“In the midst of it all . . .”

Residence Inn Arlington Pentagon City
Ranked #2 of 51 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersBronze level
Miami, Florida, United States
“In the midst of it all . . .”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

My family and I were in DC for the Fourth of July. The Residence Inn was a great choice. We were a short drive from all of the major attractions (Arlington National Cemetery, Smithsonian Museums, monuments, etc.). Let's start with the check-in. We arrived after midnight. We were greeted by very professional and courteous staff. We were provided with maps and information that proved quite helpful as we planned our daily activities. The breakfast was great. It was a little crowded, but the staff was very attentive and replenished the food offerings quickly. The hotel is beautifully decorated, with very up to date furnishings. Our room was great, very spacious. Our family is planning a return trip to DC and we will definitely be returning to the Residence Inn. Hats off to Melissagale for the attention to detail and assistance during our visit.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the side facing the Pentagon, the view of DC is great!
2 Thank Monique305
Glenn W, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Pentagon City, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Thanks for recommending the Residence Inn at Pentagon City on TripAdvisor. I'm glad that you found your check in experience so welcoming, and that the crowded breakfast still met your needs. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you need reservations for your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
Rocky Mount, Virginia, United States
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Very nice hotel! Great location next to the mall. Breakfast was hot and fresh!!! Would stay again! Bed were very comfy also. Enjoyed the pool area and workout center... Rooms were very nice and clean... The pull out sofa was very beneficial to our stay...also not far from the train...

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Residence Inn in Pentagon City. I'm very happy that you found everything to your liking. If there is anything we can do, please let us know.
Smithfield, VA
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I have been staying at this hotel for over 10 years on business trips to the Pentagon and it actually seems to get better with age. My room on the 15th floor for this latest stay had been completely renovated, i.e., new carpets, paint, wall coverings, furniture, flat screen TV, cabinets, the whole nine yards. That said, I was surprised to see that they have yet to install room safes (hint, hint). The room was quiet, spotless, and pleasantly decorated. Breakfast was the standard assembly-line Residence Inn buffet of scrambled eggs and the trimmings, but everything was fresh and well prepared, so no surprises and no complaints. The staff is always pleasant, courteous, and helpful. The location is the key selling feature, though; one block from the Pentagon City Metro and the hotel will drop you off in their complimentary shuttle anywhere within a one-mile radius. It doesn't get much better than that for a business trip.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for recommending the Residance Inn at Pentagon City to your fellow TripAdvisor members. I do agree that our location is perfect for visiting the city, or working in the area. I am glad that you were able to take advantage of our local shuttle service as well. Regarding the safes, we do have lock boxes behind the front desk if you need anything secured. You would have the only key that can re-open the lock box, so your valuables will be secure.
�����
Reviewed July 28, 2013

My family and I were in DC for a family reunion. Not knowing a shuttle would've picked us up, we walked the short distance from the Metro stop. The location is great with a giant mall within two blocks!! They had themed social hours in the lobby and the continental breakfast was great. Even stay open past the 9 a.m. posted time. The were two reunions the same weekend and the staff handled our stay graciously. The room was awesome. We had a king size bed and a nice sitting room. The kitchen was nice and we didn't even have to wash the dishes. Excellent hotel!! Will definitely by our first choice upon visiting DC again!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for recommending the Residence Inn at Pentagon City on TripAdvisor. We had several family reunions that week, and heard that they all had a wonderful time. I have also passed your comments on to our breakfast team. I hope you get a chance to visit our nation's capital in the future, and look forward to welcoming you personally when you do.
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I am not sure what to say,..but everything was perfect. All was above, if not excelled the standard in past hotels we have visited.
The arrival was exceptionally professional. We had been stuck in traffic from Richmond, VA and were rather stressed when we first arrived,..they were very calming ( thanks,Zem) , and welcoming. The room was very spacious, with a stovetop, large fridge, microwave and dishwasher. All amenities seemed to be new, updated. The view was spectacular as we were able to see the Pentagon, Arlington Nat, Cem, Lincoln Mem, and Kennedy Centre as well.
You are also very close to a high-end shopping mall, with VAST selection of stores, as well as the Metro subway system, which I would recommend to anyone over driving.
Breakfast was superb, and complete with eggs, cereal, fresh fruit, yogurt, breads,juices....
Parking is underground and is $23/day, but, worth it for the stay we had. You do also have in/out privileges if needed.
The pool/hot tub and exercise room, were very well maintained, clean and updated.
The only complaint if any, was that the hallways, themselves, were not well vented, or had poor air circulation, and felt stuffy.
Otherwise, would happily return, without a doubt. Would only wish other hotels can meet the standards that this hotel possesses and presents on a daily basis.
Thank you.

