“Excellent Value, But Limited Compared to Neighbors”

Residence Inn Arlington Pentagon City
Ranked #2 of 51 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersBronze level
Tallahassee, Florida
“Excellent Value, But Limited Compared to Neighbors”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014

I decided to try the Residence Inn Arlington Pentagon because I love Marriott brands and had recently stayed at the neighboring Marriott Crystal Gateway and wanted to compare the two. First, I can't take anything away from Residence Pentagon. The location was superb, the staff wonderful, the price an excellent value. Of course it goes without saying that the room was emaculate, the staff very friendly, knowledgeable and ready to help. But compared to a hotel with a restaurant just blocks away, I did feel the absence of those amenities.

The view was great but I wouldn't make that a decision-maker again like I did this time. I would stay at one of the other properties next time and enjoy the food service.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank thegozguy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (274)
Centerville, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

I've stayed here numerous times and always have a pleasant experience. It's convenient in that it is close to work, the metro & shopping. Complimentary breakfast, light dinner and drinks is a big bonus. Staff are always friendly and the premises are clean.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Scott M
Raleigh, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

The arrival experience was unnerving and unpleasant. KC was the agent who checked me in. He was obviously "not in the mood" and was more preoccupied with whatever else was going on in the lobby than attempting to be pleasant or inviting. He never welcomed me to the Marriott nor did he even acknowledge me until approximately 5 minutes after I had been standing at the desk patiently waiting to check in.

The experience was so bad, the other family members that were going to check in with me, witnessed the experience and cancelled their reservations on the spot. Although the hotel is nice and newly renovated, the service left a lot to be desired.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Glenn W, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Pentagon City, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Rsidence Inn at Pentagon City. I was very upset to read that you were treated in such a manner by one of our associates. I am very interested in hearing more about your experience. Please call me at (703)413-6595 if you would be willing to discuss your visit with me further.

Again, I deeply apologize and hope that I can personally hear your story and apologize to you personally.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

We stayed 2 nights over the weekend. Everyone from the desk staff, manager on duty, security, kitchen and courtesy driver were all very polite and eager to help.
Our room had an excellent view across the street over looking the Pentagon and beyond that, across the river, many of the monuments. The room was a suite with kitchen, comfortable living room area and warm, comfortable bed. The heating and controls worked well, which was important as we arrived during a very cold spell with temps around 8 degrees Fahrenheit.
The location offered easy access to the mall, many restaurants and the metro system. We did not have to use the metro, however, because the cab ride to downtown DC was only around $15. The desk staff was happy to call a cab when we needed one. And for our dinners out at a couple of local restaurants the courtesy van was free... though we always tipped the driver.

If I had to choose one thing that I thought that could be better I would have liked a more sound proof room. It was no worse than some other, much more expensive hotels we've stayed at, just not as good as others. I could faintly hear others outside our room and so we tried to be as quiet as we could so as not to disturb others.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Will_Sharp
Santa Rosa, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

From the free shuttle service to and from the airport, to the free local shuttle, to the front desk staff, to the breakfast staff, to the maid service, the key words are friendly, helpful, courteous and efficient. We were greeted with a smile by every member of the staff we saw, even the maid in the hallway.

Our room was a studio with a kitchenette, very clean, quiet and modern. All utensils and dinnerware were spotless. The morning breakfast was excellent, featuring freshly cooked eggs and bacon, many choices of hot and cold cereals, bagels, toast, muffins, fresh fruits and a wide variety of beverages. The lobby and public areas are bright and clean. There is a dedicated computer and printer right by the elevators for obtaining boarding passes as well as two additional computers and printers in a quiet business office setting. There is a large variety of restaurants to choose from within several blocks of the hotel.

The free hotel shuttle is a big plus. They dropped me off at Costco to purchase a forgotten item, picked me back up, and later took us to dinner. The next day they dropped us off at Fort Myer (Arlington Cemetery). They also drop off at the Metro station.

With our senior discount, the total for 2 nights was $210, less than some other hotels in the area were charging for a single night. I would especially like to commend Dorian and the gentleman from Eritrea (did not get his name) who were so pleasant and accommodating at the front desk.

We are planning to return to DC for a week of vacation in the near future and will definitely stay at this hotel when we do.

Room Tip: We were on the 14th floor at the end of the hallway, room 1401. It was very quiet with views of the...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Pete W
gpwee738, Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Pentagon City, responded to this review, September 25, 2014
Thank you for sharing your review of the Residence Inn at Pentagon City on TripAdvisor. I am glad that you found everything so convenient during your stay with us. I look forward to welcoming you back when your travels bring you to the area again.
NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014

We spent two night in the Residence Inn in Pentagon City. Overall we were happy with the stay. You can tell that the hotel has undergone extensive renovations. Everything from the room, to the breakfast area to the pool and gym is kept very clean. In particular the pool/gym area is outstanding for an extended Hotel. The personnel is generally friendly. The only issue we had was with the shuttle as it came very late to pick us up from the metro but on the other hand it is really a short walk only to the hotel. I would highly recommend this place for a family trip to the DC area.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Buenzli
gpwee738, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Pentagon City, responded to this review, September 25, 2014
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014

We were on the 16th floor and had a great view of both and more! Nice large room including a full couch, which was nice for my tall husband to stretch out on. My brother and his wife traveled with us and they had a nice room as well, just a bit smaller.

The hotel is a short walk (maybe 3 blocks) from the Metro. I would not like to walk it at night by myself because of lack of lighting--even though the area is safe. That's just me. But we were fine. The Metro entrance is joined to a big Mall--you can go from Metro to shopping without going outside. There are lots of restaurant choices just inside the doors from the Metro side.

The free breakfast was nice--just get there early! We went at 7:00 each day so we could get an early start on being a tourist. When we came back down at 8:00, the place was packed.

The staff was all nice--restaurant to front desk. Love Marriott properties!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple