All reviewstypical courtyardcrystal cityfront deskmarriott courtyardmetro stationshuttle serviceruns every minutesan early flightfree shuttlesmall fridgeother hotels in the areabusiness tripdefinitely stay here againparkinglobbystarbucksprinter
Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

My husband, son and I Just returned from a 6 day stay
Upon arriving at DCA, we waited for the free shuttle to take us to the hotel
Tip 1: shuttles come every 20 minutes and there are 2 Marriott Loops. They will pick you up outside baggage claim At the Hotel Shuttle stops. Make sure you state Courtyard Crystal City and take the South Loop shuttle.

Check in did take a while. There were 3 other guests in front if us with only 1 desk person answering phones and checking in. It was a slow process but the service was friendly And courteous.

Our room: clean perfect for the three if us. We were on the 11th floor and only heard people in the hallways with no street noise

Business center convenient for printing information Came in handy with printing tickets and reservation confirmations to us Capitol etc

Shuttle:
Departs on the 5s 25s and 45s of the hour to the Metro Station at Crystal City
This was very convenient for us.
Tip 2: the Metro is about a 15 minute walk. The last pick up from Metro back to the Hotel is between 1045pm and 1055pm.

We ended up walking twice from the Metro back to the hotel. The area is safe but not much activity. I probably wouldn't walk it alone late at night. We did catch a cab another time which cost the three of us $8

Eats:
There's a cafe directly across the street from the hotel with Asian fast food, sandwiches and drinks Also at the Renaissance there is a nice
espresso bar. a short walk from the hotel are some restaurants
as well Hotel does have a Bistro with coffee and food as well

The Metro
There is A Rite Aide so you can get some water and snacks to bring back to the room
Dunkin Donuts, Subway, Bubble Tea , ice cream shops. Great way to grab a bite before touring DC.

Tip: fare on the Metro.
Living in Chicago and having traveled to New York, we figured we can get a 1 day pass for $14and share it amongst the 3 of us. Well you can't share cards. Each person must have their own card You swipe your card at the entry point and when you exit you swipe your card again which then calculates the fare and charges your card the respective dollar amount from entry to exit. We wasted about 30 minutes trying to figure out the types of fare card we needed The metro staff is helpful but I suggest reading and learning a bit about the different fare cards. Other then this, The metro is a really easy way to get thru the city and sites.

Since our flight was not until the evening we did leave our luggage with the front desk and did not have any issues We took advantage of the day to see a few more museums. Upon our return to the hotel we retrieved our luggage, again we had to wait in a line 3 deep, because there was only 1 person at the desk. just used the public restrooms on the first floor to freshen up and change for our flight home.

Overall good experience.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank mygaby
GeneralManagerWASCT, General Manager at Courtyard Arlington Crystal City / Reagan National Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Dear mygaby-

Thank you for staying a completing a review of the hotel. You did a great job of creating a picture of your stay with some great helpful hints about traveling and staying in the DC area.

Thanks again! Save Travels!

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Let's get the bad out of the way first. Some reviews complained about the hotel shuttle. It is kind of beat up looking, but certainly not a big deal. Super convenient constant shuttle to Crystal City Metro station. Their airport shuttle is much nicer. Both are free and run continually. Except for one not so nice West Indian clerk , who gave my daughter a hard time checking in for us (although I specified that arrangement on Booking.com and confirmed in advance with the hotel), and one other clerk who seemed ticked at having to adjust for an improper charge, the rest of the staff were very courteous and pleasant reflecting good training. While the a/c was a bit noisy, it was like "white noise" and not an issue. I found the windows were well soundproofed. I never heard a vehicle outside as other reviewers complained of. Our room type request was honored, and adding a total of $10.00/day for breakfast for 2 plus a kid's breakfast was a great deal.
The room rate was reasonable and the location just 5 minutes from the airport was perfect for an early morning flight. One of the few hotels there that guaranteed 2 double beds. All in all, I think that a 3 1/2 star rating is correct.

Room Tip: Higher floor, away from elevators and ice machines.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank KEITH W. S

Dear xflatbush-

You are correct about the condition of the shuttle. We are in the process of sourcing an new vehicle, so on your next visit, this should not be an issue. I have shared your comments with the front desk staff, so that they are aware of the poor impression they left on you and your daughter. I'm glad you and the family were able to enjoy the breakfast package as part of your room. While not all of our rates include breakfast, be sure to check, especially on weekends for a breakfast included rate.

Thanks again for staying and Safe Travels!

Reviewed June 13, 2013

The hotel is very nice looking, kind of high tech. The staff was friendly, but hard to find. I had a question and called the front desk. The phone rang 15-20 times but no one picked up. This happened three times that night. I never did get anyone. They had two printers in the lobby to print your boarding documents. After spending about 15 minutes trying to print my boarding pass, I discovered neither terminal was working.

I agree with other commenters who mentioned the noise. I too was on the 9th floor and heard outdoor noise as well as the elevators or some other loud machinery running all night. I was awakened early by an alarm clock I didn't set and couldn't get back to sleep because of the noise. Also, I realize this is a personal preference but I don't think a full length mirror opposite the toilet is the best placement. Why not put it on the other side of the bathroom door?

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear Julie K-

Thank you for your review of the hotel. I am sorry you experienced difficulty reaching the front desk staff by phone during your stay. Your comments have been review with the staff members on duty at the time. We are always happy to assist with boarding pass issues at the front desk and resetting the printers should they not print automatically for a guest.

Best regards and Safe Travels!

Reviewed June 7, 2013

I stayed at this property on a recent business trip. The lobby of the hotel is quite nice, the restaurant - if staffed properly - could be nice. The rooms appear okay however they are very noisy - windows probably not sounded insulated (despite being on 9th floor could hear every car drive by), you can hear anytime a neighbour or the room above runs a tap or goes to the toilet, and any traffic in hall is very loud.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
GeneralManagerWASCT, General Manager at Courtyard Arlington Crystal City / Reagan National Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Dear DD089-

Thank you for your review. I am sorry that you found the room in which you stayed to be noisy and the restaurant service to be mediocre. I would be happy to research your concerns further and take corrective action if you wish to contact me directly at cy.wasct.gm@marriott.com.

Thank you for choosing Courtyard. I look forward to hearing from you so that I may assist you further.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

My friends and I traveled to Arlington Va. to visit Washington DC. The proximity of this hotel to downtown DC is a very easy commute by metro. They provide a shuttle to the closest metro station so there is no need to move your car once it is parked in the garage.

The rooms were spacious and clean and the view was very nice.

The only problems with this hotel that I found were that the parking garage elevator only goes to the lobby and you have to transfer to another elevator. Its a little inconvenient but I think they do it for security reasons. The other issue I had was that there really is no coffee shop or restaurant in the hotel lobby. It is just a small bar/coffee area. But it was good enough.

The staff were very helpful and pleasant. I would recommend this hotel for sure. We will be back next year.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor so you can have a view.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Mitsle1-

Thank you for choosing Courtyard and for taking the time to share your feedback. You are correct about the elevator design. For guest safety, we have split elevators so that you must come through the lobby before going to the guest tower. I must say I'm surprised that you did not find our Bistro's full range of breakfast, dinner and bar options to provide enough options for meals and beverages during your stay. We have a full range of breakfast items from grab and go through full breakfast plates with eggs, meats, toast and sides. Our dinner options range from lite fare and appitizers to full dinners with steak, seafood and pastas. Maybe on your next visit, we can assist you with some additional highlights on our menu or local dinning options.

Again, thank you for staying and Safe Travels!