“Cold Food”

Sky Dome at Doubletree Crystal City
Ranked #76 of 959 Restaurants in Arlington
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: The areas only rooftop revolving restaurant. Take in the stunning views of Washington DC, the Pentagon, the Potomac River, Reagan Airport and so much more without having to leave your seat. A full menu is offered as well as many drink options. We'd love to welcome you. Reservations (Open Table) recommended. Simply take a North Tower elevator (at the Doubletree Hotel) to the 14th floor, get off and hit the up button for the Skydome elevator. Should you get on a South Tower elevator, simply get off on the lobby level and go past the Café for the North Tower elevators. Be sure to bring your parking ticket for validation (up to two hours). We hope to welcome you to the Skydome for a unique dining experience.
Reviewed October 5, 2017

We ordered dinner and received cold food.Waiter did not show to refill drinks.
Didn't think it was that busy. Appetizer was not what we had expected.

Kevin_Feldman, Manager at Sky Dome at Doubletree Crystal City, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2017

Thank you for writing a review. I am so sorry you had a poor experience and hope you let us know about it while you were with us. We would love the opportunity to try and make it right. Again, my apologies to you.

Thank you again for your review and for dining with us. I truly am sorry we let you down. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Reviewed October 4, 2017 via mobile

Disclaimer: I am a fan of revolving restaurants and believe every big city in the world should have one. There is something about lingering over food, wine and good conversation while twirling slowly around, high in the sky. Good mood music and soft lights that allow one to view the sights at night are a must. I don’t even expect great food, but do want good service. Sky Dome did not disappoint, and the fare exceeded my expectations. Mom went with me, and we happily talked, laughed, shared stories and saw the sights of metro DC from above the traffic and noises. My salad was fresh, steak was prepared perfectly (medium rare), and they granted my request for double veg in lieu of potatoes. I am going back in November...with my husband this time. It was a bit too romantic for an evening with Mom (sorry Mom!).

Thank you for posting a review. We are a fan of revolving restaurants too! However, we are glad not every city has one, it makes the Skydome experience more unique. The next closest to the south is in Atlanta and to the north is in New York.

I am so glad you and you mom had a wonderful time and enjoyed your meal while taking in the sites. While we welcome many families to the Skydome daily, and I am sure your mom enjoyed a special mom/son date, we look forward to welcoming your husband and you in November.

Thank you again for your review and for dining with us. See you in November! As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Reviewed September 15, 2017 via mobile

This is a fantastic way to end the day in D. C. We enjoyed the stunning views from the rotating restaurant as we recalled what we had seen during our first day in the city. Our server was friendly and quick. We enjoyed a glass of great wine with apps. (The eggplant was fantastic.). Prices were very reasonable. I highly recommend this restaurant and bar to all who are seeking a fantastic view of our nation's history along with some great eats and drinks! Simply stunning and remarkably refreshing!

Thank you for sharing your review. It is nice to read that you had an enjoyable Skydome experience. The view is stunning and so many of our guests that tour Washington DC have fun sitting in the Skydome and picking out all the sites they went to (or will go to) as they look out at the nation's capital.

Your comment about the server is appreciated and the kitchen team will be proud to read that you found the eggplant to be delicious.

Thank you again for your review and for the recommendation. We hope to welcome you back soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Reviewed August 27, 2017 via mobile

My boyfriend ordered a white fish and was served salmon. The waiter was determined to convince us it wasn't salmon. After much back and forth, my boyfriend sent the food back and ordered a burger. We joked it was a pork chop. I had ordered chicken, which was actually very good and also gluten free. My boyfriend ordered a drink and it was way way way too pricey (cost as much as an appetizer).

The view is of all of D.C., but D.C. Is flat with the exception of the Washington Monument, making the view very blah. I have learned D.C. is something you see in one day; it's pretty boring in a week.

The restaurant wasn't very busy, so I would say you don't have to make reservations.

All in all, pretty good except for the fish ordeal.

Kevin_Feldman, Manager at Sky Dome at Doubletree Crystal City, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2017

Thank you for your review. I am so sorry for the miscommunication over what was served. The Director of Food and Beverage will try to identify the server to go over what occurred and how it could have been handled differently.

I am glad you enjoyed the chicken. In my many years with this property, I can honestly say you are the very first person to describe the view from the Skydome as blah. As you and readers will see in other reviews, most call it stunning, or amazing, or breath taking. I am so sorry that you had a different impression and were expecting more. As for DC being flat, I respectfully disagree as between the National Cathedral, Jefferson Memorial, the Monument, Capitol, and more there are so many great monuments/landmarks to pick out.

It is great that you took in DC all in one day. You must move quick! We have so many people that come to experience it all week and leave needing to return in order to complete it. The Skydome can get quite busy and reservations are best as there are times when the wait can get long. Reservations can be made at Open Table or by calling directly.

Thank you again for your review. It is nice to read that overall you had a positive Skydome experience, but I truly am sorry about the fish challenge and that you were underwhelmed with the view. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

kevin.Feldman@hilton.com

Reviewed August 23, 2017 via mobile

When I first entered I was so anxious to have a seat right in the middle of the restaurant so that I could appreciate the view of DC.
The waiter instead gave us a table right next to the entrance, and of course I didn't say a word since we were invited.
It took me about 10-15 minutes to notice that the whole restaurant was actually turning!
Such an impressive surprize..

We could see right into the Pentagon, many aircrafts were busy landing right in front of our eyes plus the view of downtown DC was just fantastic.

The quality of the food is great. I ate a well done steak, a side dish and a glass of Italian wine.

All very good.

Kevin_Feldman, Manager at Sky Dome at Doubletree Crystal City, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. The revolving floor makes it so that all of our guests can enjoy the view; not a bad seat in the house. I am glad this was a pleasant surprise for you.

The kitchen team will be thrilled to read you found your food to be delicious. Thank you again for your review and for dining with us. We hope your return soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

kevin.Feldman@hilton.com