shuttle does pick up and drop off outside Terminal A.

Again, I am very sorry and can certainly understand how that did not set the tone for a perfect hotel experience. But I can assure you that I will use your feedback to make sure we improve for our future guests.
Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2014

We stayed here for two nights of site seeing in DC. The location is great because it is a short walk (indoors) to the Metro which you can use to see all the sites in DC. Shuttle service from DCA every 20 min. Lots of great restaurants within walking distance. The front desk staff was not particularly friendly or helpful upon check in, and did not (or could not) accommodate our request for a king room. The bell staff and shuttle drivers were very friendly. The room was updated but not the bathroom which seemed a bit odd but then, we were not in the room much anyway so yes I would stay here again because of the convenience factor.

Room Tip: The hallways are short. Ask for a room away from the elevator
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for not only staying with us but also for taking the time to share your review. I am pleased that you enjoyed yourself but concerned about your comments regarding our Front Desk as they certainly need to provide a friendly and helpful experience for our guests. I will be sharing your comments with them so that they can hear how you felt and use that to improve their performance.

Thank you again and I do hope you will stay with us again.