The hotel itself is very well kept with modern facilities and a nice trendy lounge/lobby area. Unfortunately, we had a negative experience due to the service of the staff.
- We reserved a room for 4 people (2 on a king bed, 2 on a pull-out sofa). On the first night, I called the desk to ask for extra blankets for the two of us on the sofa. I had earlier looked in the room for blankets; just two sheets were crumpled in a zipper bag in the closet (it was unclear if they were washed or not as there was a small black hair on on one). But after calling, no one brought anything to the room. When I called a second time (45 min. later), someone brought up 4 sheets and said there were no blankets in the entire hotel. The second night, the same thing happened. Though the front desk employee said he would try to locate blankets, they were never found (again I had to call a second time to receive anything--just sheets were finally brought to the room).
- Not enough towels were provided in the bathroom (just three large one when we clearly had four people in the room).
- We had to get to the Crystal City Metro station early on Sunday morning. On Saturday night we asked if the shuttle service would be available for Sunday morning. The clerk promised us that yes, just simply come down and they will do the run for us whenever we needed. On Sunday morning when we came down, we were informed that the Metro shuttle didn't start until 9:30 am and that the metro was not running then (in fact, it was running for a special event that day and opened at 5 am--the Cherry Blossom 10 mile run on April 3, 2011). After arguing and insisting that we were told differently and that we HAD to get to the metro station, the driver finally agreed (note that the station is less than a 5 minute drive away).
On checkout when I asked for directions to Arlington National Cemetery (just a 6 min. drive away), the employee did not know how to get there and could not locate a map for me. Finally, a second employee gave me directions after a few minutes of searching (a map was never found).
There was always a line at least two people deep when I went to the front desk. Though this isn't really a huge issue, after continuously going to the desk to ask for small things, it became a reoccurring issue.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in vibrant Arlington, VA the Courtyard Reagan National Airport Hotel offers ideal accommodations for vacations and business trips alike. This hotel in Crystal City is only half a mile away from DCA Airport and with complimentary shuttle service to the Crystal City Metro Rail Station, the tourist attractions in and around Washington, DC are at guests' fingertips. The hotel is also just minutes to area businesses and government agencies, including the Pentagon, PBS, Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman and IBM. Amenities at this Crystal City, VA hotel include a redesigned lobby with flexible work spaces, free Wi-Fi and easy access to the latest news, weather and airport conditions via our GoBoard. The Bistro provides enhanced food and beverage offerings in the morning and evening dinner service with cocktails. Enjoy comfortable accommodations with flat screen TVs and luxurious Marriott bedding. Break away from business as usual at the Courtyard Arlington Crystal City Reagan Airport (DCA) Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Priceline, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Courtyard Arlington Crystal City / Reagan National Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Arlington Crystal City/Reagan National Airport Hotel Arlington
- Arlington Marriott
- Arlington Courtyard