Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport
  • Restaurant
Americana Hotel(Arlington)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsthe concierge loungecrystal cityunderground walkwaymetro stationrite aidnice bathroomreagan national airportfree shuttledc areafront desk staffbit datedroom ratefitness centerblue lineconvenient locationbusiness centershuttle service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights while visiting Washington DC to see the sights. We had an enjoyable stay. Our room was spacious, neat, and clean. The bathroom was a little small but everything was in good shape and worked well. The hotel’s location was great. We used the underground tunnels to get to the Metro station, shops, and restaurants in Crystal City without ever having to go outside. Most of the shops close early at 7:00pm but the restaurants stay open late. The hotel charges for internet access but Crystal City offers free wireless internet downtown and we were able to easily pick up the signal from our east-side eleventh floor room. As a result, we had free internet the whole time without having to pay the hotel. We did pay for parking and we just left our car in the garage and took the Metro into DC. Our only complaint would be that our room had a door that connected to the adjoining room and we could easily hear our next door neighbors taking through the door. We had to put some pillows down by the bottom of the door to try and lower and the noise level. We also travel with a white noise sound machine which helps out a lot with noise anywhere we travel. Other than that it was a great stay, and we would probably stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose a east-side room for free wireless internet from downtown Crystal City.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank CDUB409
JT M, Manager at Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

I really appreciate you having stayed with us but also for taking the time to leave your feedback about your time in our hotel. It is clear that you were able to utilize one of our greatest attributes which is our location. Our proximity to many restuarants, the Crystal City Underground Shops and our underground direct connection to the METRO system.

I hope you do find the chance to stay with us again and on a side note, we do offer complimentary wireless in our lobby and public space on our Mezzanine level. We also have complimentary computers in our Business Center, Concierge Lounge and main lobby for our guests.

Thank you again and travel brilliantly.

Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

Let me tell you that I visit DC a lot and this is by far the best experience I have had at ANY of the hotels in or around the city.

My room was fantastic. Top floor overlooking South Bell St. and a really nice courtyard. Super super quiet room. Never heard any planes taking off as that was one of my main concerns with its close proximity to DCA. The beds were so comfy and I found it very hard to get out of it in the morning but I forced myself because there was so much to do and so much to see in this great city. But it was comforting knowning that the comfy bed was waiting when I got back from a long long day of sightseeing. Each room comes with its own fridge which is a plus. All you have to do is go to the RITE AID in the shops below the hotel and load up. The room was super clear. Bathroom spotless! House keeping was very good and very nice.

The lobby staff was top notch. Normal check in is 4pm but I was able to get into my room around 11am because my flight had arrived so early. I was able to have the hotel check my bags until my room was available which was within one hour of my arrival. Fantastic service!

Going to DC during winter months are so much fun but it can be down right cold. Well this hotel has got you covered in that dept with a fantastic indoor pool and hot tub. Ahhh.....that hot tub was great!

Like many, I like to keep in shape while I'm on vaca. Their fitness room was better than the gym I belong to back home. They even provide you with fresh towels and assorted fruit. Top notch!

The actual hotel is situated over the Crystal City Metro stop. All you have to do is take the elevator to the ground floor and there is a tunnel that will take you right to the metro stop. Don't even have to go outside in the cold! Can't beat that! The hotel is also situated right over the Crystal City Shops. You can get to these shops using the same tunnel you use for the metro. Now the shops are nothing that great but there are plenty of places to eat. Only downside is that Crystal City is a business area and therefore a lot of these eateries close up shop early. But it is still a great convenience.

The great thing about this hotel is the conveniences. With that said, one of the days it rained nearly all day. No problem. Go to the lower level, jump on the metro, go one stop and hit the Pentagon City Mall. Best thing.....you never have to go outside! Added plus! The other great thing about the mall is that many people are so set on staying in DC because they feel that taking the metro is going to take too long. Not so. Not only is it 3 stops from being in DC but it is much cheaper too. So keep that in mind when you are trying to look for your hotel while visiting our nations capital.

But in my opinion, one should not overlook this great hotel. If you do pass it up you will be missing out on the best one in town!

BRAVO Crystal City Marriott...and thank you JT for getting me that cereal bowl.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank kgaf99
JT M, Manager at Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Thank you, thank you and thank you again.

What a pleasure it was to not only meet you while you were here but to also now read your wonderful comments. We certainly strive to host all of our guests brilliantly and I am so happy you had such a wonderful experience at our hotel.

I do hope I get to see you and your morning cereal again soon. -J.T.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

Things were slow because of the holidays and the rates were phenomenal. The rooms were very nice and tastefully decorated. The bedding and pillows were excellent. Our biggest complaint was with the government commode that only uses about a pint of water per flush. It regularly took three or more flushes to get the job done. This was counterintuitive because the luxurious shower probably flowed over ten gallons per minute. The hotel is very convenient to Regan airport and there is excellent complimentary shuttle service. We'd stay here again.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank 04DTS

I am so happy to hear you were able to take advantage of the quiet time and the rate deals that are available. It is certainly a hotel that you can get some very good rates and still be close enough to D.C. via the METRO that it is worth it.

As for your comments on the toilet flush, I have not heard that before but I will have our Director of Engineering work with Housekeeping to make sure toilets are working properly and providing the adequate amount of water to do the job and still conserve.

Thank you very much for having been with us and please consider us the next time you are in the D.C. area.

Reviewed December 25, 2013

We've just returned from 4 night stay of this hotel. The location is a big plus - you don't need to go outside for the metro, you can take the elevator to the ground floor, then there is a nice indoor shopping center, 3 minutes and you're in the metro.
Gym was open 24/7, and there was a nice Jacuzzi in the pool (open until 8:00PM).

Room Tip: There is a public parking right next to the hotel. It seems free in the weekends and holidays.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DavidFirst

Thank you for having chosen to stay with us and thank you as well for the wonderful comments about your time at our hotel. I am so glad you were able to take advantage too of our pool and recently renovated health club. Yes, the health club being open 24/7 means you can always get in to work off any added calories from our restaurant or any of the local dining options.

Have a great new year and I hope we see you again.

Reviewed December 18, 2013

Clean. Convenient to metro and airport. Great shuttle service. My only complaint would be the employees who work in the coffee bar area. They were rude and spoke very little English. Fortunately there was a nice, clean grill across the street that had coffee and breakfast.

• Stayed: November 2013

I am so glad you liked our hotel for your recent stay and I truly appreciate your feedback regarding the communication challenge you experienced at our breakfast grab-and-go coffee area. We certainly embrace our company's diversity but it is important that all of our hosts be able to fully communicate with our guests. I will be speaking with our Senior Food & Beverage Manager to make sure we have the right people in the right roles to take care of our guests.

Thank you for staying with us and thank you again for your comments.