“Really enjoyed it”

Sky Dome at Doubletree Crystal City
Ranked #76 of 992 Restaurants in Arlington
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: The areas only rooftop revolving restaurant. Take in the stunning views of Washington DC, the Pentagon, the Potomac River, Reagan Airport and so much more without having to leave your seat. A full menu is offered as well as many drink options. We'd love to welcome you. Reservations (Open Table) recommended. Simply take a North Tower elevator (at the Doubletree Hotel) to the 14th floor, get off and hit the up button for the Skydome elevator. Should you get on a South Tower elevator, simply get off on the lobby level and go past the Café for the North Tower elevators. Be sure to bring your parking ticket for validation (up to two hours). We hope to welcome you to the Skydome for a unique dining experience.
Reviewed November 11, 2017

We've driven past this restaurant for years and always talked about trying it out, and recently, we finally did. The views were really pretty spectacular, especially the view of the Washington Monument and Jefferson Memorial. The food was pretty good and we were both pleased with our meal. Would definitely come back and would enjoy bringing some of our out-of-town visitors here.

1  Thank DP79DC
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at Sky Dome at Doubletree Crystal City, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2017

Thank you for posting your review. I am so glad that after years of talk, that you finally decided to come up to the Skydome. The views are stunning and it is nice to read that you enjoyed your email. We would love to welcome you back! The views make for a fantastic experience for all, but especially for out-of-towners that do not get to see this beautiful skyline often.

Thank you again for your review and for dining with us. We hope you return soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Reviewed November 9, 2017

The Sky Dome is a good place to take in the panoramic view of Washington. The food was good but a bit pricey. The portion sizes were a little on the small side. But overall a good place to go.

1  Thank bw134

Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed the view and the food. My apologies that you found the portions to be smaller than expected, but it is nice to read that you have a positive overall experience.

Thank you again for your review and for dining with us. We hope to welcome you back soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Reviewed November 6, 2017

My family and I had dinner at Sky Dome to celebrate two birthdays, and had a wonderful time. The view is great, the revolving floor is fun and we found the food to be very good. It's not a huge menu but everyone enjoyed their dinners - the tab for 6, including a bottle of wine, at least one cocktail, 3 appetizers, 6 main courses, three desserts and four coffees was about $400 - so, a little pricey but not outrageous. Our server was friendly and attentive and for a special occasion, we'd go back again!

Thank you for posting a review. A two birthday celebration - how special!. We appreciate you choosing to celebrate in the Skydome. The kitchen team will be proud to read that they offered a positive dining experience to go along with the stunning view. I appreciate you commenting on your server being friendly and attentive.

Reviewed October 25, 2017 via mobile

Absolutely amazing view of DC, have been to several revolving restaurants in my life but this is my favorite! Food is delicious, but it's pricey so I wouldn't be eating there every week however its nice on occasion! The severs are very nice but we had to flag them down to get refills and put orders in, in fairness they were very busy with two birthday parties so might have just been that night. One more thing, every time I've gone its been pretty chilly in there so better bring a coat! Other than that great experience, perfect place to bring a date!

Kevin_Feldman, Manager at Sky Dome at Doubletree Crystal City, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2017

Thank you for posting a review. We are honored to be on the top of your list of revolving restaurants! The kitchen team will be trilled to read that you found the food to be delicious.

My apologies that the server was not as attentive as expected and that you found it to be chilly in the Skydome. Good tip on bringing a light jacket in case others feel the same way.

It is great to read about your positive experience. Thank you again for your review and for dining with us. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed October 8, 2017 via mobile

There is no question that the views from the sky dome are amazing. The food was very good.
What I found strange was that when we were revolving you get to see behind the bar, and as you move pass the bar your very close to customers backsides as they sat at the bar.
A bit of background music would give a better atmosphere, and also drown out some of the customers that would rather shout at each other than talk.

2  Thank Spikeandco
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at Sky Dome at Doubletree Crystal City, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2017

Thank you for your review. It is nice to read that you enjoyed the views and found the food to be very good. Yes, it can get cozy as you get to the bar during the revolution, and perhaps when the Skydome is remodeled at some point, this will be changed. Your suggestion for background music is appreciated.