“Enjoyable stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #13 of 51 Hotels in Arlington
Lexington, Kentucky
“Enjoyable stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2014

I am glad that I got to choose Virginian Suites Hotel among all other hotel options I had. Me and my husband had an amazing experience there even though we had to cut our trip short. We loved our one bedroom Queen suite with separate living room and a big full kitchen. The downside is there is no restaurant in the hotel but we could go walk to the closest restaurant Quarterdeck next door or order food from outside in our room. Very nice and professional staff, the shuttle service to the metro and grocery every weekday, comfortable and spacious rooms, great location and very affordable price made our stay extraordinary. Our special thanks to the reception staff Mahamed, Sakda and Hyro - as well I don't remember his name but he was this Indian looking maintenance man was very helpful with the internet problem we were having that night. Thank you once again for providing us such a wonderful experience. We are looking forward to come back in August!

Room Tip: we always love higher floors for better views
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Kim L
Eda M, Manager at Virginian Suites Arlington, responded to this review, May 3, 2014
Dear Kim L,
Thank you for staying with us and for providing us with your feedback. I am delighted to hear that you and your husband had an amazing experience here at the Virginian Suites, Arlington. I appreciate your kind comments about our complimentary shuttle, spacious & comfortable rooms, convenient location and affordable prices. It also makes me extremely happy to hear that Saktah, Mohammad, Jairo and Kamran (our maintenance man that matches your description) went above and beyond to make sure that your stay with us is as comfortable as possible.

On behalf of all of us here at the Virginian Suites, we look forward to your return visit from Kentucky in August!

Best Wishes,
-Eda Marzolo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
  • Turkish first
Hamden, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2014

Best hotel staff I have ever met. All of them are willing to go above and beyond to make sure you feel at home. It was great having a kitchen in the room so I could prepare my own meals given that I was there so long. There is also a vast array of restaurants that deliver should you want takeout. The short walk to the metro made it convenient to head into DC even during off shuttle hours. The Virginian Suites truly became a home away from home and I plan to stay here for all relevant business ventures.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Katrina H
Dear Katrina,

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to submit this wonderful review. I am thrilled to hear that our staff went above and beyond to make you feel at home! Please contact me directly with any future reservations so that my team and I can make sure your next stay is as good as the previous one.

On behalf of all of us here at the Virginian Suites, Arlington, we look forward to your next visit!

emarzolo@virginiansuites.com
Landrum, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2014

This is one of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed in because of the staff and the amenities. The location helps with this review also. We enjoyed a free ride from the hotel's van to the Metro and then took cabs everywhere else. The room was very comfortable and extremely clean. The kitchen was a dream to have and we ordered from their suggested menus at local venues. Our bed was comfortable and the Queen suite had so much room. Thank you for a wonderful stay!!!

Room Tip: We were on the 7th floor and this was just fine. The elevator did not take long even considering the...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kimmieSC
Dear KimmieSC,

Thank for this excellent review! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and were satisfied with our staff & amenities. Your comments have been shared with my team and they are highly appreciated.

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your return visit.

Falls Church, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2014

Even though the area is a little different than expected, the hotel renovations, staff, and accommodations were great. Saktah helped me get an excellent view and the room was clean. Plenty of towels, fast and efficient, the the full kitchen suite was perfect. Only 5 minutes from DC or you could walk anywhere too. Amazing price too considering we went to 2-3 other places too.

Room Tip: The bigger the room the better, even though it's more it's worth it.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Arlen M
Eda M, Manager at Virginian Suites Arlington, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Arlen M,

Thank you so much for this excellent review. It makes me very happy to hear that one of the main factors that contributed towards your good experience was our excellent service. I will make sure I share your nice comments with Saktah since it seems like she went above and beyond to make sure you were 100% satisfied. I, also, appreciate your kind comments about our convenient location, excellent prices and full kitchens.

On behalf of all of us here at the Virginian Suites, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your return visit.

Warm Regards,
Auburn, Kentucky, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014

We enjoyed our stay here very much. We decided on this hotel because of the trip advisor ratings and because of the great online price. The staff was very friendly and were very helpful with directions and area restaurants. The room was large and it was great to have a refrigerator. The hotel is older but it just gives it some character. I would stay here again without second thought if I am ever come back to this area.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank Lynn M
Eda M, Manager at Virginian Suites Arlington, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Lynn M,

Thank you for staying with us and for writing your review. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I appreciate your kind comments about the spaciousness of our suites and our friendly staff. We sure do hope that you visit the area again and it will be a pleasure to welcome you to our hotel again.

Again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your return visit from Kentucky.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014

In all of my forty years if travel, this hotel is by far the best I have ever experienced. The rooms were spotlessly clean, plenty of towels, thefront desk check in was fast and efficient. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in that area without hesitation. The continental breakfast was delicious.

• Stayed March 2014
3 Thank leachpaulette
Eda M, Manager at Virginian Suites Arlington, responded to this review, March 29, 2014
Leachpaulette,

Thank you so much for this excellent review and for staying with us. It is a huge compliment to have people such as yourself that travel all the time recommend us. I appreciate your positive comments about the cleanliness of our suites, the front desk team and the delicious breakfast.
Again, thank you for recommending us and we look forward to your next visit.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

I have stayed at this former apartment house, turned hotel, over the years and have never been disappointed. Every suite has full kitchen facilities. It is always clean and well tended, with a very motivated staff. Location is super with DC Metro about 10 minutes walk. In addition, there is a very attractive outdoor pool in season. For the price plus amenities, it would be very difficult to match this home away from home.
Recently, I inadvertently left some clothing in a bureau drawer after checkout, which was promptly mailed to my address.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
5 Thank Alan K
Mr. Alan K,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Virginian Suites and for being a loyal guest. Making you feel at home is one of our main goals, so I am delighted to hear that you consider us your home away from home! It makes me even happier to hear that the friendliness of our staff, our convenient location, the cleanliness of our suites, the price and our amenities have contributed towards that.
Please contact me directly with any future reservations so that my team and I can make sure your stay is perfect every single time.

On behalf of everyone here at the Virginian Suites, we look forward to your next visit from New York!

E-mail: emarzolo@virginiansuites.com