“Great Place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Great Place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Stayed here for a 5 day trip to DC with the family. We stayed in a 2 room suite with kitchen, 2 bathrooms, and pull out sofa. The room was clean, and comfortable. The free included breakfast is better than most and additional treats like free dinner and free ice cream and popcorn are definitely a plus. We were glad that the hotel was about 2 blocks from the Metro station as we used this non-stop for our DC touring. In addition, the free shuttle to shops, restaurants, and the metro station (in the rain) was fantastic. We even had 1 driver wait outside the pizza shop while we picked up our order. Thanks to the great staff at the Residence Inn, Pentagon City for their assistance and helpfulness during our stay.

Room Tip: We stayed in a corner 2 room suite. Quiet and cool in the summer.
1 Thank harkenco
Glenn W, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Pentagon City, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Residence Inn at Pentagon City. I was pleased to hear that our shuttle drivers were so accommodating. Thanks again for sharing how convenient our location is to all the tourist destinations in our city.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
Abingdon, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

We stayed here in a king suite in April during cherry blossom. The hotel is very clean.and comfortable.Very nice kitchen in the room.Breakfast was better than most, but the best part was the wonderful people who were our hosts. We parked our car and never moved it for 3 days. The shuttle service was fast and so convenient. Yohan and Raymond were great shuttle drivers, each so accommodating to my husband and his portable travel scooter . Miriam, Daisy, KC, Kelvin and Zemenay were so friendly and helpful..Our 11 year old son had a fabulous time as well. He hated to say goodbye! We hope to go back in July and see our new friends. No wonder this hotel is so highly rated!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for recommending the Residence Inn at Pentagon City on TripAdvisor. I have passed on your praise to the associates that you mentioned by name. If you need any assistance with making another reservation, please do not hesitate to contact myself, or any of the front office members that you mentioned in your review. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the area.
Winter Park, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Stayed here for business in Crystal City. The hotel just underwent a major renovation and the rooms and public areas are excellent. I travel a lot for work and this is the nicest Residence Inn I have ever been in. The rooms are clean as they should be. The fitness center is well stocked and the equipment is all new and the pool area is spotless. Breakfast was very nice and had able variety. While the hotel is not on the Metro it is a short walk to the Mall to catch it or the hotel has a shuttle that will take you there or into Crystal City for free till 11pm. Not being on the metro was not a factor. The hotel made up for it with the transportation. Bet in the mornings when it was cooler Crystal City is close enough to walk...only 1.0 mile. One time I walked above ground and the other day I did below ground.......the above ground is a nicer walk and the fresh air better........I would definitely stay here again

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank FloridaTourist_12
Glenn W, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Pentagon City, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Thank you for recommending the Residence Inn at Pentagon City on TripAdvisor. As someone that regularly stays at Residence Inn's, your comments mean a lot to us. Our fitness center was just renovated, and we are very proud of it. Thanks again for sharing your experience and I look forward to welcoming you on your next visit to the area.
Lancaster, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Our extended family of five stayed here for a long weekend visit to DC. We had reserved a two bedroom suite with one queen in each bedroom and a sofa bed, but ended up with a two bedroom suite with a queen in one room and TWO in the other. This was perfect for us, our two adolescent children, and grandma. The two bathroom were a real time saver.

We had great views from our floor. The kids could see many of the monuments and the Capital right from their room, and the Pentagon and Air Force Memorial were just across the highway.

The hotel is one block from the Pentagon City metro station and the mall. Parking is directly underneath the hotel, and the elevator goes right up to the lobby. It was easy to find just off of Interstate 395 across from the Pentagon.

The staff was helpful and friendly. There was an ice cream social going on when we arrived in the evening, so the kids were immediately sold! Breakfast was excellent, and the serving area was spacious and traffic flowed well. The only complaint is that the eating area, although very large, did not accommodate the number of people that chose to eat at the same time that we did.

We did not take advantage of the hotel's shuttle service, though it appeared that many others did.

I'd recommend this hotel for a family that needs more than one room, and is staying for multiple days.

• 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for recommending the Residence Inn at Pentagon City on TripAdvisor. Your review defines exactly why I feel we are the perfect hotel for a family visiting our nation's capital. I couldn't have said it better myself.
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

We stayed for four nights in a two bedroom suite. It was large enough for our kids to have space and relax after a day of sightseeing. Our room was clean and quiet. Staff at the desk was friendly and helpful. Also the staff who served breakfast continuously cleaned and replenished the stations. An overall nice choice for sightseeing in DC area for a family.

• 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for recommending us on TripAdvisor. I feel we are the perfect spot for a family trip to Washington DC. I'm happy that your family had the opportunity to spread out and relax after a day of exploring.
Tampa, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

We checked into this hotel and got the room with a great view. Since we were 4, we requested for a upgrade as part of my Platinum benefits, but for no avail. However, the view of our room more than made up for the lack of upgrade. I love Residence Inn formats in Marriott chains since they are very consistent in what they offer. The kitchen was good and the room was fine and nothing to complain about. The hotel is quite old, but it doesnt show its age very badly. The breakfast area was one of the best. The breakfast options were too good. Parking charges might seem unacceptable, but for most weekends we get free street parking which is safe. The view of Pentagon City is superb from this hotel. Would recommend my friends to stay here.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the Pentagon building would give a good view..
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Voyager_Kams
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Residence Inn at Pentagon City with your fellow TripAdvisor readers. I have already shared your kind words with our breakfast staff and maintance team. I look forward to welcoming you on your next trip to our area.
Hampton, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Let me start off by saying I did stay at the other Residence Inn in Arlington (Residence Inn by Marriott Arlington Ballston) on memorial weekend, the weekend before! And I guess my expectations were very high coming from that location. This location had major disappointments, the room itself was fine, they did not have the option of the king one bedroom suite so we settled for the king studio, it was clean besides rust ring around shower stopper and a dingy smell throughout some parts of the hotel. The breakfast was awful, muffins tasted old, rest of the food cold and nasty even when I tried to go back after they replenished. We had a major problem checking in, I had booked 3 rooms, I had a family member to pay for rooms who was not present so I called ahead to make sure it would go smooth they needed a credit card authorization form signed by him, which was fine, it wasn't taken care of once we arrived which was our fault so I paid for one room so we could get settled and we came back after 11 pm that night to check in the other 2. Everything had been faxed over and complete but once we got back hours later, the hotel staff could not find the form and the person they stated that had it and did not update it to their records was in fact the hotel manager, that of course had went home for the night and had the form in his personal email. Even though I had spoke with him to confirm he received he stated all he needed to do was go and print it out! Of course he didn't, and went home for us to suffer the consequences, so we had to end up paying for the additional rooms, and they would take care of it in the morning. Morning came and he did email them the form but still had issues so they had to call my family member back to clear up. Finally problem was solved but hold is still on our accounts 3 days later. they did let us check out late because of inconvenience. Other than that I wasn't impressed with the hotel or the staff, I would most definitely just go 10 minutes up the road and stay at Residence Inn by Marriott Arlington Ballston, its brand new, and the staff was excellent, breakfast was excellent and accommodations made me feel right at home!

Room Tip: Residence Inn by Marriott Arlington Ballston stay here, much more nicer!!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Mychelle F
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel with others on TripAdvisor. I was concerned to hear that you had so many difficulties during your stay. I would welcoming the opportunity to discuss these issues with you further, as we never want anyone leaving our hotel disappointed.