“Clean, Comfortable & Good Location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Virginian Suites Arlington

Virginian Suites Arlington
Ranked #13 of 51 Hotels in Arlington
Massachusetts
“Clean, Comfortable & Good Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2009

We just spent the week at the Virginia Suites. The location was great. We walked most of the time to the metro, also to Iwo Jima Memorial. There is no shuttle on the weekend. We did take the shuttle during the week a few times since it was raining. We had a 1 BR suite with 2 dbl beds and a pull out sofa. I slept on the pull out which wasn't real comfortable but it was to be expected of a sofa bed. My only complaint since I was in the LR area was the slamming of doors in the early morning and late in the evening. i was frequently awakened by the noise. My family did not hear this from the BR. I thought the staff was very helpful. I asked for extra towels and had several bath and hand towels delivered. It was perfect for a family to be able to have breakfast, make sandwiches and heat up meals in the evening.

• 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
  • Turkish first
Wilmington, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2009

We spent a week at the Virginian. My only complaint would be that housekeeping never left the right amount of towels. However, a phone call to the front desk, and towels were brought up promptly.

We tried to use the heat during one of the colder nights. Our wall heater would not kick on. Within what seemed like minutes, a heater was brought to our room. I don't know how the guy got there so fast!

We were comfortable with our studiio...2 queens and a pull out. If I had to do it over, I would get a room with 2 TV's and a dining table. The bathroom was a little tight, but we made do.

The hotel was one of the quietest I have ever stayed at. The only noise I heard came from the planes flying in and out of the airport and a little bit of traffic.

I had read a review about an uncomfortable mattress. Ours was great! I wanted to bring it home with me.

We never used the hotel shuttle. The Metro is very close along with a CVS and a Safeway grocery store. If you drive to Safeway and park in the garage..make sure to get your ticket validated at the store at it's $8 an hr. There is a Starbucks in that same area.

Iwo Jima, Arlington Cemetery (side entrance) and the Netherlands Carillon are all just a couple blocks down the hill.

Within walking distance, we ate at the Santa Fe Cafe and Quartermaster. Both were excellent. There is a delivery service to your room from Dr Delivery if you want to order out. However, there are a lot of fees added to your order. We made the mistake of ordering out from them and never did it again.

Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2009

My wife, our two small children, and I stayed in the hotel last week.
All I want to say, it is great for the family trip to Washington, DC.
We paid $119 per night for one bedroom suite + $7 per day for parking.
Very good location. 8 minutes to walk to Metro station. 15 minutes drive to the National Mall area (in medium traffic).
Very good service, clean rooms. If we ever needed anything the staff were ready to help right away

1 Thank amedvedovski
Bogota, Colombia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2009

I read plenty reviews before settling on the Virginian Suites, but ultimately decided on the price and the convenience.

The staff are really friendly, efficient and helpful. Had no problem with them. The room we choose, a studio that has a queen bed a pull-out bed couch, kitchen with all the essentials, was clean and complemented with brochures. There was a large TV, and a distant wi-fi signal that barely reaches the room, I reccomend going down to the lobby where its better.

There was no breakfast or such, we knew that beforehand, so we knew we had to bring some basic things for cooking, other things we had to buy in a supermarket that is somewhat far from the hotel but nothing too distant. The shuttle service to the Metro station and back is very convenient, specially in the afternoon.

I reccomend this hotel to anyone travelling to D.C, the hotel keeps improving.

1 Thank ThinkingCamilo
honolulu, hi
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2009

My family spent three nights at the hotel. Unfortunately, we did not receive much help from the front desk. Same gal. She appeared to be overworked. We were never told about the continental breakfast when we checked in -- glad I read the reviews ahead of time. We found it very convenient to grab something in the morning before we headed out for the day. There were a few electrical issues (lamp not working, nothing major) and they were fixed promptly. The kitchen was smaller than pictured but good enough for us. The towels were small and stiff. The toiletries were small so pack your own! The pullout sofa bed was okay with my 11-year old but would've been unacceptable for most adults. I wish the hotel had round the clock shuttle service and free use of the computer ($1.00 for 3 minutes). All in all, the hotel was decent for the price we paid.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Turlock, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2009

My husband and I were there with our 11 year old daughter to sight see in DC. This place is located directly across the river from the DC mall in Arlington, not far from the Roslynn Metro station. From there you can get into DC in minutes. The hotel provides a free shuttle to the metro in the morning and evening hours. You could also walk to the metro in about 15 minutes or less, but there are some busy streets to cross. The hotel grounds seemed safe and quiet. Our room was a one bedroom suite- w/o the breakfast option. It was huge, like a small apartment and had a full, equiped kitchen with dishes, pans, utensils and had a view of Roslynn, VA. We saved a lot of money and time by making our own breakfasts and dinners--(micro TV dinners) most nights. A Safeway, shopping mall and numerous eating places are within a mile or so away in Roslynn. Our non-smoking suite was generally clean and maintained. It did have a slight stale smoke odor that was reduced by opening the windows to let in some fresh air. The worst problem was the mattress, it was either worn out or really cheap and sagged in the middle. We also had to call maintenance to fix a plugged toilet and tub the first night, but no problems after that. Overall, we were willing to overlook a few minor issues for a condo-like suite in this location for under $200 per night.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2009

I had planned a special trip for my elderly disabled mom which I expect to be the last for us to see the Cherry Blossom Festival & attend The National Cathedral Palm Sunday Mass which she dearly loves, so I really needed to find a hotel with suites. I usually always stayed at the Washing Suites in Alexandria, but this year wanted something a little closer to the Church. When I first discovered the ad for the Virginian Suites Hotel, I read all the mixed reviews & almost cancelled our stay there. I am glad I didn't. Everyone was so helpful, the room was just as shown in their ad & cleaner than some hospitals I've been in...Will definately return next time. Don't let other reviews throw you off - Thanks to the Staff!

• Stayed April 2009