Virginian Suites Arlington
$161
RitzCarlton.com
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of $234/night.

The Westin Arlington Gateway(Arlington)(Great Value!)
$111
$89
Westin.com
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $113/night.

$93
ComfortInn
$81
$73
Savings alert! 37% below average rates

The price you found is 37% lower than this hotel's average rate of $115/night.

$68
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of $87/night.

$108
Hampton.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $119/night.

Econo Lodge Metro(Arlington)(Great Value!)
$102
EconoLodge
$105
$84
Doubletree.com
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of $112/night.

Crystal Gateway Marriott(Arlington)(Great Value!)
$119
Savings alert! 56% below average rates

The price you found is 56% lower than this hotel's average rate of $225/night.

Hyatt Centric Arlington(Arlington)(Great Value!)
$97
Priceline
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $121/night.

All reviewsfull kitchenseparate kitchenthe iwo jima memorialgas stovefree pizzadc arealiving roommetro stationminute walkshuttle serviceoutdoor poolgrocery storefree shuttlefront desk staffrooms are largelaundry roomcontinental breakfast
Reviewed July 15, 2014

I've stayed at Virginian Suites for a few times and this time, I feel compelled to write a review. I'd like to start with the positives first. The hotel has very competitive rates, the government offers room and ride package (car rental), includes dinners Mon-Thur (optional pizza Wed) and breakfast. The cleaning service is great, and one of the hotel staff, Ryan was outstanding in how he resolved an issue. My rental car did not arrive on time, so he got a driver with a comfortable vehicle and the hotel took care of the expense. This was indeed a great way he made up for the inconvenience and this I appreciate very much. The hotel's rooms are adequate, not overly new. The elevators are a bit slow for the amount of guests in the building, and the work-around is taking the stairways. The great thing about the hotel is the location. The quality of breakfast is so-so. A lot of pre-packaged sandwiches, yogurt, bagels, fruit and boiled eggs. The internet is slow and drops a few times. The hotel is sufficent and has it's goods and bads. I would stay here again, depending on what my itinerary calls. There is room for improvement in service although there are a lot of hard workers in place. Accuracy needs to be improved, but all in all, if I rate it, I would give it 3.5 stars but b/c of the value I'm upping it to 4. The bed is very comfortable and I also like the closet/hallway where I can dress as soon as I get out of the shower. More hangers and dressers would help with storage as well and a possible installation of faster elevators!! Keep those smiles up and improving the services!!

Room Tip: Get a 1-bedroom suite if you can. More space and privacy.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank BoTravels
Eda M, Manager at Virginian Suites Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2014

Dear BoTravels,

Thank you for staying with us and for writing your review. I am very pleased to hear that you found our rates very competitive, the beds comfortable and our location convenient. The Room and Ride package is very popular and I am glad to hear that you found it suitable for your visit. I just shared your nice comments with Ryan and he can't stop smiling. I am very happy that he resolved the vehicle issue to your satisfaction. I would like to ensure you that we will take all your suggestions into consideration so that we can provide you with superior service next time you stay with us.

On behalf of all of us at the Virginian Suites we look forward to your next visit from Florida.

Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

My husband, son and I stayed here when I was in town for business. The front desk staff could not have been nicer for the most part. The rating comes from the room, price we paid and location. The room was aged, lumpy beds, well used furniture and kitchen ( I would not cook in there unless I bleached well). The shuttle is a plus, but the front desk allowed it to take some guests to historical spots for free (like Arlington Cemetery). When I asked how to get there I was told to take a cab. But other than that issue I was treated well here. It is a bit far from metro and food places however, the shuttle helps that issue. I probably will not stay again unless housekeeping dramatically improves.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Shell_collectr

Shell_collectr,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write your review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you found our staff attentive for the most part. I am very disappointed that we didn't exceed your expectations during your visit with us and I will make sure that I communicate the issues to the appropriate departments so that we can address them immediately. Please contact me directly with more details on your recent stay so that I can have the opportunity to redeem any situations you encountered to your satisfaction.