Room Tip: higher floors can present you with great views of DC.
4 Thank AdrianSly
Glenn W, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Pentagon City, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Thank you so much for the wonderful review of the Residence Inn at Pentagon City. I have shared your comments with our entire team so they know that their efforts are paying off. I also wanted to let you know that we are aware that the top two floors do get warm during a heat wave like we have had a few times this summer. Our chief engineer is looking into a solution for next year, but assure you that the rooms themselves have brand new units that can keep up during the hottest days. Thank you again, and I look forward to welcoming you on your return visit to our area.
Ontario
Reviewed July 23, 2013

From the moment we walked through the doors we were greeted with a welcome. Nice cold lemon water was waiting for us in the lobby. The hotel room was very spacious with a small kitchen area that included dishes, microwave, toaster, stove and refrigerator. Very little hallway noise to bother you.
We used the pool one day and were met by and had a good conversation with the lifeguard. He gave us lots of good information about the area.
This is a very safe area and felt at ease walking to use the Metro at either the Pentagon or Pentagon City points. The Metro is extremely easy to use and very cost effective. An all day pass cost us $14.00 each.
The mall is located just around the corner for shopping.
Parking is very safe and easy. However there is a cost.
We did have an issue with the lock on our hotel door which was promptly remedied. For our inconvenience our parking was compted as well as offered a cold drink each while waiting for repairs. The staff were very apologetic for the inconvenience, but this issue was out of their control and things do happen.
We would definitely recommend this hotel.
Thank you to the hotel staff, desk , room service and maintenance.
We also met a nice family from Louisiana and areas. Looks like you all had a great family reunion. It was a pleasure to have met you.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank JR2
Thanks for taking the time to share your experience at the Residence Inn at Pentagon City. I agree that we are the perfect location for a trip to the nation's capitol. Not only is the metro one block away, and only three stops from the national mall, we are located in a very safe neighborhood with dozens of restaurants and shopping within walking distance. I'm glad you had such a great time while staying with us, and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I stayed here for a week and from the moment I walked in the door I was greeted with the best customer service I've received from a hotel in just about any city. I even tweeted about it multiple times during my stay (Marriot International responded a few times!). The room was an awesome size complete with kitchen (and corkscrew!), sitting area, separate sink/vanity area which is probably great for more than one person staying in the room. It's pet friendly and the bed was very comfortable. I had a view of the Capital building, Jefferson Memorial, and Washington Monument and could see 4th of July fireworks from my window. In an effort to be more social for the holiday I left the room to watch them from the front of the hotel. To my surprise they were handing out popcorn, mini flags, and glow in the dark necklaces!

There was ice cold water in the lobby all day that they infused with fresh fruit. It was different each day--I can't decide which I liked better, the kiwi or the cucumber. The free breakfast had plenty of hot and cold choices. They also had an evening social on the weeknights but because of my schedule I didn't get to any. The pool area and workout room was also very good, smaller pool area but sufficient. The hotel is directly facing the Pentagon, walking distance to Pentagon City mall, close to a Super Target and movie theater, 30 seconds to 395 (which takes you everywhere in northern VA and DC). I parked on the street but one of the days drove around in the garage, it seemed pretty tight (I drive a compact car) this would have been a downside for me if I used it. I ended up parking on the street the whole week which was much easier because I was in and out all day every day.

Two highlights of my stay---after a very long day toward the end of the week it was after midnight and I went to the lobby for snacks. There was a lot to choose from but I mostly just wanted wine. After a funny conversation with Mike, the front desk agent, about how they can't sell wine after midnight I decided to get ice cream. Everything was grossly over priced (standard for hotels) but I was so desparate I decided to suck it up and pay $7 for a pint of Haggen Daaz. Wouldn't you know it, Mike said the ice cream was on him! The other highlight was at checking out, one of the managers went through the trouble of faxing a request to my bank while I was standing there to release the authorization hold immediately from my card...my bank usually holds it for up to two weeks after I check out. By ther time my car was loaded up, the money was available in my bank.

Downsides: Extremely expensive lobby snacks; very long wait for elevators 80% of the time

Room Tip: If you are driving park on the street!! It is free after 6pm and on weekend, only $1 an hour all oth...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taing the time to recommend the Residence Inn at Pentagon City to other TripAdvisor users. I was very happy to read all the wonderful things you had to say about our hotel and staff. I'm glad that you had such a great time while staying with us over the holiday, and that our exra touches were so well received. I hope to be able to welcome you on your next visit to the area.