Residence Inn by Marriott Arlington Pentagon City
The Westin Arlington Gateway(Arlington)(Great Value!)
$99
$76
Westin.com
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of $108/night.

Virginian Suites Arlington(Arlington)(Great Value!)
$89
AscendHotels
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of $115/night.

$93
ComfortInn
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $108/night.

$81
$73
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $87/night.

$109
Hampton.com
  • Breakfast included
Econo Lodge Metro(Arlington)(Great Value!)
$102
EconoLodge
Crystal Gateway Marriott(Arlington)(Great Value!)
$159
$119
Marriott Hotels
Savings alert! 43% below average rates

The price you found is 43% lower than this hotel's average rate of $210/night.

$94
$80
Doubletree.com
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of $114/night.

$85
$68
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $85/night.

Hyatt Centric Arlington(Arlington)(Great Value!)
$99
$97
Priceline
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $120/night.

1,098 results
All reviewspentagon citytwo bedroom suitefull kitchenmetro stationwithin a mile radiusfree breakfastgrocery storepool and hot tubdc areathe air force memorialtwo blocksfree shuttlefront desk stafffashion centrelarge mallharris teeteryogurt
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Have little negative to say about this hotel. Friendly staff, great and comfortable room, nice pool and hot tub, etc etc.
The breakfast was fine as was the evening snack with drinks.
The only negative thing I found about this hotel was the coffee. It was horrible. Not sure what brand they are using but it isn't working.

1  Thank thumper114
Reviewed July 11, 2013

The rooms are pretty much what appears online. Don't plan to use the sofa bed for extra sleep space unless you have kids that can just as easily sleep on the floor. Very uncomfortable. There was only one person finishing check in when I arrived at about 10:30 am. They allowed early check in. Big plus! But by the time I was done there was a big line up behind me. This flustered the desk clerk and she really could have used some help. I asked for an upgrade and was told they didn't have anything available as they were very booked. I was okay with that and understand. But then they gave us a room on the second floor I had requested an upper floor with Capital View so we could watch the fireworks from our room My husband is disabled and uses a mobility scooter because he can't stand and walk for long distances. I was not happy about the room assignment but there wasn't anything I could do about it. The desk clerk told me we would have a great view from that room. However, the hotel itself was blocking the view. Once in the room I checked the sofa bed and found goldfish crackers all over it and smeared food on the top edge of the couch. Opening the refrigerator I found specks of food all over it as if it hadn't been cleaned properly in a while and a half pitcher of what I think was water along with a half empty bottle of gator-aid. Oddly, the King bed had some foreign item between the top coverlet and the bedding that looked like a piece of whisk-broom. I checked for a room with two beds online and it showed there were some available. So I went to the desk and again requested a room with two beds. Was told they didn't have any. Breakfast was included with the room. It was okay. They had make your own waffles, if you wanted to stand in a very long line for them. It was crowded and hardly a place to sit. Eggs were from power mix, sausage was microwaved, "fried" potatoes were tasteless. But I guess, what can you expect. They had yogurt, oatmeal, some cereals and fruit. It was adequate. Our first morning was July 4. The breakfast card they gave us at arrival said breakfast started at 6:30 am. Monday through Friday. The desk clerk also mentioned this when she gave me the card. However, at 6:30 am, it was not yet open and did not open until 7:00 due to the holiday. There were no posted signs and we were not informed of this. There were several families in the lobby area also expecting breakfast to start at 6:30.

It took me over an hour to go down the elevator and back up on July 5 and 6. Seems only one of the three elevators was in operation. I asked about taking the stairs and was informed that you can't access the hotel from the stairs, they are for exiting only. Tried it once and yep, you can go down and out of the hotel but it does not lead to the lobby and the doors to the floors are locked with no card access. I have no patience for this and was extremely frustrated. On July 5, we ended up taking the up elevator to go down because by the time the one elevator reached our floor on the way down it was already overcrowded. This is something that management really needs to look into correcting. Even installing card access to some of the lower floors would be helpful.

A minor thing, but still irritating was that none of the doors shut properly. Maintenance told us this was because when they re-did the rooms they put all the doors in the hallway and didn't match the correct doors back up to the correct frames.

Most of the staff were friendly and helpful but did not go out of the way to be helpful. When I asked for a room with 2 beds on 7/4 I was told there was one and that they would have housekeeping move us to that room while we were out for the day. So we packed up everything and put it by the door to our room. However, when we returned we were told that they were sorry but they didn't have any other rooms. The next morning the same desk person told me that they gave away the room because he thought we were coming back earlier and they didn't want to hold the room. Maybe a miscommunication but.....I really don't know what to think about it. I am pretty sure I didn't misunderstand.

I asked for a fan because my granddaughter and I both use it for "white noise" to sleep. One was delivered in a very short time. Not very many hotels will do that. When I told them of the mess of crackers in the couch and the items in the frig they said they would send up housekeeping but I cleaned it myself as I didn't want to be bothered.