We do hope that you give us another chance and we look forward to your return visit in the near future.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed July 12, 2014

I was going to DC for a business trip and decided to head up early with my college age son who was on break for a bit of site seeing. So I wasn't looking for anything fancy or special, just a nice place to stay that didn't cost too much that was close to a metro. And we loved it... I didn't realize it was only blocks away from the Iwo Jima Memorial until we got there. The shuttle over to the metro each morning made it nice. The folks working the desk were always professional and nice. I had a favorite in the Arlington area for personal travel that I had always stayed at before but their rates were ridiculous for the time we were coming over. This was in the price range I was hoping for and it exceeded my expectations. Thanks Virginian Suites!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Dear Shawntheo,

Thank you for staying with us and for writing your review. I am thrilled to hear than not only did we meet, but we also exceeded your expectations! I am happy to hear that our front desk staff and our convenient location along with our competitive prices were a big part of your overall positive experience during your visit.

On behalf of all of us at the Virginian Suites we look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed July 10, 2014

Overall it was a great stay. I'll start with the positives. The room was wonderful. The bed was extremely comfortable with a pillow top mattress. There was a dressing room, two closets,dresser, and a full kitchen with a stove and full size refrigerator. It was fully stocked with pots/pans, dishes, even down to salt and pepper. There was a full size desk and a sitting room with a couch, coffee table, and TV. It was very clean and comfortable. The location was close to the city and a 10 minute walk to the metro and Arlington Cemetery. A 5 minute walk gave us a view of the Washington Monument where we watched the fireworks on the 4th of July. The front desk was very accommodating in calling a taxi and cost was minimal to get a ride to the metro ($6). It is only a 10 minute or less ride to the monuments and the metro runs every 12 minutes.
Negatives - hotel charges $12 a day for parking (not mentioned on website). If you are handicapped you can't get to the front desk from the front entrance (but you can park near the ramp behind the hotel and come down the elevator. You can't wheel a cart to the front door to unload since there are several steps so you have to carry your bags up the steps to the cart. Breakfast was "ok" but the only coffee choice is french roast, food choices other than fruit were mostly packaged fare and I think there is a charge if you are not a Choice customer (I heard someone say they paid but I am a Choice Rewards member). There are no ice machines, you have to empty the provided ice cube trays in your freezer and refill (I had forgotten how hard they are to twist and empty since I have an ice maker at home).

Room Tip: 3rd floor is where breakfast is, the fitness room, and pool. Higher floors have a better chance of getting on the elevator when all the floors are going to breakfast or checking out.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Sharon L,

On behalf of all of us at the Virginian Suites I would like to thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to write your review. I am very happy to hear that overall your experience with us was great. I appreciate your nice comments about our accommodating Front Desk Team, convenient location and wonderful rooms. Compared to other hotels in the area, our parking prices are very reasonable, however, I would like to apologize that we didn't inform you of that charge at check in. Please email me with more details so that I can make sure I remove those charges from your bill. As far as the ice machines go, it is true that we don't have them on the floors for our guests to use, however we are more than happy to bring you ice buckets to your room at your request.
Please contact me directly with any future reservations so that my team and I can make sure we provide you with a superior experience next time you stay with us.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

Just let me list the positives:
-Excellent location and value
-Excellent and helpful staff
-Roomy and comfortable suites with well-stocked full kitchens
-Great breakfast
-Nice exercise room and pool area
I don't think you can go wrong staying at The Virginian. It is an older hotel and they have done a great job keeping it updated with the modern conveniences. If there was one thing that I would change, it is that I wish that the shuttle to the Rosslyn Metro station would run over the weekend, at least once or twice an hour. Other than that, great place! Would stay there again without any qualms.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Felicianawanderer

Dear Felicianawanderer,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write this wonderful review. I am thrilled to hear that your recent stay at the Virginian Suites, Arlington was excellent! I appreciate your kind comments regarding our excellent location and value, helpful staff as well as our spacious and comfortable suites and our tasty breakfast selection. I am also happy to hear that you enjoyed our exercise room and pool area. I understand and like your suggestion about the shuttle on the weekends. Even though it is only a short walk to the metro, I know it is very convenient to have the shuttle available. This is something we are working on and hopefully very soon we will have it available on the weekends, as well.

On behalf of everyone at the Virginian Suites we look forward to your return visit in the near future.

Warmest regards,