“Would stay again” 5 of 5 stars

Hot Summer Deal: 25% Off
Ranked #17 of 49 Hotels in Arlington
“Would stay again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Very nice, modern hotel. Everything in the room feels high quality. The shades, water taps, the soaps. Room is big. Window is big. TV connect panel easy to use. Just plug in and the system automatically switch from TV to external source. There is no input select on TV. Plenty of power outlets and all are in the ideal location. Access to metro right from the lower level.
Now the cons. The free internet is provided by crystal city and is unusable most of the time. Either can't connect or extremely slow. I Tried with 3 devices. All the same.
The shuttle driver who took us to the hotel from airport is the worst. Bad driving skill first of all. Very harsh and abrupt braking. also Unfriendly and cared only about money. One guy with a small luggage didn't tip. You could see the disgust and anger all on his face. Given that kindof driving and attitude I totally understand if someone doesn't want to tip.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank znd125

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
Chesapeake, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

My husband surprised me with a long weekend in Washington, DC. He chose the Marriott Crystal City because we had stayed there twenty years ago and knew there was an attached Metro station. What we didn't know is the personalized service we would experience. Almost without exception, staff members exceeded our expectations. Deborah greeted us with a genuine grace as though she was welcoming us into her own home. She surprised me with a deliciously decadent piece of birthday cake delivered to our room the second night we were there, helping my husband to ease me into my sixth decade. The bed was heavenly and the room, number 434, was sparkling clean. The breakfast was wonderful, including smoked salmon, made-to order omelettes and wonderful fresh fruit. Aster, the restaurant manager, was cordial and her staff seemed relaxed and happy and efficient. We had one evening meal at the bar and the pub-style food was great. I regret that we didn't get everyone's names, so we could mention them as well. The lobby has been renovated. The room decor was a little dated, but the service, comfort, convenience and cleanliness more than made up for it. There was a discrepancy between what was printed out on our reservation confirmation we received by email and what they had at the front desk, but they happily gave us the same thing we were promised through the central reservation service. There are some wonderful famous-chef restaurants in easy walking distance. We will be back.

Room Tip: I think the key here would be to consult the very- helpful staff.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank UltraClassic
JT M, Manager at Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share the comments regarding your recent stay with us. Needless to say I was thrilled to read how our associates, especially Deborah, impacted your stay and made a difference. At the end of the day, our service is really the main thing we can directly impact and I am pleased you experienced our sincere, "personalized service". That is truly what we strive for each and every day.
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Flight go into DC at 10PM, told cab driver the name of the Hotel and he proceeded to bring us to the Crystal Gateway Marriott with is a half a mile from the Crystal City Marriott. They told us this happens a lot so make sure you get dropped off at the right location. Rooms was clean and has all of the amenities you would expect from a Marriott. We had reserved a "concierge level" room when we made the reservation however when we checked into the hotel they told us that therre was not a floor level but it just gave you access to the louge which is on the mezzanine level. We made the reservation using a AAA discount and the concierge upgrade was only $3 more a night, well worth it because the concierge lounge has a full free breakfast buffett every morning and deserts and hors d'oeuvres in the evening. It was easy to get a taxi and to get to the metro, good restraurants nearby as well. And the bed was very soft and I have to have a soft bed to sleep well.

Room Tip: Get the Concierge level for free breakfast buffet and free desert and hors d'oeuvres in the even...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

My first impression of the hotel was very nice. The hotel is nice and big. The staff was very helpful giving directions where to take the elevators.

I got into the hotel a little past midnight so I wanted to sleep in. Around 7ish I was awaken by a random phone call. Then around 8, the doors stated to slammed (probably some people checking out). However it continuous until past 9am and it keep constantly until 10a. I finally got up and decided to look out my door. First , guest were checking out. Second, the room attendant was cleaning the room next to mine. Third, the doors didn't har installed the mechanism that slow the closing process. Every single door gets slammed and makes a lot of noise. Also the walls are paper thin. I can hear a normal conversation outside my door and walls.

In the plus side, this hotel has a great location near restaurants, metro and shopping. It has a small pool but very tropical. The rooms are generous in size

Not quite sure, but I like to get my sleep in the morning and not being waken up by doors slamming all day long

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank CecibelB
Miami, FL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

When you look for hotels, you look at the amenities and location as well as peer reviews to ensure your experience is satisfactory. The Marriott Crystal City has a great location (near metro and airport), very attentive staff and very clean rooms. However, the most basic expectation you have in a hotel is to have a good night's sleep. Well, the beds in my room were sagging so much that it was like a slept in a hammock. What is worse, I am an Elite member and stayed at the club level paying over $300 per night. With that type of money, they can certainly afford a better mattress. After walking for miles through the DC tourist spots, the last thing you need is this type of bed at night. I did not eat at the restaurant, but ate breakfast at the concierge lounge. The potatoes tasted like mushy cartons with a hint of potato flavoring (did not try the scrambled eggs, but the limited variety of pastries were comparable to club level breakfasts at other chains). .

Room Tip: Ask for a room without a saggy mattress.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

This Marriott is comfortable and clean though the rooms could use updating. While it is not within walking distance to key DC landmarks, it is connected to the Crystal City metro station so it is a quick (3 minutes) and inexpensive ride to DC hot spots like The National Mall.

Pros: Very nice and modern fitness center (if only the rooms felt as fresh), surprisingly convenient location, pleasant customer service, reasonable room rate compared to other DC area Marriott brand hotels.

Cons: Room decor feels very outdated, the nightly food offerings in the Concierge Lounge are not good (comfortable layout though with a variety of seating).

Special note: Upon check-in, the Marriott representative said she would add points to my Marriott Rewards account, which was an unnecessary but very nice gesture. Unfortunately, the points never did show up in my account.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for having stayed with us and thank you for your comments. Yes, while we have recently renovated our lobby, dining, health club, meeting space and concierge lounge, the next on the list will be tackling the guest rooms. In addition, I wanted to let you know that I have met with our Executive Chef who is working to continually improve our Concierge Lounge offerings as we want to do all we can to keep it new and varried for our guests.

On a final note, please feel free to contact me directly if you have not received those points as I can assist in resolving that for you.

Thank you again.
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Stayed a week at this Marriott in late March 2012. I had family fly in to Reagan National. The airport is literally 2 minutes away.
The hotel is very nice. The staff were wonderful. The rooms are big, clean, and comfortable. The beds are so soft, you want to fall asleep as soon as you hit the pillow. The maid service is great. There is a large pool for the family.
The best thing about this hotel is the location. It sits over an underground mall with many shops, restaurants, and stores. The Washington Metro has a stop here, Crystal City. Right below the hotel! It's only 10 minutes on the Metro yellow line to downtown DC. Arlington National Cemetery is only 3 stops away on the blue line. 10 minutes in the other direction is the colonial city of Alexandria, VA. You could spend an entire day walking down King St. with the many shops, salons, pubs, & boutiques. Mount Vernon is a short drive away.
There are many places around the hotel to eat so, you won't go hungry.
The parking is $25 a day but, you have the convenience of coming and going as you please.
When I get back to the Washington area, I'll definitely be staying here again!

• Stayed March 2013