Red Lion Hotel Rosslyn Iwo Jima
$161
RitzCarlton.com
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 41% below average rates

The price you found is 41% lower than this hotel's average rate of $271/night.

Virginian Suites Arlington(Arlington)(Great Value!)
$89
AscendHotels
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of $128/night.

$93
ComfortInn
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $107/night.

The Westin Arlington Gateway(Arlington)(Great Value!)
$111
$89
Westin.com
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $117/night.

$108
Hampton.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $124/night.

$85
$73
Savings alert! 37% below average rates

The price you found is 37% lower than this hotel's average rate of $116/night.

Econo Lodge Metro(Arlington)(Great Value!)
$102
EconoLodge
$105
$84
Doubletree.com
Savings alert! 33% below average rates

The price you found is 33% lower than this hotel's average rate of $126/night.

Crystal Gateway Marriott(Arlington)(Great Value!)
$119
Savings alert! 45% below average rates

The price you found is 45% lower than this hotel's average rate of $180/night.

Hyatt Centric Arlington(Arlington)(Great Value!)
$97
Priceline
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $120/night.

1,672 results
All reviewsfree parkingledo's pizzaarlington cemeterymetro stationminute walkwalking distancemicrowave and fridgeindoor poolon site restaurantdc areaplace to sleepan older hotelnational mallclose proximityroom was clean and comfortablecoffee makerfew blocks
Reviewed October 27, 2013

My daughter booked this and apologized profusely before I arrived so, having read some of the reviews on tripadvisor, I expected the worst.
The good and the bad of it:
It was clean, quiet and in a decent neighborhood.
The bathroom had a white toilet bowl, blue tank, beige tub white sink and yellow tile on the wall, white on the floor.
The walk to Metro was easy and the staff was accommodating.
Soooo, it was fine since we were only there late at night to sleep and clean up in the AM.

Room Tip: Held the luggage in their office since there was and "in between" days in DC trip to NYC. That was quite helpful.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I was not sure if I wanted to stay at this hotel because of some of the reviews that I read but since I really just needed a place to sleep while we spent the day sight seeing i thought I would take a chance. The location is good and it is about an easy 8 minute walk to the Metro. The neighborhood felt safe so even walking back to the hotel at night was not a worry. There really are not too many places to eat around the hotel. We only ate once at the restaurant at the hotel but the service was so slow (45 minutes to get toast and an egg) that we deiced to not eat there again. Instead we stayed on the Metro after out day in DC and got off at Clarendon Metro stain. Here there were plenty of eating options such as The Cheescake Factory and also there is a Whole Foods where we bought food for breakfast. There is also some nice shops to go shopping. Although the hotel does not have a shuttle it was only a $10.00 cab ride and well worth it. We were in DC for 5 days and bought a Smart Card and loaded it with the $35 7-day pass. Well worth it! It was nice to not have to worry about looking for change and they charge an extra $1 each time you but a paper ticket.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed October 25, 2013

We had a great time in the Washington D. C. area. It was easy to get to all of the major attractions from the hotel. We found the direction sheets that were provided to us at check-in to be very helpful in navigating around the city. Our room was comfortable and clean. The front desk staff were helpful and friendly. The free parking was a nice bonus.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed October 23, 2013

The Iwo Jima Rosslyn is close to the main road, the Iwo Jima memorial and Arlington Cemetery, as well as Rosslyn station. Staff were generally helpful in providing information about shops, restaurants, transport etc.
The free wifi worked intermittently - but that was true of most hotels I stayed at, while travelling with a group of friends. However this hotel was considerably more expensive than we had been paying, and we had hoped for a bit of luxury. My room was above the restaurant and guest reception area, and the smell from smokers was overwhelming.
We stayed in a Best Western Hotel in Halifax which was luxurious, so this hotel was disappointing.
Not good value for money if comparing to similar hotels.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms away from 'smoking' area.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank LindyAussie_10
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I had wanted to visit the Smithsonian Museums in DC for some time. I learned from a friend about some cheap airfares and booked mine then set about accommodation. Having visited the US several times on business, I had an idea what to look for and also that the star system isn't absolute.

Well, anyway. The hotel is well located for the price. The trick to DC is the Metro system. Rosslyn Metro is about half a mile away, about 10-15 mins walk. I managed it with two suitcases so no biggie. Get a SmarTrip (like an Oyster) and you'll be sorted. Compared with the London Underground it's child's play.

My room was very clean, very comfortable bed, good TV. Amazing Wifi - the best I've known in a hotel, anywhere. Staff were always attentive, very helpful and (as is the American Way) polite, but not to the point of discomfort.

The attached Ledo restaurant was good. I ate a few breakfasts there; they were slightly more expensive than I expected but the staff were lovely and free coffee refills!

A couple cons: the fridge was noisy so I unplugged it and the treadmill in the gym was half-broken but I worked round it.

I don't know what more to add. It was perfect for me.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo