We were attending a wedding over Memorial Day weekend on the grounds of the Jefferson Memorial, with a reception to follow at the Top of the Town reception hall a block from this hotel. So this was the official suggested hotel for the wedding, so we stayed here. Given Washington hotel prices I thought this was an excellent value for around $120 a night. We got a spacious room with a queen bed, walk-in closet, couch, upholstered chair, large desk and desk chair, and a full kitchen -- full size refrigerator, four-burner stove, oven, microwave, sink, and all necessary utensils. The view wasn't much -- despite being on the 9th floor, all we couild see was trees. (The hotel is built into a hill, so the entrance on the back of the hotel is the 4th floor.) The room was scrupulously clean. Big flat planel TV with good selection of channels. So-so water pressure and as others have noted it takes a few minutes for the water to get really hot. Didn't use the small exercise room. Outdoor pool was scheduled to open Memorial Day, the day we checked out. Location was very convenient, walking distance to Arlington Cemetery, the Iwo Jima memorial, and Rosslyn's business district (BAE, etc.). It's a quick 10 minute walk to the Rosslyn Metro station, which takes you quickly to all the National Mall tourist attractions. Good crab shack style restaurant called the Quarterdeck just up the hill behind the hotel, a five minute walk (there's a good convenience store there too to stock up your room). We would definitely stay here again for a DC visit (especially since hotels close to the National Mall run $300-$400 a night). My only complaint was that it was Memorial Day weekend, when tends of thousands of Harley riders converge on DC for something called Rolling Thunder, and they started firing up their obnoxiously loud bikes at 6:30 or 7 in the morning...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Meet Virginian Suites Arlington. Loaded with personality, this exceptional hotel features one-bedroom and studio suites in a highly desirable location, just minutes from downtown DC and closer to Arlington National Cemetery than any other hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Choice Hotels, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Virginian Suites Arlington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Virginian Suites Arlington Hotel Arlington
- Virginian Hotel Arlington
- The Virginian Hotel