1,234 results
All reviews pentagon city two bedroom suite metro station full kitchen mile radius free breakfast pool and hot tub within walking distance dc area front desk staff grocery store two blocks the air force memorial free shuttle living area whole foods pull out sofa
Selected filters
Reviewed January 1, 2020 via mobile

Nice rooms but disappointing stay. Coffee and tea are not available in lobby. I know it's available in room but milk is not. Always nice to have a hot cup of tea at end of day. The breakfast isn't Marriott usual. I was disappointed. Given I travel Marriott weekly for work. Room was nice and clean and local to great shopping and dc is 2 min drive

Date of stay: January 2020
1  Thank TanyaDion
Reviewed December 29, 2019 via mobile

While no hotel is perfect, overall I felt that the hotel was great, and especially for the price.

Positives:
- room size and amenities like a dishwasher, dishes, full fridge, microwave and stove.
-Excellent free buffet breakfast with good quality and diversity. It included a few kinds of eggs, sausage, ham, fresh watermelon, fresh honeydew, and fresh pineapple. They had a few solid cereals, oatmeal, and toppings including raisins, brown sugar, sliced almonds, & walnuts.
-Room size, cleanliness, and quality
-Price during our stay for the $ rate which was much better than the points rate
-Location
-Fitness center and indoor pool
-Fast service if you call or go in person
-Kind and professional staff including plenty of help in the dining area.
-The person at the front desk upgraded us to a Pentagon view with my gold status after I asked if one was available.

Negatives:
- Quality of sofa bed for sleeping. The 1st night for my brother in law in another room trying to go to sleep on the sofa bed was rough. The bar was easily felt going through the center of the bed and the bed was too short to go sideways comfortably. He ended up folding up the bed and trying to sleep on the couch. They normally charge extra ($20?) but waived it in light of his difficulty sleeping with the bed quality the 1st night
-They have a pull up bar in their gym but a normal sized adult can't do a pull up without hitting their head on the ceiling because the ceiling is so low.
-They have a rule against >4 people being in a bedroom at any time, regardless of time, age, beverages or noise volume. That said, the options in the lobby and around the breakfast area are great and include a fireplace, TV's, booths (pictured), and chargers. The booths are limited (2 of that style I believe) and only have 2 outlets so you might want to bring a power strip if you need more like I carry.
- One of the water dispensers downstairs stopped working during our stay, but when a staff member saw me attempting to use it they offered a bottle.
- Price of parking ($33/night): We skipped out on this cost by finding free parking elsewhere while another vehicle in our party (we had 3 rooms) bit the bullet. Street parking is available adjacent to the hotel that lasts up to 12 hrs at a time and is free on Sundays and holidays with decent availability on Sundays.
- cup size for water & juice downstairs were like a mini size instead of a small. The coffee cup size is a more standard small size (pictured with the other 2) so I just used a coffee cup for water and juice at breakfast.
- There were only 2 juice options the morning I had breakfast and apple wasn't 1 of them. A 3rd would have been nice. The teas I believe were all black or green. It would have been nice to have hibiscus, berry, ginger or other herbal options.

Date of stay: December 2019
Reviewed December 8, 2019

First time at this Residence Inn for a 3 night stay on a solo business trip. I have stayed at others in the DC area and across the US. This is what you would expect from this type of property. Clean and spacious. It is a 5 minute walk to a Whole Foods market and 10mins to the upscale Pentagon City mall all in a safe area. It is also close to the Pentagon which is a 5 mins walk away. You can easily see both the Whole Foods market and Pentagon from the 14th floor of the hotel. The room is classic Residence Inn with full kitchen and living area. It was quiet and I didn't hear any noise even though I had neighbors. Slept well on the comfortable bed. Comforter was not thick enough so used the extra blanket. Air conditioning was loud enough that I turned it off at night and refrigerator was also a bit noisy. The breakfast was the about the same each day with hot items including scrambled eggs, bacon, turkey sausage, breads, cereal, and oatmeal. The arrangement of the food kept things moving along with two sides of the breakfast area with the same items. Very efficient. Other Residence Inns just have one line. Staff was friendly and efficient for both check in and check out. Would return again if in the area.

Date of stay: December 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed November 26, 2019

Let me get the negatives out of the way:

The building is a little dated and the area around the hotel is a little barren. I could see someone building a little shopping center next door to the hotel. Otherwise, our view out of one of the windows was just an empty lot.

Also, the parking. Arlington always charges for parking, so of course the hotel does, too. Not really the hotel's fault and just a product of the area.

Now for the good stuff:

Spacious rooms. As a Marriott Bonvoy member, I was able to upgrade to a 2-bedroom suite. Bedroom 1 had a king bed and bedroom 2 had two queen size beds! For once, my two sons were able to have a bed of their own without us using the sofa bed (there was one of those, too).

Friendly staff, from the front desk to the manager, who brought me a huge bag of ice to take with me, we were greeted by very friendly people. We also had a nice conversation with the lady at the front desk who drove us in the shuttle to the metro station. We could have called the shuttle to pick us up again when we returned, but it turned out the walk was only a couple of blocks.

The complimentary breakfast was also excellent. It consisted of a lot of food items with attentive staff to clear off your table. Plus, there is a coffee station that included a ice coffee, which is rare to see.

Date of stay: October 2019
Reviewed November 25, 2019

Very comfortable room—actually with two separate bedrooms and living area, which included a kitchenette. We had everything we needed to stay 2 weeks. The breakfast staff, including Gladys, was very helpful and accommodating for me and my two little kids. We are grateful for our stay.

Date of stay: November 2019