“Easy location and reasonable cost for the family”

Virginian Suites Arlington
Ranked #14 of 51 Hotels in Arlington
Boston Area
“Easy location and reasonable cost for the family”
Reviewed May 8, 2009

Went with the kids and the place was celan and comfortable. The metro (close about 10 minute) walk was fine, but at the end fo the day the kids were beat so the walk home from the station was tough. For the price it was a good choice.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
  • Turkish first
Chicago, IL
Reviewed May 4, 2009

The property is in easy walking distance to the Roslyn metro station (10 minutes), which means it is also within walking distance of a Safeway grocery store, CVS pharmacy and some restaurants (check out Ray's Hell Burgers). For a family trip, the large size of the room and the kitchen were a big plus. However, the room was dated and battered, although it seemed clean. The kitchen was missing some basics like a frying pan and spatula, which the hotel could not provide. The main entrance/lobby is very odd and has stairs, without a ramp, going to the front desk and elevators - very inconvenient for luggage. If you only need the basics in a hotel to support your sightseeing, this property fits the bill.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
imagine
Reviewed April 28, 2009

My extended family traveled to Arlington for my mother and father's interment at Arlington National Cemetery. We rented a total of six suites. Everybody was happy with the rooms. We had asked to be placed close to each other, but I suppose we weren't as clear as we should have been that ALL of us had to request the block, not just a few of us telling them who the other parties would be. I won't be traveling back up there for a funeral (all out of parents), but will know next time to have a note prepared for each family requesting a reservation that is the same.

We were within close walking distance of the restaurants and Metro stop in Rosslyn, but there was no restaurant super close by. The continental breakfast was one of the weakest I've ever seen. No bagels, no English muffins. We ate it the first day and then bought things to have in the rooms for the rest of our stay.

Boston, MA
Reviewed April 27, 2009

We just returned from a 5 day stay at the Virginian Suites. It was fantastic! We had a very spacious suite (rm 609) - it was a fabulous view! I had booked it via TravelZoo for a rate of $129 for the 1st 2 nights and $89 a pnight for the last 2 nights. It was well worth the money. The suite itself was spacious and well appointed.

The Metro was a 10 min walk, plus the hotel offers a shuttle service M-F. There was a nice continental breakfast served each morning on the 3rd floor - another great added bonus for the cost. Parking was free.

The staff was courteous enough but didn't go overboard to try and help you. It was fine with us.

My only complaint is there is no handicapped accessibility in the front lobby - only stairs. So, you have to drag all your luggage up the stairs. It didn't really take away from the experience.

The airplanes from National airport take off at all hours. We got used to the noise pretty quickly but it was noisy at first and our kids were complaining.

Massachusetts
Reviewed April 25, 2009

We just spent the week at the Virginia Suites. The location was great. We walked most of the time to the metro, also to Iwo Jima Memorial. There is no shuttle on the weekend. We did take the shuttle during the week a few times since it was raining. We had a 1 BR suite with 2 dbl beds and a pull out sofa. I slept on the pull out which wasn't real comfortable but it was to be expected of a sofa bed. My only complaint since I was in the LR area was the slamming of doors in the early morning and late in the evening. i was frequently awakened by the noise. My family did not hear this from the BR. I thought the staff was very helpful. I asked for extra towels and had several bath and hand towels delivered. It was perfect for a family to be able to have breakfast, make sandwiches and heat up meals in the evening.

Wilmington, NC
Reviewed April 23, 2009

We spent a week at the Virginian. My only complaint would be that housekeeping never left the right amount of towels. However, a phone call to the front desk, and towels were brought up promptly.

We tried to use the heat during one of the colder nights. Our wall heater would not kick on. Within what seemed like minutes, a heater was brought to our room. I don't know how the guy got there so fast!

We were comfortable with our studiio...2 queens and a pull out. If I had to do it over, I would get a room with 2 TV's and a dining table. The bathroom was a little tight, but we made do.

The hotel was one of the quietest I have ever stayed at. The only noise I heard came from the planes flying in and out of the airport and a little bit of traffic.

I had read a review about an uncomfortable mattress. Ours was great! I wanted to bring it home with me.

We never used the hotel shuttle. The Metro is very close along with a CVS and a Safeway grocery store. If you drive to Safeway and park in the garage..make sure to get your ticket validated at the store at it's $8 an hr. There is a Starbucks in that same area.

Iwo Jima, Arlington Cemetery (side entrance) and the Netherlands Carillon are all just a couple blocks down the hill.

Within walking distance, we ate at the Santa Fe Cafe and Quartermaster. Both were excellent. There is a delivery service to your room from Dr Delivery if you want to order out. However, there are a lot of fees added to your order. We made the mistake of ordering out from them and never did it again.

Connecticut
Reviewed April 15, 2009

My wife, our two small children, and I stayed in the hotel last week.
All I want to say, it is great for the family trip to Washington, DC.
We paid $119 per night for one bedroom suite + $7 per day for parking.
Very good location. 8 minutes to walk to Metro station. 15 minutes drive to the National Mall area (in medium traffic).
Very good service, clean rooms. If we ever needed anything the staff were ready to help right away

1 Thank amedvedovski