1. Location: You didn't need to go outside to get to the Metro stop; the Crystal City Metro is located on the Blue and Yellow lines. This was great after a long day; you could take the elevator from the Metro level all the way to the room (Don't worry about random people being allowed into the hotel - you need a room key to access the elevators from 7 PM to 7 AM).
The Crystal City area is also great if you visit Washington during the weekday; there are many great restaurants that are open that cater to the business clientele of Crystal City.
2. Rooms: Very clean, the beds were comfortable, the air conditioning worked very well
3. Lobby: very sleek and modern (even though it's a bit small)
4. Service in the lobby: Although there was no concierge, the front desk staff was very helpful with directions, airport information, and luggage information.
5. Price: for just $119, we received breakfast for two, free wi-fi, and a late checkout of 2 PM.
1. Breakfast: although the breakfast was included in the room rate, you had to use the buffet breakfast. The buffet was not very good; the hot food was somewhat cold and the cereals, breads, fruit, etc. did not seem fresh. Furthermore, the wait staff at the restaurant downstairs were rude.
2. Airport shuttle: on the way to the airport, the hotel has to stop at 3-4 other Marriott property hotels in the area. This was not announced to us, and we had to rush to catch our flight. The shuttles run every 20 minutes.
3. Lack of shops in Crystal City: they advertise Crystal City as a wonderful shopping hub; however, it is just an indoor strip mall. There are a lot of doctor's offices and beauty salons, but not mainstream retail stores like in Pentagon City.
4. Lack of a bathroom on the lobby floor: There was no bathroom on the lobby floor; instead, you had to take the elevator to the conference/mezzanine floor to use the restrooms, which was a bit annoying.
5. Lack of Metro service on weekends: Although this is not the hotel's fault, it certainly influences where one should stay. During the weekends, the metro trains to and from the DC suburbs are much more limited, so choose your Washington DC Marriott hotel wisely.
TO SUM UP...
If you are a business traveler in Crystal City for the week, a family who is looking for an affordable hotel close to Washington DC, or someone who does not mind sacrificing quite a bit to save some cash, then the Crystal City Marriott is for you. This hotel is not good for weekend travelers or travelers who need to reach Washington DC quickly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy style and substance at Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport. Our hotel is conveniently located in Arlington, VA - near the attractions of downtown Washington, as well as shopping at Pentagon City. We're also a short walk from the Crystal City Metro station. Our well-appointed rooms and suites are ready to meet the needs of today's travelers, with wired and wireless Internet, Marriott's Plug-In technology panels, and evening turndown service. Soundproof windows and deluxe bedding in every hotel room ensure a peaceful night's sleep here in Arlington. Hosting an event in Northern Virginia? Our hotel features almost 10,000 square feet of meeting space, including the delightful Potomac Ballroom, which can accommodate up to 400 guests. Last but not least, our knowledgeable and intuitive staff is on hand to assist you with anything you might need during your Arlington, VA visit. Book your stay at the Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport, and enjoy an innovative blend of work and play. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Marriott, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crystal City Marriott At Reagan National Airport Hotel Arlington
- Marriott Arlington
- Arlington Marriott