“Big room, clean, COLD shower”

Hilton Crystal City at Washington Reagan National Airport
Ranked #22 of 52 Hotels in Arlington
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We stayed at the Hilton Crystal City at the end of October when I was running the MCM marathon. The hotel had a nice lobby with a quick eatery/bar which was very convenient. Our room was a corner room and it was quite large and the bed was very comfortable. The only complaint that I had was the shower never got hot! After the marathon all I wanted was a hot shower but when I turned it on it was tepid at best. I decided to run a bath which resulted in hot water. I do not know why the bath could be hot and the shower tepid but that is what happened. I never lodged a complaint so I'm not sure how the hotel would have handled this. I was just so tired after running. The parking fee was $24/night which is about the average rate for city hotel parking. The hotel is close to the metro and close to many good restaurants which was nice.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kd1977
Harold B, General Manager at Hilton Crystal City at Washington Reagan National Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Dear KD1977:

Thank you for posting a review on your recent stay at the Hilton Crystal City at Washington Reagan National Airport. We do appreciate the feedback from our guests as it allows us to continually improve our product and service.

Thank you for the great comments regarding our rooms and redesigned public area. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the major portion of your stay. I certainly do apologize for the challenge you experienced with the hot water in the shower. It is unfortunate that we let you down after you had run in the Marathon.

Should you decide to run in the Marathon again next year, please let mw know. I will be pleased to make special arrangements for your stay. Feel free to contact me as you make any final plans.

Thank you again for your post!

Reviewed November 3, 2013

I stayed in this hotel last October and i wasn't impressed at all.Once i arrived to Reagan airport i called the hotel and they sent us a free shuttle to pick us. This was the only think that impressed me, after that we arriving to the hotel and i had to carry my bags ,alone with three kids to the lobby. Once i finished the check in and went to my room, also carrying my bags alone, i found out that they gave us uncleaned room! I had to go to the front desk with my bags again. They apologies and gave us a complimentary breakfast for a restaurant that was closed the next day! The lobby is renovated and nice, rooms are big and can fit 4 people easily. The bathroom can't be smaller. They have a free shuttle to pentagon mall and the metro (if you were lucky an it was available) . Overall an average hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Harold B, General Manager at Hilton Crystal City at Washington Reagan National Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Dear Samah Z:

Thank you for taking time to post a review on your recent stay at the Hilton Crystal City at Washington Reagan National Airport. We appreciate feedback from our guests as it allows us to continually improve our service and product.

I do apologize that there was no service team member available at the time of your arrival. I know that waiting a few minutes can be annoying and only wish that our service team members were not busy servicing other guests when you had a need.

Thank you again for your post and we hope you will give us another try when you are next in the Washington DC area.

Best regards,

Reviewed November 1, 2013

Convenient location in Crystal City. Recently completed renovation of hotel which finished with redesign of lobby area including lobby bar, convenience store and business center. HHonors executive lounge is also renovated and very nice with breakfast and evening hours for food and beverage.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Thank Dale W. W
Reviewed October 29, 2013

This is a first rate Hilton Hotel. The staff, rooms. amenities, etc. are all excellent. If you arrive early for your meeting or have meetings the day you leave, they will hold your luggage for you. They also have a free shuttle to and from DCA. The hotel is an easy 5-10 min walk to the Crystal City metro station to take you where you need to go in DC. There are several nice restaurants within an easy walk. I would only caution that it is on the edge of Crystal City. Stay to the North and East, in the heart of the Crystal City dining and shopping district. Go to the South and West, be careful.

Dear Chris F:

Thank you for taking time to post a review regarding your recent stay at the Hilton Crystal City. We place great value on feedback from our guests as it allows us to continually improve our product and service.

I appreciated your comments on our new hotel. The renovation has made a world of difference and the feedback we are getting is extremely positive.

Thank you again for your post and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

This hotel had a good rate compared to others in the area. On the plus side, it is very close to the airport and has shuttle service. It's also within easy walking distance of several restaurants including Chili's, Legal Seafood and Subway. On the not-so-plus side, it is about a half-mile away from the Crystal City Metro station, so be prepared for a long walk if you use it.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We stayed this location this weekend for the Marine Corp Marathon and were very happy with easily accessible city hotel. Road access was very easy as well as access from the Crystal City metro station which is a quick 5 minutes away.

Front desk staff were attentive and check in was swift. The room located on an executive floor while small, was well laid out and well appointed. The executive lounge area was well maintained and the offerings were fine and did the job.

The room was also very quiet, we did not hear any road or plane noise for a location so close to National.

Only nit was parking, the underground parking is tight and requires patience will negoiating the space. Not horrible though.

We were very happy to stay here and look forward to being back next year for the marathon.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Having stayed here pre and post remodel, what a change. The investment in this property has made a tremendous difference in appearance and funcitonality, new lobby, new bar, refreshed rooms, greatly expanded lounge, all to benefit tremendously the experience! Greatly enjoyed my latest visit, you will too!

Dear Hobietim:

Thank you for taking your time to post a review on your recent stay at the Hilton Crystal City at Washington Reagan National Airport. We sincerely appreciate your time and your thoughts.

I enjoyed reading your great comments on our new facility. The complete renovation of the hotel has been a real WOW! Our guests are very pleased and the feedback is outstanding.

I am delighted that we were able to add some great new touches such as a completely redefined bar area, central meeting space on the lobby level, cutting edge internet connectivity station and our new Marketplace where guests can find an array of snacks, sandwiches, pizza and a variety of beverages.

Thank you again for your post and we hope to see you again very soon.