“STILL UNDER RENOVATIONS AFTER 3 MONTHS!”

Comfort Inn Ballston
Ranked #26 of 51 Hotels in Arlington
Kansas City, Missouri
“STILL UNDER RENOVATIONS AFTER 3 MONTHS!”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I stayed here at this hotel about 3 months ago, hotel was under major construction. I had a conference the very next day the executive conference center, so sleep was an important matter to me. There was a lot noise due to construction. The front desk is currently located in a outdated, filthy, haunted restaurant. I was told renovations would be done before my next stay here. I returned and its still in the same condition. I originally had the reservation for 3 nights, but I obviously checked out the next morning. I was not able to cancel the entire stay (including the first night) due the cancellation policy. I've stayed at many different hotels, by far this one has given me the worst experience.. I never will be returning to this property. How ever the front desk staff was excellent, very kind and understanding. They are the reason why I might (maybe) re consider staying here. I gave this hotel 1 star due the kindness of the staff!

P.S. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank John l

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Hoffman Estates, Illinois
Reviewed June 26, 2013

During our stay the hotel was under construction but that did not interrupt our stay at all. THe rooms are clean and large. Our room looked out over the parking lot but that was perfect since we did not have to hear the street noise. The hotel was right next to the expressway so it took us 10 mins. to get to D.C. every day. The breakfast was average with cereals, fruit, eggs and sausage. The metro train stop was also close by and for those that are too tired to walk the hotel has a free shuttle to and from the train stop all day. There is no pool at this hotel. Our room did have a fridge, microwave and safe.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Latinhoney
Osprey, Florida
Reviewed June 18, 2013

First night there was only a small light at the clerk's desk; looked near abandoned and was quite disconcerting. About 5-block trek from the Metro; wish they told us a shuttle was available in advance. In the light of day, the neighborhoods between the hotel and Metro appeared pretty swank. Not sure if it is safer to walk through those neighborhoods at night or simply use Fairfax and Glebe. Our room was right at the busy intersection of Washington and Glebe, and was pretty noisy. Room was large, but carpets well stained and one AC was broken. Final morning the night clerk's shirt smelled FOUL. Management is simply not on top of this place, despite the construction. Serviceable but shabby hotel. Not so great for business travelers, but if the other hotels are too expensive, this can do. If vacationing with a car/family, and if the parking lot has space, this is probably a relative bargain depending on price. Had to call for additional discount after I found out there was such major construction under way.

Room Tip: By all means, ask for a room AWAY from both Glebe and Washington. Yes, further walk to the elevator...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank AnAceBuyer_007
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Stayed for one night 6/1-6/2 for a friend's graduation party in Arlington. Got a great prepaid rate through Choice Rewards. Room was clean & quiet. Bathroom is a little small but all my group did was sleep and shower there. Parking was easy, even got a covered space. Desk staff were friendly and got us checked in promptly. They are undergoing a pretty extensive renovation so you have to walk through a "work in progress" to get to the elevators. Just hang in there - once you get through the construction zone the rest of the hotel is nice. The hallways were also clean given the construction that's going on. Would stay again for a reliable, simple, no-frills stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank DKC623
�G|ϗϨ�
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Difficult to say more that they are always clean with comfortable beds and reasonably large rooms. The breakfast I am sure will be the basic but edible. Nice room tv etc.i really cannot say more as there is nothing exceptional, just always solid

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank steverA8718SU
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Yes, they are in the midst of a renovation, but the staff made every effort to ensure that we had a comfortable stay - April 20-22. This is our third stay at this Comfort Inn and each time our experience is pleasurable and memorable. Sunil and his staff were very pleasant and congenial. They allowed us to check out later than usual without any difficulty. The breakfast spread was good and I saw many families enjoying a sumptuous breakfast before setting out into the city. Situated close to the Metro, National Science Foundation, and universities, I think this is a great value added hotel for a comfortable stay at the capital.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Aparnush
Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

I come to the same hotel due to it's accessibility to ALL exits. Although this is in Virginia it is only 5 miles away from Washington D.C. where we always visit cherry blossom festival, lincoln memorial, and all the famous places there. One time we slept for 2 days, we only need the place to rest for a few hours. I would still come back due to it's strategic location and helpful staff. C.c. Of NJ

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family