I traveled to D.C. for business and brought my husband and toddler along so needed a hotel room that would be big enough for the 3 of us to spend a couple of days without bumping into one another and be under the government per diem rate. After reading the reviews for the Virginian Suites I had low expectations and was pleasantly surprised. We stayed in room 321, which had been recently renovated with all new furniture and appliances. They haven't worked out the kinks in the room (i.e. there's no outlet to plug in the desk lamp the way the desk is positioned and the microwave doesn't quite fit on the shelf properly) but whatever. We had an issue with the heating in the room and had to sleep with the a/c, but that was more because we had some unseasonably warm weather in November. The biggest down side for me was that housekeeping started vacuuming the hallways around 9pm. I asked housekeeping why they were doing it and they said because the owners were coming. I called the front desk and asked them about it and they said it was normal for them to vacuum at night. So, overall for the price, the Virginian Suites can't be beat. If they switch to day time vacuuming the prices might go up.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Meet Virginian Suites Arlington. Loaded with personality, this exceptional hotel features one-bedroom and studio suites in a highly desirable location, just minutes from downtown DC and closer to Arlington National Cemetery than any other hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Choice Hotels, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Virginian Suites Arlington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Virginian Suites Arlington Hotel Arlington
- Virginian Hotel Arlington
- The Virginian Hotel