If you want to be treated like a snobby guest, go to the Arlington Palomar (STUNNING and wonderful property; two blocks away), but if you need comfort and a home-like feel, THIS is the place. High rating for relaxation... not the five-star kind, but the "real" kind.
At one time the was an apartment building. For an apartment, the units are a nice size, but for a hotel, it is incredible. I've been here over six times in the last ten years. I've shared this treasure with friends, and they too have loved it. One more perk, as it is in a residential area, it is much more quiet than any inner city hotel. Route 50 is night next to the hotel, but more like the sound of a distant ocean. NO sirens.
Aside from a very nice kitchen (not just a wet bar), I guess I like the beds the best. They are firm, hefty and warm. Wonderful, soft linen. They really did a great job on the beds. I was coming here before they got the new beds. VAST improvement. GOOD job!!!
This stay I was in the room with a separate bedroom; I think I like the studio better. Still a nice kitchen and lots of closet space, but it is just easier when it is all in one room.
The staff is friendly, but not stuffy. They are more earthy and sincere. Certainly not as polished the five-star hotel. But frankly, I'd prefer the gentleness over the crisp coolness common to upscale properties. And the staff do well. I know that it mattered that I was comfortable.
Metro is a 10 minute walk, and they have a shuttle if you are too lazy to enjoy the walk. The views of the city are worth the walk. The path goes right by the Iwo Jima Memorial.
Value. While I am sure I've come at the best times for low rates, I think they are seriously competitive. Just something to keep in mind.
Cons? Well, the HVAC is fine, but in the winter, I found it to be a bit warm. You can choose low, medium or high... no temp control. I CAN live with this... I just turn it off entirely and open the window a little if I get too warm. And secondly, I almost hate to say it because it is clear they are trying their best, I'm thinking it might be time for some new carpet. It is clean and attractive, but it is showing some ware.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Meet Virginian Suites Arlington. Loaded with personality, this exceptional hotel features one-bedroom and studio suites in a highly desirable location, just minutes from downtown DC and closer to Arlington National Cemetery than any other hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Choice Hotels, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Virginian Suites Arlington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Virginian Suites Arlington Hotel Arlington
- Virginian Hotel Arlington
- The Virginian Hotel