“Nice but noisy AC” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 50 Hotels in Arlington
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Nice but noisy AC”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

We've stayed at the Crystal City Marriott off and on for 30 years. It is convenient to the Metro and there are lots of places within walking distance to eat. The lobby has been recently renovated and the rooms not too long ago. The hotel has a smaller and cozier feel than some of the hotels in the area.

My only objection is the ac/heater in the rooms are louder than most high end hotels.

Room Tip: Get a room away from Route 1 which is noisy all night.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012 via mobile

Really great staff! They were super helpful. Also great breakfast Buffett and lobby (recently renovated). However the rooms are a bit stale and definitely need new beds. Priced nicely and when compared to the Crystal City Courtyard,I paid the ashamed rate but liked this Hotel much more.

Stayed April 2012
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

Lobby area was nice as it has been updated recently. The life guard was very helpful and kind to our daughter (3 years old). Concierge lounge staff was outstanding!!

Room was clean enough but a little tired compared to other full service Marriotts I've used.

Restaurant staff was a little pushy. I told the waiter that we were waiting for two people in the rest room and he continued to keep asking us if we were ready (No less than three times) until they arrived.

Parking was a fortune...$24 a day is a bit steep especially if you're a paying hotel guest.

Overall it was just an OK property

Room Tip: Ask for an end of the hall room. My understanding is that they are larger.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
JT M, Manager at Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, April 20, 2012
Thank you for the comments on our lobby renovation...we are very happy with how it has all turned out too. In fact, we have also recently opened a larger and newly equipped health club on our Mezzanine level right next door to our indoor pool.

I will be sharing your comments about our server being pushy in the restaurant as that is certainly not the experience we train and exect our servers to provide. In fact, we have been receiving high ranking service scores in our restaurant and are working to even further enhance the service provided. One change is that we are rolling out a new Express Lunch Menu for those working in the area or tight on time. But nobody should ever feel rushed or have pushy service so I am very sorry you felt that.

And while we do charge for parking like many of the hotels around us, we do offer rate packages for weekends and groups that sometimes include free parking.
Minneapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

We arrived on a late night flight into Reagan Airport and had an easy ride on the Metro (too late for the hotel shuttle) which connects to an indoor tunnel to the hotel. We were delighted with our stay. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful, the room was spacious, well decorated, VERY QUIET (you'd never know you were close to an airport), beautifully clean and sooo comfortable. A great place to stay while visiting DC. We left early in the morning, too early for Metro on a Saturday morning, but the first shuttle of the morning at 5:05 am got us to the airport in plenty of time. Check their shuttle hours, as well as the Metro hours if you are leaving or arriving very early or very late. It worked perfectly for us, but might me a problem for some.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and I am so happy you had a good stay. For the next time you visit, we are awaiting a new fleet of larger shuttles which will make getting to and from DCA even easier.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here on a quick weekend in the city and were very pleased. The staff was friendly and quick with recommendations. My girlfriend wanted to take the bed home with us! The short walk to the Metro under the hotel is a big plus. Would certainly consider staying here again when I find myself in Northern Virginia.

Stayed November 2011
Campbell, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

I was impressed with the look of their lobby and common areas. The lounge was a nice feature as well. Rooms were neat and well decorated. Great place to stay when you are in DC. Having shuttle service to Reagan Airport was an added benefit as well.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
JT M, Manager at Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, April 3, 2012
Thank you for your comments on our renovation...we are so happy with how everything is coming together. From the new lobby, bar and our new restaurant BELL20 to our new meeting space, completely new and updated health club and our new Concierge Lounge that is on the verge of opening; we are so excited about our hotel and what we have to offer to our guests.

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and I truly hope you will have the opportunity to return and stay with us again.
Scarsdale, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

I stayed here one night during Rock n Roll marathon weekend in March.

The location is terrific, connected to Crystal City, with plenty of restaurants, shops, and a Rite-Aid in the area. It's also connected to the Crystal City metro stop. (There are two Marriotts in Crystal City - both are connected to the Metro, but this is the one up the escalator to the left.)

I had a King bed room on a high floor. The room was larger than I expected for a DC area hotel. Clean room, workdesk with outlets, armchair with ottoman, soft bed, six pillows, full bathtub in bathroom, nice fixtures! No complaints!

What really impressed me about this place was the staff. I was distressed that I had accidentally left my jacket in the hotel room, and only noticed it and called a day later. The desk and housekeeping staff went above and beyond to track it down, the desk worker Debra especially! Their thoughtfulness improved my mood for the rest of my trip.

The next time I return to DC, I would happily stay at this hotel again!

Room Tip: Reccommend a high room to allay highway noise. The hotel is on Jefferson Davis Highway, but if you...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank PopcornFlying
Thank you for staying with us over the Rock-n-Roll Marathon weekend and I really appreciate your kind words. I am so happy that you liked your room and the hotel but what makes me proudest are your comments about our staff and their service. Everyone at this hotel works hard to provide a great service experience and I am thrilled you were able to enjoy it.

Hope we see you again for another race!

PS - I am very glad you got your jacket back.