Comfort Inn Ballston
  • Room Service
  • Fitness center
Highlander Motel(Arlington)
View Hotel
All reviewsfree parkingmetro stationyogurtballston areafree breakfastchoice hotelswithin walking distancefridge and microwaverooms are cleanstay there againminute walkhot itemsconvenient locationwe've stayedthe breakfast arearoad noiseroom was large
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Room had all that was promised: 2 beds, TV, free Wi-Fi, fridge, microwave, safe (it was big enough to accommodate two 15 inch laptops). Our room was facing N Glebe road, but still was quiet enough to sleep.
Breakfast was hot eggs, sausages, cereal, milk, coffee, apples, banana, oranges, donuts, waffles.
Hotel had a gym downstairs in the basement. Nothing special: treadmill, elliptical, bicycle and weights machine.
There was 20 miles long jogging trail 5 min walk from the hotel, although there were also a lot of people jogging on the streets.
Most of people staying in the hotel were vacationers, although you do see some people staying here on business trip during the week days.
Parking space at the hotel was plentiful.
We liked the location - 10 min walk from metro station Balliston MU. This metro station is located on orange lane, that takes you right to downtown: White House, Smithsonian, Capitol etc.
The metro ride is about 15 min and costs $2 - $3 one way depending on time of the day and distance.
Overall the hotel is nothing special, but not expensive either.

Room Tip: Quiet rooms are facing the court, but don't have as nice view as rooms on the outside side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank George S
Reviewed July 15, 2013

you will not miss home ( if you live in a old house or an apartment ) you will feel right at home. things are a little old but everything works and you can get by.

silent and good ac, spacious rooms and good beds, and best of all - no smoking for the entire hotel. half the price of nearby hotels. free parking and a good breakfast. I am going back here.

old plumbing and a little mess due to ongoing renovation, but it really wont bother you. they should change the shower heads in the bathrooms, then i wouldnt have any complaints at all.

overall i would recommend this place.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank kalla78
Reviewed July 12, 2013

This hotel was not all what was represented to us. The hotel was undergoing a major renovation which this hotel has clearly not had for many years. The real issue was the room was so drab, the bedspread smelled and there was ants on the floor. When I asked the FD for what Mr. Bandesh Patel represented, they laughed and said "it was too late to cancel. "They wouldn't even switch our room. But that may not have mattered as there are many unsatisfied guests of this establishment. I will never return to this dump.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
7  Thank Mark B
Reviewed July 2, 2013

The Good: The room itself was clean, comfortable, and quiet. The metro is seven blocks away, and there is a shuttle that leaves on the hour in the mornings and evenings. It is also convenient to major highways.

The Bad: The motel is undergoing much needed renovations. If I didn't have reservations and I had just walked into the lobby, I never would have stayed here. The lobby smells weird and is very dingy and dated, as is the breakfast area. The breakfast is below average, and who wants to eat in a smelly, dreary area? The maid service was odd - sometimes they left one towel, sometimes two. We had four people, so we kept having to ask the front desk for more towels. Our room looked onto "the courtyard," which is actually the parking lot. After reading other reviews, however, I would say this is the best, most quiet part of the motel.

Bottom line: This is an acceptable motel if you can't afford to stay in D.C. itself. I wouldn't stay here again, though.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank CowardlyLion
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I stayed here at this hotel about 3 months ago, hotel was under major construction. I had a conference the very next day the executive conference center, so sleep was an important matter to me. There was a lot noise due to construction. The front desk is currently located in a outdated, filthy, haunted restaurant. I was told renovations would be done before my next stay here. I returned and its still in the same condition. I originally had the reservation for 3 nights, but I obviously checked out the next morning. I was not able to cancel the entire stay (including the first night) due the cancellation policy. I've stayed at many different hotels, by far this one has given me the worst experience.. I never will be returning to this property. How ever the front desk staff was excellent, very kind and understanding. They are the reason why I might (maybe) re consider staying here. I gave this hotel 1 star due the kindness of the staff!

P.S. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!