“Love This Place”

Ranked #18 of 51 Hotels in Arlington
Venice, Florida
“Love This Place”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I always look forward to a visit here , no negatives what so ever typical Marriott clean , well run , secure , great location.

Metro downstairs make visits to The Pentagon a breeze , taxis out front standing by 24/7.

The shops below are great and the grocery store on your left after leaving the tunnel puts out a huge spread of homemade soups , etc for lunch that tastes like grandma used to make , to go only easy to carry back to your room.

Room Tip: I always stay on the Platinum floor with access to the Honor Bar etc.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Snogoer
JT M, Manager at Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you for your comments and thank you very much for choosing our hotel. Being a Marriott Elite Platinum member I know you have a lot of choices and I am thankful you stayed with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I stayed at this hotel over the past weekend and was very happy with the housekeeping services and front desk - however it was off set by the service I received when I went to the pool. The lifeguard was sitting on a laptop or talking on the phone while there were a lot of kids at the pool - or in the pool area. Very discouraging when the rest of the hotel staff did so well.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank susan b
Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 4 nights due to business. Good location in Arlington with metro and shops underneath hotel. Room was great, very comfortable bed!!! Restaurant downstairs very good and choice of food market, restaurants at the garage level. Would recommend without a doubt. Free shuttle to Reagan as well. Nice pool and gym a plus.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Joan W
Simply put, thank you for your comments. It is clear you got to experience some of the best parts of our hotel; our service, location and even our new health club....not to mention our large indoor pool.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and I hope we have the pleasure of having you stay with us again in the future.
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

I lucked up and got this hotel for three nights (Friday - Sunday) for only $89 a night, which I thought was a steal. You can't be the location of this hotel, it connects to the underground shops and the Crystal City Metro (which is awesome if you are trying to avoid the 20 degree weather outside in March!). It was a very easy drive from Baltimore to this hotel. The hotel does sit on the left side of the road you turn on to access it, and there is a median in the road, so you will have to make a U-turn at the next light to come back up to be able to park.

Deborah at the front desk was very friendly, welcomed us with a smile. She was very informative, gave us several maps and list of close restaurants. I could not have asked for better service.

The room was great, had a "orange" scent to it, that was nice, but not overpowering. The beds were soft and very comfortable. I almost wanted to take on of the pillows home because it was so soft. I will say that I am six-foot four, and my feet did hang off the Queen bed, but I've come to expect that in most hotels.

There is a "store" in the Lobby of the hotel that sells soft drinks, juices, souvenirs, and some other odds and ends, just of course be prepared to pay about $5 for a 20 oz soft drink and a small bag of chips. You will also find a restaurant on the Lobby floor of the hotel, we did not eat there so I cannot comment on it.

Parking will set you back about $24 a day with in and out privileges. However, once I parked my car I never moved it, because the Metro was so easily accessible.

The only complaint I have with this hotel is that it does not have free Wi-Fi. If I remember correctly it was 12.95 for a 24 hour access period. It's 2013, even fast food places offer free Wi-Fi. Other than that, this hotel was great and I will probably stay here again when I go back to DC.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
JT M, Manager at Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay and most importantly, your comments about Deborah. She is truly a gem of this hotel and is a true ambassador of us. I am thrilled you were able to interact with her.

I also appreciate your comments about the rest of the hotel and to let you know, while we do charge for wifi in the guest rooms (except Marriott Reward Platinum and Gold members that receive it complimentary), we do offer complimentary wifi in our lobby as well as on our free business center and lobby computers.

I do hope we have the chance to have you with us again and yes, being literally connected to the Crystal City Underground and access to the METRO is a great asset of this hotel.
Miami, Florida
Reviewed March 4, 2013

On a recent trip to Washington D.C where I flew into Reagan National (DCA), I was pleasantly surprised to get a nice hotel room for under $80 per night (booked online).

Located about a ten minute shuttle bus ride from the DCA, The Courtyard By Marriott is an affordable and excellent choice when visiting the Washington D.C area.

A spacious and nicely decorated lounge with a Starbucks and Cafe along with a friendly staff made my brief stay a pleasant one.

Add a comfortable bed in a large room with no access code free Wi-Fi and free use of the Business Center, The Courtyard By Marriott at this price is a win-win you cannot go wrong option.

A 24hr CVS and Mcdonalds are within walking distance along with numerous restaurants and car rental agencies.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Indiana
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I just spent two nights here and liked it so well, I plan to switch to this hotel any time I travel to DC.
Here's what I liked:
+ rates were just over $200per night. This is a bargain for DC especially considering how close to Reagan and downtown it is.
+ convenient location near restaurants, shopping, and the CC Metro stop.
+ free shuttle to/from Reagan and Metro (in case the weather is too bad to walk).
+ fitness center is decent. There are about 8 cardio machines, a universal, and free weights.
Here's what I did not like:
- room service was a little on the expensive side. Thirty bucks for a shrimp dinner.
- this is minor, but there is construction going on right now. It can get a little loud during the day. Again, not a big deal.

Overall, I'd recommend this for both business travelers and families. It's a great location to start your sightseeing As well as work day.
I'll be back.

Room Tip: Call for the shuttle to pick you up from the airport. There's a great burrito place right arou...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Staying in Crystal City you have several choices for hotels. We stayed in two, the Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport and the Sheraton Crystal City hotel. Here is a comparison:

Check-in and Room Assignment. My husband is a long-time Platinum Marriott member, and we usually score some good perks. Not at this Marriott. We booked and paid for a concierge level room, but we would put on a middle level, near the elevator and with a connecting room. At the Sheraton, we have a low-level membership, yet we were placed on the concierge level.

Rooms. The rooms were comparable. Both were nicely furnished with marble bathrooms and high quality amenities. They were comparable in size. The Sheraton bed was much more comfortable, and the room was much quieter – the quality of sleep was better at Sheraton.

Location. Both hotels offered free airport shuttles. The Sheraton provided a more professional level of service. Both hotels are located right next to the Crystal City subway stop and restaurants.

Other. Both hotels had very nice, recently renovated lobbies and good business centers. We had excellent service at both hotels. The price for both hotels was about the same. We were disappointed at the Marriott because we booked a concierge level room on Friday and the lounge is closed Friday night/Saturday morning and we were placed in a concierge level room. Note: the room rate was $199 under the rates for standard rooms and $119 under the package rates which included breakfast for two.

Bottom line: Both hotels are so similar, I would select by price and your preferred hotel membership.

Room Tip: Make sure you don't get a room with a connecting door to the next room...so noisy!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple