“Clean, convenient, nice room” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport

Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport
Ranked #23 of 51 Hotels in Arlington
Colorado
“Clean, convenient, nice room”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2012

I like Marriott hotels in general, and this one was very nice. It is within walking distance (indoors) of the Crystal City Metro stop, which is a BIG selling point for me. The beds are comfortable, the room was very clean and quiet (very important), and there is a free shuttle from Reagan National Airport three times per hour.

Everyone was very friendly, the front desk people were quick and efficient, and the staff in the bar downstairs were attentive and very friendly.

The bathtub was one of the best - very deep and comfortable. That might seem like a minor point (and it is), but after a very long day - it was great!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2012

Stayed for two nights for a quick tour of DC. Great location with access to metro from hotel. Comfortable beds. Clean room. Friendly, helpful staff. Will stay again when in the area.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank ABak888
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2012

This is a nice place to stay, pretty swimming pool, great customer service, very close to the metro, only one stop from Reagan National Airport but not an "airport hotel." I felt like customer service was lacking overall in D.C., but not at this Marriott. Staff were very helpful with special requests and kind to my children. One night there was free ice cream in the lobby - nice after a hot day sightseeing. We had dinner at the Mez restaurant, and the server was very accommodating when our plans changed and we realized we needed our food in a hurry. The breakfast was good, but I would have appreciated it if they changed the offerings a bit more from day to day. Overall a very pleasant experience. I really like the big fluffy down comforters they use at Marriott.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2012

Stayed here on a Friday and Saturday night in June 2012 while touring D.C. Very convenient and easy access to the metro. All of the hotel staff we encountered, particulary the front desk, were very friendly and helpful. We upgraded our reservation to include breakfast which was definitely worth it. The breakfast was delicious, however, both days we had to wait too long to be seated in a restuarant that had tables available. Pool was a little dissapointing as it looked bigger and nicer in the photos on line, but it was clean with fresh towels, and there was an attendant on duty both times we went to the pool. Our room was fine, but nothing special. The bathroom was very small, but nice.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2012

Customer service was great, all staff very friendly and helpful. Location very good, you can use the Metro and go anywhere. The bed was very comfortable and room very clean and we even have a mini refrigerator.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are larger
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank skyandearth
JT M, Manager at Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, June 9, 2012
This is exactly what we strive for at this hotel...great service, a great facility and a great location. Thank you for having stayed with us and I hope we have the pleasure of having you stay with us again in the future.
Tyler, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2012

I actually thought the room at the hotel was very nice. This is a large hotel with many floors. Make sure you know which elevator to get upon. The hotel was close to the subway and underground mall, making it easy to go into DC. Lots of food courts around the hotel. The only complaint that I had is having to wait several hours to get into my room. The hotel was booked for a convention and sold out. I did try the food in the restaurant and it was good (had the salad, made to order with chicken). You can walk down the street to an older area of town with lots of local food joints and a CVS pharmacy, as well. I had a great time here and would stay again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank jadocz
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2012

When arriving late at midnight for a very early flight out of Reagan, I had no room reservation. The front desk was outstanding in finding something that worked for me (the mom) and my 20 year old son. LOVED LOVED LOVED the easily accessible electrical outlets since we had so many gizmos that needed to be recharged. Check out time (1:00 PM) was so indulgent and exactly fitted my needs, since I had to sleep after dropping my son at Reagan at 4:30 AM. Since the staff was so obliging on pulling the rabbit out of the hat to find a suitable room, I was not inclined to complain about the clean but stained sheets on one of the beds. It was trivial compared to the overall hospitality at the moment of my urgent need.

As well, I may be in the minority, but I very much liked the unbundled pricing. You could decide on your own needs and did not have to pay for things you did not need or could not take advantage of like wi-fi ($12 daily), breakfast (sep. charge), and car parking (sep. charge.) In this odd circumstance, this was just perfect for me. What I needed was a pleasant and secure place for my son to sleep for three hours before his flight to China; a facility close to Reagan; and a place where I could comfortably sleep after dropping him off at the airport curb. A perfect match.

Thank you to the night staff and the friendly afternoon staff at the front desk when I departed.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family