WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport

Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport
Ranked #17 of 50 Hotels in Arlington
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Less professional than before”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

I've been staying at the Crystal City Marriott longer than many of the employees have been alive and have generally been pleased. Some of the trips have been for business and many for weekend get aways. It's hard to beat the central location on top of the Metro and room rates are typically half what they are in the city. My recent visit was an exception, I hope, from the usual stay.

Though the hotel didn't seem very full on Saturday night, we were less than thrilled with the room we received. Okay, I'm picky. I have a few favorite rooms which allow me to squeeze a little view out of an otherwise urban hotel. I always request them by number. None of those rooms seemed available through and we ended up in a room gazing at another building.

After dinner out, we decided to have a drink in the nicely renovated lobby lounge. I ordered a Glenlivite on the rocks and my wife a particular chardonnay. The server was wonderfully pleasant. She came back a few minutes later wondering just what a Glenlivite was. I located the bottle on the shelf and pointed her in its direction. She came back a few minutes later with the menu trying to figure out which wine I had ordered. Very nice person who was obviously pushed into a job with no training.

Overall not the type of relaxing weekend visit one would expect from a full service hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
JT M, Manager at Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Certainly I was concerned by the title of your review and I am so disappointed to read your comments about this recent stay with us. As you know from your previous stays, what you experienced is not how we operate and I can tell you that your comments regarding the server have not gone unheard. I will be personally discussing them with the manager and hosts of that team so that they can hear directly about how your stay was impacted by their service.

I am so sorry and I do hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future. I certainly take comments like this as a chance to improve how we do things and make for a better experience for the next guest and I hope you will have the chance to feel that.

Finally, I would like to thank you. Thank you for having chosen to stay with us repeatedly and thank you for taking the time to share this feedback. And in the future, please do not hesitate to email me directly (jt.magee@marriott.com) and I will do all I can to get you one of your "favorite rooms" if they are at all available.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Kalamazoo, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

The stay has been uneventful. The conference food has been fantastic. Hotel food and prices are not competitive with local restaurants and bars. You don't have to venture far for better.
For the room price and location, it could use some updating. It was clean and quiet. Nothing particularly bad, just not impressed.
Pool is cold and hot tub was old and so loud and annoying we left.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
I am sorry to hear that you left our hotel with less than a wonderful experience and I appreciate your feedback so that we can continue to improve our hotel and its services. For example, I will continue to have other local restaurants visited so we can compare our offerings as we certainly want to be appropriately priced, especially given the vast amount of options in our neighborhood. Furthermore, I will meet with our Engineering team to make sure that the pool temperature is correct as well as check the hot tub function.

Feedback such as this, while not what we strive for, is certainly key to our improvement and I genuinely thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience.
Vicksburg, Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

From the moment I walked in, the front desk made me feel welcome and was SO friendly. The management must pay strict attention to the small details because from the restaurant to the room it was a first class experience. Metro stop and mall accessible without ever having to go outside.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Emailrobert
JT M, Manager at Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
As a member of management, I can tell you, the attention to deal and the drive to provide a brilliant hosting experience is hotel wide. It is truly through every member of this team and it is because of that focus that we can provide the experience you had.

Thank you for sharing your comments and I truly hope you will stay with us again in the future.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

I stayed there recently and enjoyed the hotel. While not posh , it met my every need. The free shuttle from the airport was convenient and quick. I was very early but Deborah, the excellent front desk person, welcomed me, found me a nice quiet room right away. I really appreciated her humor and helpful attitude after a tough trip.

My room was large and quiet, great for getting some work done and refreshing myself. The breakfast buffet was fine. Not over the top or lavish but fresh and filling . The exercise area was okay... the equipment I used was a bit tired but okay. The concierge lounge was closed for the weekend, which was a little disappointing.

My room was large and had what I needed. Bathroom was clean and the water pressure was good. It is attached underground to the Metro via a five minute walk. You can also get food and many services there.

Convenient to DC and anywhere , it is a good value and location.

I will surely stay again .

• Stayed October 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for staying with us and thank you for taking the time to leave your comments about your visit. Yes, the complimentary shuttle to and from DCA as well as the hotel's location and conenction to the Crystal City Underground and Metro are great but your comment about Deborah really made me smile.

While all of us strive to provide top notch service, she is truly a star of this hotel and someone that strives to provide brilliant service at every interaction.

I do hope you will stay with us in the future and thank you again for your feedback.
Charleston, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for two months and the staff really made me feel like family. Special shout out to bartender Abby, concierge lounge employee AJ, and front desk employee Robert. They all made me feel like my business was truly appreciated. Only complaint was parking wasn't include despite me spending over 13k at once.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Usafloadc17
Thank you! Thank you! And thank you again for having been with us for so long and for your wonderful comments about our hosts and especially Abby, AJ and Robert. All of us work very hard to provide a brilliant experience for all of our guests and I was so happy to read your comments and hear about those three members of our team.

The next time you come back, please get in touch with me directly regarding your parking and I am sure I can help.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

Yerga, the bartender was amazing. Great personality, made drinks exactly how I asked and like them and was very attentive! I would recommend staying here for the bar alone, but everything was great! The room was clean, the food was good and the staff was great.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank jplayer30
Yirga is amazing.....I agree. She certainly "owns" her bar and makes sure that all of her guests are attended to.

Thank you so much for having chosen to stay with us and your comments will certainly be shared with Yirga and the entire restaurant team so that she may be properly recognized.
China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

I stayed there with my two sons and, as Marriott Platinum members, were treated well. They upgraded our room and gave us the breakfast buffet. The buffet was much simpler than I expected, but still good. The strange thing is they don't have bowls- just these large saucer plates that you use for everything- even cereal.

The pool was great for kids and there's even a hot tube beside it.

On our way out, we used a drink voucher for a cup of coffee at the lobby lounge and the server, Abby, was very friendly and helpful with my kids- she even mixed them up a special soda drink. It really made their day.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
It is always great to hear from our Platinum guests and I am pleased we provided a positive hotel experience for you and your sons. In addition, I will certainly make sure that Abby is recognized for providing such service as we all certainly strive to host our guests brilliantly.

Thank you again.