“Not worth using your rewards points!!!!”

Best Western Rosslyn/Iwo Jima
Ranked #34 of 51 Hotels in Arlington
“Not worth using your rewards points!!!!”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I stay in a hotel at least 2-3 nights per week for business travel. I figured I'd use some of the millions of rewards points that I've accumulated for a weekend getaway with the family. I was really disappointed. Room was dirty with mold stains throughout bathroom. Beds were not comfortable and linen looked very old and worn. It appeared to be the worse room available in a poorly maintained property. Back to Marriott I go, I won't stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013
3 Thank DETraveler1621

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Westfield, Indiana, Usa
Reviewed April 12, 2013

very good location and very well kept. very good breakfast bar. i plan to stay at this location when we come back. staff very helpful. beautiful place to visit
and very centrally located to everything

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Pembroke Pines, Florida
Reviewed April 10, 2013

nice staff, comfortable hotel, well priced to visit DC. This hotel is near the train and reasonable restaurants.
My only negative was the bed's comfort. The beds need to be updated. they have seen better days....

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Princeton, New Jersey
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I booked this hotel (motel?) for a quick visit to Georgetown University. Based on the map I was studying, it seemed to offer a 1 mile commute to the campus on main arteries. What's more, the good restaurants of Arlington seemed to be close -- even walking distance. I was mistaken.

Because of the highway configuration/ one-way roads, the drive to Georgetown took 20 minutes in a convoluted path that only my Garmin GPS and Smartphone could figure out on my behalf. The drive was rather urban and industrial, leaving my guest to wonder why I claimed that GU was in such a pretty part of DC.

If I wanted to make a good impression, I was 0 for 2 because we did not feel comfortable walking to the good restaurants on Wilson... Although the walk was less than half a mile, the neighborhood between the hotel and dining district did not feel safe or well lit. We ended up driving to Wilson Blvd and choosing a good restaurant for dinner. Wilson Blvd has many restaurants and is clearly a street that caters to evening diners, shoppers and the like.

Suffice it to say, next time I want to show someone GU, I will be staying north of the campus.
I think that visitors who want to use the Metro or walk across the Potomac to DC will find this hotel adequate, however.
The hotel staff is excellent. The manager was efficient, engaging and helpful. He had his hands full with foreigners but was courteous and exceedingly kind to all. The room as large and basic. The bathroom was clean. The appointments were older but in good repair. Nothing was broken. Everything worked as it should. The conference facilities were not being used while we were there overnight. We checked out at 10:00AM and saw that the restaurant had not opened to serve breakfast.

The elevation of the property allowed for good views of the Potomac River.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
IN
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My Husband and I plus our 11 year old grandson stayed at this hotel April 1, 2, 3. It was more of a motel than a hotel. The staff was helpful giving us directions and handouts of where to eat close to the hotel. The room was comfortable and clean. The location is pretty safe and walkable to the Iwo Jima Memorial and Arlington National Cemetery. This hotel is within six blocks of the subway. The parking at the hotel is free.

There is not a breakfast included at this Best Western. There is a pizza restaurant next door but was closed. I believe they serve breakfast but was not available for us. The pool is not very inviting and needs upgrading. It is opened from only 2p.m. - 10p.m. It is large but seems very old. My advice is spend a little more money and get a better hotel. Fortunately the weather was nice in DC so we did lots of touring. Would not have been happy spending much time in our room and in this hotel. I think that is a pretty honest review. Pros and Cons.

Room Tip: Get an interior room not an exterior room
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Doetinchem, The Netherlands
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

We atayes in this hotel for 2 days and it was really good. The reception was helpfull and the check in went fast. The room was really big and the bed was huge. Everything was clean and we had a fridge and a microwave. The hotel is a 8min walk to the subway. So it is a cheap and relaxt way to visit washington. I would reccomend it to anyone.

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank Sjoerd84
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for 7 days. The first room they put us in was in the "motel" part of the hotel and the refrigerator and the alarm clock did not work. The tiles in the bathroom did not match and it appeared very old. They offered to refrigerate our food in the staff refrigerator, and brought us another alarm clock. The WiFi was spotty at best. We were ready to check out after one night and stay somewhere else but they offered to move us to the new part of the hotel (that had an elevator!). Our room was quiet and sufficient, but we had to go to the office so many times (not enough towels, shampoo) and the ice machines did not work most of the time in the whole building. We did not have a problem with the WiFi in the newer buidling. Parking was free which was a real benefit and the location is close to a metro and right across the river from Georgetown. The staff was VERY accommodating and did everything possible to fix our problems. I do not think I would stay in this hotel again because it wasted too much time trying to get the problems fixed.

Room Tip: ask for a room in the newer section of the hotel
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family