The sheets looked clean, the towels were fluffy, the water pressure was great. I do wish they had an adjustable nozzle for the shower head but the rain shower type they had was good. Bed was very comfortable but the pull out sofa, terrible. It was quiet and we slept well. Don't expect the shuttle to be able to take you anywhere you want when ever you want. I asked once for a ride to the nearby grocery and was told I had to wait for two other groups ahead of me. So I walked the 5 blocks or so in 95 degree heat and back again toting 3 six packs of pop. I had to have my diet coke fix! They carry Pepsi products at the hotel and I did buy one bottle of Mountain Dew earlier but it took me 20 minutes of waiting in line at the desk to buy it. Had I not already opened it, I would have put it back. Not worth the 20 minute wait. Did I mention I have no patience?

The pool on the 2nd floor is small but was fine for us. It was clean as were all areas at the property (except for items mentioned in our room)

I talked to the Manager about all of this and was pretty dissatisfied with his lack of response. Understand they were very busy that week but they really need to address the lack of help at the front desk, the breakfast lines, promising a room and then not delivering and my top complaint, the elevators. Really, three elevators and only one in working order during a very busy time is a big inconvenience and frustrating for their guests.

I debated greatly in my rating and I'm still not sure. The hotel itself is clean and nice but for the items I mentioned about our room. The elevator situation and promising a room that wasn't delivered were my chief complaints. We checked out early due to the elevator situation. My husband on a mobility scooter makes it impossible for us to exit the hotel without using the elevator and it was just too frustrating to waste my time standing around waiting for it.

If you stay here, bring a very big dose of patience.

Room Tip: You may not have a choice, we didn't. If you have more than two people, book a room with two beds
Reviewed July 9, 2013

This is a great place to stay if you are going to DC. Metro is easy to get to from the hotel, just a 5 min walk between the office buildings. Less than a half mile is a grocery store (Harris Teeter) and even closer was a CVS, Best Buy and major mall (Fashion Centre)

We stayed Sunday 6/30 thru Saturday 7/6...our check in was painless. We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite with full kitchen and 2 bathrooms. The room was super clean and the housekeeping staff was fantastic. The breakfast everyday was great for our family of four, nice selection including bagels, toast, make your own Belgium waffles, dry cereal with milk, muffins, variety of juice, and the hot items varied, always some sort of eggs(usually scrambled), potato, sausages. Evening socials are offered Mon-Wed and are equally as great, had I realized just how fantastic, I would have coordinated our dinner plans differently....definitely a great enough selection for a dinner for your family offering a variety of things, i.e.: burgers, tilapia, salad, soda, beer, wine, etc. On the nights that the even social was not planned, they offered a wonderful flavored water in the lobby each night, strawberry's and blueberry water, cucumber water, both a nice touch during our stay and very refreshing after a long day out in the heat and humidity! The free shuttle within 1 mile of the hotel is a great feature as well and we only needed to use it once when it was raining hard....very nice driver.

We were on the 5th floor and although I was told the 2 bedroom suites did not have a view of the National Mall, we could actually see it from our room (we had to look out a side window, however we definitely could easily view it) and the hallway window also had a great view of the fireworks over the Washington Monument on the 4th. Much better than dealing with the crowds on the Metro after the fireworks were over.

The only negative for our stay, the elevators broke, two out of three at the same time. Even though this made for a very long wait in the morning....this was out of their control and I would not reduce my overall rating as a result. Thankfully we were only on the 5th floor and the walk up was not so bad.

Very pleased with our visit and would not hesitate staying here again. Highly recommend to anyone!!

2  Thank taowyman
Glenn W, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Arlington Pentagon City, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Thank you fro recommending the Residence Inn at Pentagon City on TripAdvisor. Your review tells exactly why our hotel is perfect for people staying for an extended period of time. I'm glad you were able to use so many of the ammenities we offer, and that they were all so helpful to you. I do apologize again that the elevator went down Saturday. It was very busy that morning, and I know it was an inconvienence.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Our family of 4 stayed for 5 nights and loved it. We were in a two bedroom suite that had loads of room and comfort...a fridge and an oven as well. Everyone was so friendly and helpful, great location, delicious breakfast and a fun social hour with free (be sure to tip) beer and wine and food. We will most certainly stay here again!

1  Thank YokoPilar

Thank you for recommending the Residence Inn at Pentagon City. I'm glad that we were able to meet your families needs so well during your stay. It was a very busy that week, but I'm glad you found the time to recharge to head out into the city the next day.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Normally I stay at the Hilton Garden Inn (HGI) - Downtown DC, but the rates were too stiff over the 4th and I was able to snag this hotel for $95 nightly with a AAA discount which made it unbeatable. The physical appearance of the hotel is very nice and the room was as pictured on the website. Its about a 5 minute walk from the Metro to the hotel. Breakfast was included and varied between good and mediocre each morning. Breakfast was crowded each morning so try to come early if possible.

The negative I noted about the hotel was the staff, they seemed to lack the professionalism I'm accustomed to at the HGI. Many staffers were unable to answer basic tourist questions and the front desk personnel lacked the professionalism I'm normally accustomed to from a HGI property.

Overall it was a pleasant stay and if the HGI was not available I'd consider staying again but it would not be my first choice.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for recommending the Residence Inn at Pentagon City to your fellow readers on TripAdvisor. I'm glad that you were able to find a good rate, and that the hotel itself met your needs. I was concerned the front desk was unable to help you with local tourist questions. I am open to hearing more about this of you would like to speak with me. I can be reached at (703)413-6595.