My boyfriend and I stayed here for a week-long trip to Washington DC. The metro is a 10-15 minute walk away (but we generally used the free hotel shuttle to/from the metro), and the ride into downtown DC was quick and easy. We loved having the full kitchen in the suite, and we saved a lot of money making meals in our room rather than eating out every meal. The room was clean, comfortable, and quiet. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful, and we liked having coffee, tea, and lemonade available in the lobby.
The hotel isn't especially close to eating/shopping, but we tended to go to DC for those things anyway. The Safeway grocery was a quick (but entirely uphill) walk, and we ended up taking a cab back to the hotel rather than carry our groceries back. The hotel shuttle does go there once daily, but just not at the time we were going.
I would recommend the Virginian Suites to others looking for a spacious, clean, comfortable, and affordable place to stay in the DC area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Meet Virginian Suites Arlington. Loaded with personality, this exceptional hotel features one-bedroom and studio suites in a highly desirable location, just minutes from downtown DC and closer to Arlington National Cemetery than any other hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Choice Hotels, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Virginian Suites Arlington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Virginian Suites Arlington Hotel Arlington
- Virginian Hotel Arlington
- The Virginian Hotel