“More than I expected for brunch”
Review of Extra Virgin - CLOSED

Extra Virgin
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Quincy St.
Transit: Served by Metro Bus connecting to nearby Pentagon City and Crystal City metro stations. Bicyclists can get in and out of Shirlington via the W&OD Trail, the Mt. Vernon Trail, and the Four Mile Run Trail, and use on-street trails and bike lanes within the neighborhood. Taxis - Blue Top Cab, Red Top Cab.
Description: Extra Virgin specializes in modern Italian cuisine, encompassing characteristics of various regions of Italy and enhanced by the artistry and imaginative creativity of Executive Chef Scott Jenkins. Extra Virgin brings a touch of casual elegance to Shirlington Village, with sophisticated contemporary decor complimented by an energetic, comfortable ambiance. New Lunch Specials $8 - $12, Monday-Friday from 11:30am - 2pm. Happy Hour Monday-Friday from 3-7pm in our lounge or bar. Great bar menu items for $5 during Happy Hour! Special drink prices: $2.50 (Miller Lite & Yuengling), $3.50 (Sam Season, Sierra Nevada, Blue Moon), and $3.50 for Rail Drinks. House Red, Sangria or White Wine for $5.00 per glass.Check out our 1/2 price Monday night wine list. Dinner 7 days a week! Brunch on Saturday and Sunday. Late Night Dining, Banquet, Private Rooms, Catering. Extra Virgin Restaurant specializes in Italian cuisine with a modern flare! Imagine Mama's home cooked meal!
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I frequently go to Shirlington to dine, but I'd only been to Extra Virgin once for a late night snack. This visit was the first time I went for Sunday brunch and I was impressed with the options on the menu. My sister was a little disappointed that the dish she wanted was no longer available but my chocolate waffle was awesome. Many of the choices sounded delicious, so I look forward to going back again in the future. Service was a little slow, but certainly friendly.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

Nice lunch specials, good atmosphere and friendly service. I have only been seated outside, but the inside looks nice too.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Been there to Extra Virgin several times and never have been disappointed. The front of the house staff and wait staff extremely professional and friendly. The quality of food is amazing, you get alot for what you pay for. Go there on Sunday afternoon and try the all you can eat pasta. You get to try several different pairings of pasta and it's all under 15 dollars. If you are in the Shirlington area and are looking for a good pasta restaurant, this is the place to go.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

My girlfriend and I had Saturday night dinner at Extra Virgin before seeing a movie at the local theatre. It was a pretty nice evening in October, so we decided to chance eating outside, which proved to be a good decision.

For our main courses we chose a grilled salmon dish and pasta with lamb. Both were very good and well executed. The pasta was cooked properly al dente and went well with the wine selected for me by the waiter. The accompanying bread with oil for dipping was warm and toothsome. We split dessert and were well satisfied. Just before dessert the manager visited our table to ask about our experience and as a little bonus he gave us each a bacon wrapped date stuffed with gorgonzola. I'm not a big blue cheese fan and so was a bit hesitant to try it, but it turned out to be delicious.

The service was very attentive without being in the least overbearing. We definitely intend to go back. \

Extra Virgin has live music on some nights. I've heard that it can get a bit loud, but have no personal experience, so you may want to ask if that's important to you.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

After having dinner at the nearby Bonsai Grill, we and another couple walked across the street and picked Extra Virgin Modern Italian Cuisine for dessert. We were overwhelmed with how wonderful our choice turned out to be.
Although it was a busy Saturday night, we were given a table for 4 within three minutes and were seated right in front of the live music, which seems to be a regular thing for this restaurant. The music was good and he interacted with us throughout the night, which was fun.
One person ordered regular coffee, which reportedly was good, and two of us had excellent (strong) cappuccinos. Two people split gelati, one flavor of which was pumpkin. I was told it was excellent and they ate it very quickly, so it must have been good (the woman in the other couple has been to Italy several times).
Mrs. Nutmegger feasted on a cheese plate, which also was delicious. Although she was not crazy about every cheese selection, I enjoyed each one - the only downside is that it was a 'special' and not something they regularly do (unfortunately). I had the cheesecake. It was the BEST I have ever had, and I have had a lot. This was not your typical NY style cheese cake - I don't think there was any cream cheese in it. It was rich, delicious and very creamy, but not 'hard' like a standard cheese cake. The flavor was excellent and the topping of raspberries was very fresh. Cannot wait to have it again.