WINNER WONDERLAND

Sky Dome at Doubletree Crystal City
Ranked #71 of 850 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The areas only rooftop revolving restaurant. Take in the stunning views of Washington DC, the Pentagon, the Potomac River, Reagan Airport and so much more without having to leave your seat. A full menu is offered as well as many drink options. We'd love to welcome you and no reservations are required. Simply take a North Tower elevator (at the Doubletree Hotel) to the 14th floor, get off and hit the up button for the Skydome elevator. Should you get on a South Tower elevator, simply get off on the lobby level and go past the Café for the North Tower elevators. Be sure to bring your parking ticket for validation (up to two hours). We hope to welcome you to the Skydome for a unique dining experience.
Georgia
“Great view”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

The food is good but a little pricey. Bring a camera because the view is amazing day or night. The floor of the restaurant turns slowly so your view during your meal will be changing.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank miamitogeorgia
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at Sky Dome at Doubletree Crystal City, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thank you for your review. I am so glad you enjoyed your Skydome experience. Many of our guests bring their camera as the views are so amazing. You can see so many of the DC attractions, the Potomac River, Reagan Airport, and so much more. In my unbiased opinion, which is shared by so many of our patrons, it is the absolute best view of the DC skyline that you will find.

The revolving floor offers such a unique experience in this area as the closest roof top revolving lounges are in New York & Atlanta.

Thank you again for the review and I hope you return soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

kevin.fedman@hilton.com

• Greek first
toronto
“Fun Evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

We went to the Skydome for dinner on a Saturday night. You have to pay a covercharge at 9pm, but there is music and dancing to enjoy. The food was pretty good and the view from the revolving restaurant was excellent.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank ghfan
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at Sky Dome at Doubletree Crystal City, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Thank you for your review. It is so nice to read that you had a positive experience. I do want to note that the cover charge of $10 only applies on Fri/Sat evenings after 9pm. There is no charge prior to 9pm or on any other night.

The Skydome is a fantastic place to take your family (prior 9:00pm for kids) or to enjoy a late night snack/drink. The views of Washington DC are unmatched and there is no other revolving rooftop lounge in the area. I am so glad you took advantage of the Skydome while visiting the Doubletree.

Thank you again for the review and recommendation. We hope you return soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Fairfax, Virginia, United States
“Panoramic view of Washington, D.C.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

If you are looking for a place to view the skyline of Washington D.C. this is the place to go. Located across the Potomac River in Arlington Virginia on top of Double Tree Hotel it is near the Pentagon. It is dome shaped and revolving slowly in clockwise direction so make sure you remember where your table is if you leave to go to the dancefloor. Don't expect too much if you come for the disco, the acoustics is bad and there is no mirrored ball or DJ. The music selection is good if you are a versatile dancer or loved oldies but goodies. The restaurant is a little bit pricey for the quality of food but the bar serves strong cocktail drinks. Make sure to take the North tower elevator not the South or you will end up in the wrong building. After getting to the 14th floor, transfer to another elevator that only goes up the skydome. This is a very good place to see the Washington, D.C. skyline but for those who have conditions affecting the sense of balance please be forwarned, this might not be good for you.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at Sky Dome at Doubletree Crystal City, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Thank you for your review. I agree, there is no better view of Washington DC than the Skydome. It is amazing how much is visible from the Skydome such as the White House, Arlington Cemetery, Pentagon, Lincoln Memorial, Reagan Airport, Potomac River, and so much more. I have not met a patron or guest that was not stunned with the awesome view.

The tables should be numbered to help with remembering which table is yours should you need/want to step away. I am sorry that you were expecting a disco as that is not what the Skydome offers. We do offer a wide variety of music being we have such a wide variety of patrons as there are many hotel guests as well as locals that experience the Skydome.

I appreciate you correctly telling guests to take the North Tower elevators to the 14th floor and not the South Tower elevators. Once on the 14th floor, you will need to exit and then hit the up elevator button for the Skydome elevator. You are correct again, people with a fear of heights or that may not enjoy the revolving floor (it does go very slow) may choose to relax in the Lobby Bar.

Thank you again for the review and we hope you return soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Lewes, Delaware
“Do not miss”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

Happy hour 5-7 daily! Also gorgeous at night. Friendly staff answered questions we had about the skyline and monuments. Children welcome. I read that Friday and Saturday nights there is a 10 dollar cover and a dress code

Visited August 2012
1 Thank DEBarbie
DoubletreeCrystal, Manager at Sky Dome at Doubletree Crystal City, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Thank you for the review. I agree, no one in town should miss out on the unique experience at the Skydome. You are correct, from 5pm (when it opens) until 9:00pm, we encourage families to come. Dinner can be ordered and enjoyed while taking in the spectaculat view.

After 9pm it does become more of an lounge/restaurant area and you must be at least 18 years old to get in. There is a $10 cover charge to all patrons in the Skydome after 9pm on Friday & Saturday evenings only.

I appreciate you mentioning the friendly staff. We hope you return soon and always I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Fortaleza, CE
“Great view”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

Excellent view form this revolving restaurant/bar, and no cover charge Sunday-Thursday. Decent selecetion of drinks.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Sutter
Thank you for the review. I am glad you chose to visit the Skydome and enjoyed your experience. I agree, the view is excellent and truly a unique way to see Washington DC. The Skydome offers a bird's eye view to the White House, Pentagon, Washington Monument, Capitol, Reagan Airport, Potomac River, Air Force Memorial and so much more. I have not found anyone that is not amazed with the panoramic view that the Skydome offers. I encourage all people staying at the Doubletree and people living in the area to be sure to come up and experience it.