“Good location for a great vacation!”

Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport
Ranked #20 of 52 Hotels in Arlington
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Staying in Crystal City you have several choices for hotels. We stayed in two, the Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport and the Sheraton Crystal City hotel. Here is a comparison:

Check-in and Room Assignment. My husband is a long-time Platinum Marriott member, and we usually score some good perks. Not at this Marriott. We booked and paid for a concierge level room, but we would put on a middle level, near the elevator and with a connecting room. At the Sheraton, we have a low-level membership, yet we were placed on the concierge level.

Rooms. The rooms were comparable. Both were nicely furnished with marble bathrooms and high quality amenities. They were comparable in size. The Sheraton bed was much more comfortable, and the room was much quieter – the quality of sleep was better at Sheraton.

Location. Both hotels offered free airport shuttles. The Sheraton provided a more professional level of service. Both hotels are located right next to the Crystal City subway stop and restaurants.

Other. Both hotels had very nice, recently renovated lobbies and good business centers. We had excellent service at both hotels. The price for both hotels was about the same. We were disappointed at the Marriott because we booked a concierge level room on Friday and the lounge is closed Friday night/Saturday morning and we were placed in a concierge level room. Note: the room rate was $199 under the rates for standard rooms and $119 under the package rates which included breakfast for two.

Bottom line: Both hotels are so similar, I would select by price and your preferred hotel membership.

Room Tip: Make sure you don't get a room with a connecting door to the next room...so noisy!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 22, 2013

I stayed here for a weekend getaway, and I have to say that this is one of the best hotels I've stayed in!

For starters, this hotel is located right on top of the Crystal City Metro Station (Blue and Yellow lines - one stop away from National Airport), and is connected via an underground passageway. This same passageway will connect you to several places where you can grab a quick bite to eat, pick up a few souveniers, etc. It's also a very secure environment; the underground entrance to the hotel is locked every night at 7:00pm,and the side entrance is locked nightly at 11:00pm. Once locked, you need a room key to enter.

This Marriott also has some of the most professional staff I've met. From the front desk staff to the security officers to the housekeepers, everyone greeted me with a smile, a friendly hello - they truly were interested in your well being.

The room that I was given was very comfortable (think plush bed that you can simply melt in), very clean and very cozy. The room was a bit larger than I anticipated; it reminded me of a studio apartment minus the kitchen. I did not get a chance to try out the lobby bar or the restaurant, however I did have an opportunity to get some late night candy bars and soda from the lobby pantry, and the prices were reasonable.

The only thing is that unless you have Marriott Rewards status, you will have to pay for WiFi.

This was an absolute five-star stay, and the next time I am in the DC area, I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
JT M, Manager at Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Thank you for your great comments about our hotel and our staff. All of us work very hard to provide a great experience for all of our guests and I am thrilled to hear that you will stay with us the next time you are in the area.

And while you are correct that wifi in the rooms is only free for Marriott Rewards Platinum and Gold members, we do offer complimentary wifi in our lobby as well as complimentary computers with internet access in our lobby and business center.

Thank you again!

Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here during the Good Friday week and we had a blast Love this Marriott I used my marriott rewards to stay in this hotel and it was all worth using for entrance for the hotel is beautiful there's a mall/ restaurants on the bottom of the hotel then the DC metro also. Perfect stay for Washington DC

• Stayed: April 2012
JT M, Manager at Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

I know you work hard and travel a lot to earn those Marriott Reward points and the fact that you chose to use them to stay with us is a responsibility we do not take lightly. We greatly appreciate anytime our Reward members are with us but using those points means we really need to make it a good stay.

Thank you for being with us!

Reviewed February 5, 2013

My husband and I spent two evenings at this hotel over the January 25 th weekend. We arrived at the hotel using the shuttle from the airport. The driver was very accommodating and friendly.
We had a late night meal in the bar restaurant and the waiter was delightful his recommendation of the shrimp and crab fritters hit the spot for me. My husband had a delicious club sandwich.
Our room was well appointed and the king size bed was very comfortable.
In the morning we had the breakfast buffet. My husband had the All American breakfast with eggs, bacon, hashbrowns toast and coffee. Both of us had a selection of the fine fresh fruit and I the starter breakfast of orange juice, kashi cereal and coffee. Our waiter was very friendly and efficient.
We would recommend this hotel. We used a taxi to get to the memorial service at St Albans and found it to be quick and easy.
All in all a pleasant stay in the north having left from Sarasota.

Room Tip: We had a king size bed on the top floor but since the hotel was recently renovated all of the rooms...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Virginia G

I always enjoy hearing about what guests ate while they were with us and I can tell you that the shrimp and crab fritters are something our Executive Chef fought for to get on the menu when we opened BELL20. Everyone who tries them loves them!

Thank you for the wonderful comments and I am thankful you chose our hotel. Please stay with us again the next time you are in the D.C. area so we can make sure to get you more of those fritters.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

While my personal preference would be to stay in downtown dc, this option is one of the better places in the Arlington area. The rooms were nice, big, and clean. The bar was fun, and the concierge room was nice.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank gjnbln
Reviewed February 4, 2013

The information provided below was provided to Marriott Customer Care.

Marriott lived up to it's reputation of excellence as my stay at the Crystal City Marriott was perfect. The general manager, Crystal Christmas-Watson was the best ambassador for Marriott that I have ever met. Her knowledge as a general manager was exhibited hourly as she was visible throughout the hotel property from the front end, to the dinning room, bar, other common areas as well as the concierge's lounge. Crystal's staff, to a person, exhibited those same qualities of excellence. The front office manager, Corky V. Garcia along with guest service representatives, Jenny Seo, Deborah Norbert-Guzman, Tenesia Burch, and Sheena Gilliard were always available with a smile to make my stay as well as others pleasurable. Additionally, Eddie Perez, housekeeping, Abby, at the bar, and Arthur Williams, loss prevention, provided excellent service.

I have to give this general manager and staff a 10+. As one who expects quality, this staff far exceeded my expectations. This was a high capacity weekend for this property and one of significance. This staff "nailed it."

Marriott Crystal City at Regan Int. will be my choice the next time I visit D.C. and surrounding area. The convenience of flying into Regan National, free airport shuttle, the proximity of the metro station, excellent restaurants near by, hotel's size and service make this a great choice for visiting the nations capitol for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: Sixth floor and above. Corner room or end of the hall. Request floor where there are no groups if...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

First of all, thank you for having chosen to stay with us. That was certainly a busy but historic time for all of us and I appreciate that you were here.

Secondly, thank you for such wonderful feedback. The fact that you recognized all of those hard working people by name means a lot and I can tell you they have been additionally recognized within the hotel for your comments.

As I have mentioned in other replies, service is the one thing we can truly influence each and everyday in this business. And I can tell you that the team here at this hotel works very hard to provide that level of service you enjoyed.

Thank you again and I do hope we have the pleasure of having you stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Washington was a quick stop for us on the way to Atlantic city and the shore. As we have never been in this hotel chain before and spent 5 days in tiny hostel room in NY, this was like finding the treasure at the end of the rainbow :). We went to DC for sightseeing tour and it was very difficult for us to leave that comfy bed every morning. Don't hesitate to try something from menu in the restaurant near lobby. Chicken soup was fine and burgers aren't bad either. I didn't have a chance to go to the swimming pool, what a pity. Access to hotel is very easy. We took subway from Union bus station and have no problem with finding the hotel. You don't have to leave the subway at all.
If you are looking for the car rental, it's in the walking distance.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple