“Great place to stay if doing business at the Pentagon!”

Residence Inn Arlington Pentagon City
Ranked #3 of 51 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersBronze level
Brooklyn Park, Minnesota
“Great place to stay if doing business at the Pentagon!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I was in DC for 48 hours to attend meetings at the Pentagon/White House. My flight came into Washington- Reagan Airport and I was promptly picked up by the shuttle and brought to the hotel. Check in was a breeze even though my travel arrangements were made and paid for by a third party, and I was able to relax in my King Bed Suite with full kitchen and nice sofa/desk work space, before a day full of meetings the next day. My room was very clean, modern and up to date. I could have easily had 4-5 people in my room for a meeting. We got a few free drinks at happy hour and our group of 6 had plenty of room in the breakfast area to spread out and discuss our presentation for the next day. Hotel shuttle took us to a local restaurant for dinner and brought us back as well. Breakfast in the morning was simple, but fresh and good. All the staff I had interaction with were very friendly. I checked out before my day of meetings and the hotel held my bags for me so in the evening before my flight I walked back from the Pentagon to the hotel and was able to catch the free hotel shuttle to the airport.

This hotel is also within easy walking distance to the Pentagon City shopping mall area and Metro station.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
Graham, North Carolina
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My fiance and I were here over Easter weekend. Room was immaculate with a very nice kitchen area and comoputer/work area. Definitely designed for business customers. Could almost reach out and touch the Pentagon from our room. Hotel was very busy but Staff was very friendly and hellpful. Brakfast bugffet one of the best i have seen. Would definitely stay here agian when in the ara. convenient to Metro, shopping and jsut a few blocks from Restaurant Row.

Room Tip: We had to stand at an angle to actually see the Pentago from our room. I'm sure if you asked you...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
midwest
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We just returned from a 5 night stay in the area. The hotel is in a great location, close to metro, mall and grocery store. Plus, the shuttle essentially will take you anywhere within a one mile radius. (we loved taking the metro and you are only two stops away from L'enfante Plaza stop which can switch you to any line to get anywhere or you can take the blue line around if you don't want to switch trains - we found the switching very easy and much less time on the train) The hotel is extremely clean and the staff is AMAZING! Everytime we asked for anything, from an extra shampoo to towel, they were extremely prompt and friendly (Miriam is also so personable!) One of our kids was unfortunately sick while we were there and they went above and beyond helping us out.

The breakfast is really nice to have and the evening meal is also great if you are around (usually less crowded than breakfast) I would recommend this hotel to anyone. It is definitely not a 5 star hotel with super fancy rooms and spa related amenities, but the rooms are nice and clean and the staff makes it 5 star!! (the kitchen is also nice to have)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank snowbunny44
Kingston, New York
Reviewed April 2, 2013

My friend and I stayed at this hotel Easter weekend, fabulous stay. The room was recently renovated ,well equipped with everything and anything we needed, the pool was small but the Jacuzzi was fabulous. The continental breakfast spread was well organized with a constant supply of fresh healthy food .The entire hotel was well organized in order for all needs to be easily met. I can not say enough about the friendly,helpful,honestly happy staff. They offered information as to where to eat as well as providing free shuttle transportation to and from. Excellent hotel, excellent experience!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We recently stayed for a week with a family group. The hotel put all 3 rooms together which was very nice. All areas were clean and comfortable. Daily breakfast was crowded but still accessible and convenient. Easy walk to Metro Blue and Yellow lines and pentagon city mall. Convenient shuttle to airport, metro, and local restaurants in the crystal city area. The kids liked the indoor pool and hot tub.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Madisonwifamof4
Morganville, New Jersey
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We stayed at this Residence Inn last week for five days and four nights. Our goal was to park our car in the garage and leave it there while we toured Washington DC. This worked out perfectly as the location is just two blocks from the Metro located across the street from the Fashion Center Mall, which is a great place to grab a quick bite to eat. We had a room on the 16th floor overlooking the capitol building and the airport. The room was very clean and comfortable - King Bed suite with a pull out sofa for our son. The desk area for our computer(s) was spacious and located at one of the large windows overlooking the city. It was also convenient having a well stocked kitchen area. We never made it in time to the complimentary breakfast as we usually woke up late and started out at around 10 AM or so and we also never made it to the complimentary cocktails and food as we usually got back late. But, these options were nice to have. We did not interact with the hotel staff to much, but for the times we did, they were very pleasant. Overall, I would say this Residence Inn definitely offered the most value for our money. We did research many hotels to stay out prior to booking this one and we are very happy with our choice and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank MMAK1111
Chandler, Texas
Reviewed March 30, 2013

I stayed there for 4 nights while on business. The employees were very friendly and helpful. They have breakfast Monday thru Friday. Scrambled eggs, waffles and toast available every morning. Not to impressed with meats, and never any bacon served. Monday thru Wednesday nights they served complimentary food. Not very impressive. Monday night was salad that included tossed salad and 3 pasta salads. Tuesday was barbeque. Unknown meat product with bbq sauce, yams and salad. Wednesday I passed. They also serve 3 complimentary glasses of either wine or beer per person M - W. Thursday night they served ice cream with toppings. That was nice. Hotel is very close to Pentagon City Mall, within walking distance and they offer free shuttle in and around Crystal City, as well as a free airport shuttle. Metro stop right by the mall allowing access to lots of other areas. Could see the Pentagon from my room. Room with king bed, big screen tv, desk and sofa and table with two chairs and a full kitchen. Didn't use the kitchen, but took a look and discovered it was fully stocked with pots and pans, silverware and plates, as well as linens, dishwasher, full fridge and stove top and microwave. All rooms are away from the elevator and I never heard any noise in the hallways. Great place to stay!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business