Courtyard Arlington Crystal City / Reagan National Airport
Ranked #29 of 52 Hotels in Arlington
Reviewed April 13, 2012

My stay at this place was very good, the check in was a breeze Jules at the front desk was very nice. Upon check in I requested a crib and a microwave and it was brought to the room right away. The room was very clean and good size for family of four which included 5yo & 2yo.
The room was on the 8th floor very quiet and facing the Hyatt and Renaissance hotel. The overall view of the hotel was very nice and inviting but there were three things that I did not like wish they would change it.
1. They should have complimentary breakfast. 2. The parking fee is too much, $18/day Monday-Wednesday & $22/day Thursday-Sunday. I did get a good deal on parking at the hotel so that worked out for me. 3. The pool is only open from 4pm-10pm. This hotel is not close to the Metro if you plan on walking there but they do have a very good shuttle service that takes you back and forth to/from metro stop Crystal City. I look forward to staying here again next time I am in DC.

Room Tip: get room at high floor(7 or above) and facing the Hyatt or Renaissance. If you want tips on parking...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank salpal1232002

Reviewed April 5, 2012

This hotel is very clean, the rooms are updated and the beds are SO comfy. The gym is newly renovated with updated equipment (and a lot of it - there were 3 elipticals and at least 3 treadmills). There is an indoor pool with jacuzzi (the jacuzzi was broken during my visit). There is a free shuttle to the Metro which you need because it's much too far to walk, especially after a long day of sightseeing. The shuttle also ends at 10pm so you need to plan on leaving DC by 9-9:30 to get back in time or else you will turn into a pumpkin! Underground parking is $18/day so be prepared if you bring your car. There is also no complimentary breakfast. Instead, there is a "bistro" in the lobby offering overpriced ($8-$10) breakfast sandwiches and the like. There is a huge flat screen TV in the room and there is also free Wifi which was slow at times. (I was able to stream a movie from Netflix, so the connection wasn't too bad.)

I've stayed here twice (once in April 11, once in April 12) and have been pleased both times; however, the distance from the Metro, cost of parking, and lack of breakfast will make me think twice before booking here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 4, 2012

After a little diffiuclty checking in (check in is 3pm, but room was not ready until 4:15, as there was "limited housekeeping staff on the weekend"), my two teens and I were pleased with our room. It was attractive, clean, comfortable and decent in size. Small fridge. Lots of hot water.

Lobby is very attractive, and the cafe is handy but overpriced. Having Starbucks in house was a nice bonus. There is also complimentary coffee in lobby. We did not eat any meals there, but did purchase cereal/ muffins in mornings during our stay.

There are several restaurants within a short walking distance. We also discovered there is a CVS down the street that has a refridgerated case up front with pre-made sandwiches, fruit cups, salads, etc - much less expensive than the Market at hotel or nearby restaurants. CVS also has wine/ beer, bread, snacks, etc at a fraction of cost.
In addition, there was typically a street vendor at crystal city metro entrance selling drinks, chips, etc for only a dollar.

The hotel has shuttle service to metro stop and to DCA - both of which were prompt/ timely and efficient. The drivers and hotel staff are friendly, pleasant and very helpful.

The drawback to this hotel is it's distance from the metro and the crystal city shops. Although the hotel shuttle will take you and pick you up, it would have been nice to be closer.

Overall, the hotel and Crystal City area is a good choice for anyone wanting to stay outside D.C. It is a very quick, easy metro ride to all tourist attractions, and cab service from the national mall (which we opted for one night) was only $14 plus tip.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 3, 2012

Really liked this Hotel. It had a good shuttle service from and to the airport and one shuttle towards the nearest metro stations. The rooms were big and the beds where great. I really liked this hotel. They have free internet and complimentary Coffey in the morning. Two things. 1: the tap in the bar was closed so we got two bottled beers, 13 dollars for two beers are pretty expensive. And don't go by car, the parking is expensive.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 3, 2012

My girlfriend was in DC for a conference in November of last year (2011) and I decided to join her at this hotel. I can't comment on the price since I didn't pay it (her employer did), but I can say that the people working at the front desk and at the little cafe right beside the lobby were quite friendly. The hotel and rooms were clean. Our king bed was very comfortable.

The hotel is very close to the airport and there was a complementary shuttle that went back and forth every 20-30 minutes.

The only downside is that it was farther away (about a mile or so) than most of the other hotels in the area from the nearest rail station you will use to get to DC. If the weather is decent and you don't mind walking, it's not so bad. We were lucky to have abnormally warm weather when we were visiting.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Front desk staff was ok. Check in was easy. On site parking is your only option at $18 a day. The rooms & hotel were very clean but about an hour into my stay my neighbor banged on the door that connects the two rooms & asked me to shut up (go figure?). My husband & I were having a casual conversation without the television on & she said we were too loud... Although I could hear her television as if it were in our room I did not complain. (Needless to say, we asked for another room away from our rude neighbor.) We could hear the conversations of every person who entered & exited the 5th floor.

This hotel is in a great location, only a few minutes to DC. Lots of great food nearby & a few blocks from great shopping at Pentagon City Mall. The area seems to be very safe.

There is a nice restaraunt in the lobby (we didn't eat there) & a snack area as well.

I personally will not be staying here again. I don't want to hear everything that's going on outside of my room.

If you don't mind the noise, it's a decent stay for the price.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed March 26, 2012

My husband and I were here March 23rd-25th, 2012 to celebrate my husband's birthday. The first night we got back to the hotel around 11pm and the floor we were on was filled with children on a school trip, extremely loud until about 2 am and then there was yelling by students and teachers again at 6:30am..we didn't sleep at all our first night. In fact as we were entering our room that night there were 4 boys in the room across from ours with a teacher and security guard in the door way threatening them that they'd have to call their parents or leave because of their behavior. The next day when we told the reception what an awful night and morning we had, they said nothing but "There is nothing we can do for you"..no refund for our sleepless night and no offer to move us so that our next night wasn't the same experience!! We were very mad and were dreading our second night! Why wouldn't you keep all of the school groups on seperate floors as regular vacationing guests?!? We absolutely understand kids are kids, excited and loud but they should be kept on their own floors!!!

Another complaint we had was that the pillows were AWFUL!! They were "feather" pillows, but were so worn out that they were as flat as an empty pillowcase. We also requested newer pillows or foam pillows to which we were file they had "no pillows to offer us". I found that very hard to believe, we were in a 14 floor hotel and they didn't have 2 different pillows to offer us?? My husband wasn't able to sleep or relax during his birthday weekend away. His back and neck were in pain on top of having sleepless nights.

Last complaint is that the hotel indoor pool was freezing and the hot tub was closed!

On more positive notes: the hotel is extremely clean, check in staff was very friendly, location is excellent..lots of restaurants within walking distance, metro is also very close, 5-10 minute ride into DC, and plenty of hotel parking (even though you must pay per day).

We would definitely come to this area again, Crystal City is wonderful and the Metro ride to DC is great from there, however we wouldn't go back to this hotel. It's a shame that the hotel was wonderful but the pillows and unhelpful/rude staff would keep us away!!

• Stayed: March 2012