“Great Location”

Ranked #20 of 51 Hotels in Arlington
Joliet
“Great Location”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Crystal City Marriott is my preferred location when traveling in DC. It is one Metro station away from Reagan national Airport, so access is always quick and easy. Connecting to metro is quite easy, as you just take the hotel elevator to the underground mall..and walk to the station. never any weather issues. The hotel has on site pool, gym, restaurant, etc as one would expect and Marriott beds & bedding always seem so comfy. There are also numerous dining options located near the hotel. But again, in DC...if you are staying near a Metro station is a must. Staying immediately near one that serves both Yellow and Blue lines, makes this a perfect location, along with a cheaper price point as well, as it is located in Arlington, rather than DC itself.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank cjd851
JT M, Manager at Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
It is clear you have found some of the reasons that many guests come to stay with us over and over again. The service, the pool, the gym and our restaurant are all important aspects we deliver on but our accesability to the METRO and D.C. is second to none. Being able to get from the hotel to key places in D.C. without even going out in the elements is a great feature of us being physicallty connected to the METRO via the Crystal City Underground.

Thank you so much for having chosen to stay with us and I hope we will be able to host you again the next time you are in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
Owensboro, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed November 5, 2013

I stay at this hotel during a recent business trip. The Hotel was very clean, the rooms were great. The staff was amazing. This was my first time to the DC area and I really enjoyed the stay. The shuttle took me back and forth to the conference I attended. The staff was exceptional, they even left me a birthday card under the door. I interacted with staff member Seydi the most, she was awesome. the staff was very nice and accommodating. What a great experience to have on my first visit to the area. Definitely will stay here again the next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your wonderful comments. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and very thankful that you will be staying with us again the next time you are in the D.C. area.
Madison, Alabama
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We stayed for four nights and I must say it is really a great hotel. The staff across the board are wonderful. In particular the Bell20 bar was great for us. Most evenings we would hang out there watching games and talking, and the bartenders were great. We also very much enjoyed the food. Breakfast was great in the morning and the breakfast staff were fantastic. The rooms were very spacious and clean. Also, we absolutely loved the beds and pillows. Best I have seen at a Marriott property. As for location, it's pretty great. It's above the Crystal City Shops and the Metro, so you don't even have to go outside if it's bad weather to go shopping or hit the Metro to go anywhere in DC. We did a lot of city traveling, so that was perfect. We really enjoyed this hotel and intend to return when we get back to the DC area. Perfect location, great service, can't be beat.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
JT M, Manager at Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
After reading your kind words in your reveiw about our hotel, our service, our location and even our beds; all I can say is "thank you". What a pleasure it is to hear about your wonderful stay as what you experienced is exactly what we strive for with all of our guests.

We will certainly look forward to your return on your next visit.
North Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Came here on a business trip to the Pentagon. The hotel itself is clean with a nice lobby and helpful staff. It's a nice room but nothing luxurious or stand-out. There are a group of hotels in Crystal City surrounded by apartment buildings for government employees and contractors within easy reach of the Pentagon and the National Mall.

The central location is the best part of this hotel. You can get to the Metro from the basement floor. It's connected by a walkway to the Metro and the Crystal City shops (also underground) with a good selection of food. It's only a stop on the Metro to Reagan National though the courtesy van is more convenient if you have luggage. It's a couple Metro stops from Old Town Alexandria to the south and two stops from the Pentagon. Another 10 mins and you're at the Capitol.

Crystal City is also very walkable. I found a farmer's market behind the hotel and there's a park with a water feature for kids. Just for fun, I walked from the Pentagon to Pentagon City and back to the hotel for a total of no more than 2 miles. There's a rental bike service that my friend showed me but I didn't try that out this time.

The only big negative was the price. Staying a little farther out of town gets a much better price as you're paying for convenience and, more likely, the plethora of customers paying the ridiculously high government per diem rates. Don't know if I'd stay here on my own dime.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
I am so thankful not only that you stayed with us but also that you were able to go out and explore our area a bit. Yes, our location with the variety of restaurants, proximity to the Pentagon, connectin to the METRO and the Crystal City Underground all help make this a great place to stay. In addition, I see you found our seasonal farmer's market which a number of our guests enjoy when it is happening.

Also, if you do fnd yourself in our area again over a weekend or holiday, you can often get some very good rates, including somet that include breakfast at this hotel so I would encourage you to look at what specials may be running.

Thank you again and thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.
SW Ohio
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Very nice hotel. Staff went out of their way to be friendly, professional and courteous. There is a metro stop that connects thru the underground mall, or a courtesy shuttle to the airport which is only a couple minutes away.
the breakfast buffet in the restaurant is excellent, freshest fruit, salmon, omelets to order, and service very good.
we stayed on award credits so I cannot speak to the cost but everything else was great.

Room Tip: turn the fan down to low, it can be a bit noisy, and expect a very soft bed
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ejay6656
Thank you for having chosen our hotel to use your well-earned Marriott Rewards points. It is always special when guests select our hotel for such things.

Also, thank you for your feedback and kind words about our hosts, our location and about your experience in our restaurant, Bell20.

I hope we have the pleasure of having you stay with us again in the future.
long island new york
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Stayed in this hotel for the Marine Marathon, 2 miles from the finish line. This is a great family hotel, affordably priced and the location is terrific. If you fly into Reagan Airport, the hotel is 5 minutes by the Metro. Taking the Metro to the DC sites and for the marathon is easy.
We especially liked the staff. They are very professional and accommodating. Upon check in, they gave us directions around town and made excellent recommendations for dinner. They also showed us around the lobby and restaurant to look at the sitting areas for football sunday.
The rooms were clean and tasteful. The bed was especially comfortable and did not bother my back, a real plus.
Highly recommended for a weekend stay in DC and for the Marine Marthon.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
JT M, Manager at Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank you for staying with us over what is a very busy an very special weekend at our hotel. We have the pleasure of being able to host many guests and even a few running teams for the Marine Corps Marathon and is is a weekend we all really enjoy.

I would also like to thank you for sharing your experience about our hotel and mostly about our service. All of us here at the Crystal City Marriott work very hard to provide a brilliant experience for our guests and am pleased to know how much you enjoyed it.

Overall it sounds like it was a great hotel with the service and location to match. Add that in to the great weather we had this year for the race and it sounds like you had quite a wonderful weekend.

Thank you again and I hope we will see your for MCM 2014!
Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

Good location. Easy connect to Reagan Airport and the Metro. The rooms are large and pleasant. Just make sure your room's air conditioner works. Spent 3 nights, reported air conditioner problems 3 times. They did fix it each time, and offered to move me. But when it crashes at 3 am, you don't want to move. You want to sleep. One more thing, I was never told about evening refreshments or breakfast in the Concierge Lounge, and just found out when talking to another guest. Well worth a visit, and an extra reason to stay here again. I will just keep a closer eye on my air conditioner next time.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us and I am so sorry to hear about the air conditioner problems you had. Yes, I am glad our team was able to fix it but it should have only been fixed once and then not been an issue again so I am very concerned when I hear it was repeated. In fact, I will be making sure our Director of Engineering is aware of your experience so that his team may take appropriate action to prevent things like this from happening in the first place.

I do hope we will have the chance to make it up to you on a future stay and thank you also for taking the time to share your feedback.