All reviewstypical courtyardcrystal cityfront deskmarriott courtyardmetro stationshuttle serviceruns every minutesan early flightfree shuttlesmall fridgeother hotels in the areabusiness tripdefinitely stay here againparkinglobbystarbucksprinter
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I found this hotel to be a great place for me to stay. The grounds and inside decor of it are well done. I was treated very well by every member of the staff I came in contact with. My room was clean, comfortable, and well kept. I ate at the Bistro, at least once most days, and found the food to be surprisingly good. I don't have any complaints. Not even the reconstruction of the front entrance driveway while I was there. A member of the staff was near the door to direct guests around the work area. All-in-all, a very nice stay indeed.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
GeneralManagerWASCT, General Manager at Courtyard Arlington Crystal City / Reagan National Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Great news! The driveway construction is well behind us and we have a fresh new arrival experience awaiting you on your next visit to the DC area. Check us out on Marriott's website for all sorts of details about our hotel porduct, services and the local area.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

From the beginning: got to DC too late for airport shuttle, which stops at 11:00 (no exceptions, even when you get there at 11:02 and a holiday week) so had to keep our car overnight @ $22 per night parking (was charged for both nights, but after complaining one was credited back). If you are looking for a place with a pool, be aware the pool is only open from 4:00pm until 10:00 on weekdays. FOR REAL! It was 4th the 4th of July! This wasn't a business crowd! Needless to say, we paid for a pool we didn't get to use. If you enjoy "bothering" front desk staff who are busy on their phone and paying $5 for cereal in the morning that you need to trek to the lobby and stand in line for 45 minutes to get then this place is for you. Would have given it one star but the room was nice and it was clean. (although it was noisy even though we were in a corner room). Would have been nice to know about the subway station shuttle while we were actually staying there.

Room Tip: Bring your own cereal and milk (there's a frig in room but no microwave). The corner room was probably quieter. Plan your trip around their shuttle that stops at 11:00. They do have a shuttle to the nearest subway station too but they don't tell you about that---we found out when we were catching the shuttle to the airport :(
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
GeneralManagerWASCT, General Manager at Courtyard Arlington Crystal City / Reagan National Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

I am so sorry that you had a poor experience at the hotel of the recent holiday weekend. I would be more than happy to address your concerns directly if you wish to contact me at the hotel. Our main phone number is 703 549 3434. For full information on our hotel, our product options, hours of service and amenities, please visit our hotel website at either www.courtyardcrystalcity.com or www.marriott.com/wasct.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Stayed here while site seeing in DC. Airport shuttle from Reagan Airport started things off right. Quick check-in, staff was friendly and helpful. Was very hot so shuttle ride to Metro was a plus (both shuttles were free and ran about every 15 minutes). Room was comfortable and clean - free wifi :-) and small refrigerator in room came in handy.

• Stayed: July 2013
GeneralManagerWASCT, General Manager at Courtyard Arlington Crystal City / Reagan National Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Dear StillLearning261-

Thank you for staying with us at Courtyard Crystal City and completing a review of the hotel. It sounds like you found the hotel services and product perfect for your visit to the DC area. Our Aiport shuttle and METRO shuttle are great for visitors wanting easy access to the airport and all that the area has to offer.

Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Overall I enjoyed my stay here between June 29 and July 5th. The rooms were clean and in good shape with a wonderful maid on the 4th floor. The only thing I found annoying with the room was the amount of noise coming in from the hall, the door was not insulated well and had a large gap underneath.

The shuttle that runs to the metro is great to have after spending the day walking around DC and you have sore feet. It doesn't hold many people so there were multiple times where people had to wait another 20 minutes or walk. I had thought about using the Hyatts shuttle which is much bigger and goes right across the street but never did. Or they have the city share bikes with stations close to the metro and the hotel with many others sprinkled around Crystal City.

I wouldn't say the service was bad, but it definitely was not great. The staff seemed overworked and just not into the job. I asked for another luggage rack for our room and was told by one gentleman they could only provide one per room, that to me is a bit ridiculous. The next day I asked another person and they provided us with one.

Overall I would stay here again because of the value and the location to DC and restaurants in Crystal City.

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear Dale427-

Thank you staying at Courtyard Crystal City and for completing a review. I am sorry that the first person you spoke with about the luggage rack did not immediately provide you one as requested. We have them available and it should not have been an issue to get one for you. We are in the process of updating our van service, so your comments about the size of the van are important for us to consider.

Thanks again for staying and Safe Travels!

Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

My husband, son and I Just returned from a 6 day stay
Upon arriving at DCA, we waited for the free shuttle to take us to the hotel
Tip 1: shuttles come every 20 minutes and there are 2 Marriott Loops. They will pick you up outside baggage claim At the Hotel Shuttle stops. Make sure you state Courtyard Crystal City and take the South Loop shuttle.

Check in did take a while. There were 3 other guests in front if us with only 1 desk person answering phones and checking in. It was a slow process but the service was friendly And courteous.

Our room: clean perfect for the three if us. We were on the 11th floor and only heard people in the hallways with no street noise

Business center convenient for printing information Came in handy with printing tickets and reservation confirmations to us Capitol etc

Shuttle:
Departs on the 5s 25s and 45s of the hour to the Metro Station at Crystal City
This was very convenient for us.
Tip 2: the Metro is about a 15 minute walk. The last pick up from Metro back to the Hotel is between 1045pm and 1055pm.

We ended up walking twice from the Metro back to the hotel. The area is safe but not much activity. I probably wouldn't walk it alone late at night. We did catch a cab another time which cost the three of us $8

Eats:
There's a cafe directly across the street from the hotel with Asian fast food, sandwiches and drinks Also at the Renaissance there is a nice
espresso bar. a short walk from the hotel are some restaurants
as well Hotel does have a Bistro with coffee and food as well

The Metro
There is A Rite Aide so you can get some water and snacks to bring back to the room
Dunkin Donuts, Subway, Bubble Tea , ice cream shops. Great way to grab a bite before touring DC.

Tip: fare on the Metro.
Living in Chicago and having traveled to New York, we figured we can get a 1 day pass for $14and share it amongst the 3 of us. Well you can't share cards. Each person must have their own card You swipe your card at the entry point and when you exit you swipe your card again which then calculates the fare and charges your card the respective dollar amount from entry to exit. We wasted about 30 minutes trying to figure out the types of fare card we needed The metro staff is helpful but I suggest reading and learning a bit about the different fare cards. Other then this, The metro is a really easy way to get thru the city and sites.

Since our flight was not until the evening we did leave our luggage with the front desk and did not have any issues We took advantage of the day to see a few more museums. Upon our return to the hotel we retrieved our luggage, again we had to wait in a line 3 deep, because there was only 1 person at the desk. just used the public restrooms on the first floor to freshen up and change for our flight home.

Overall good experience.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank mygaby

Dear mygaby-

Thank you for staying a completing a review of the hotel. You did a great job of creating a picture of your stay with some great helpful hints about traveling and staying in the DC area.

Thanks again! Save Travels!